• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,175 posts

Posted 28 November 2017 - 07:10 PM

Well, Christmas is coming...way too fast!

Since I don't get out and about much any more, I'm doing most of my shopping online. Thank goodness for Amazon! They seem to have everything. The biggest drawback to not actually seeing the items seems to be there are so many like items to choose from...and how do I choose the best one?

I'm sure my mail carrier hates me this time of year!

#2 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 29 November 2017 - 08:48 AM

To make sure I am getting legit items I make sure to mostly by items shipped & sold by Amazon. Also the reviews can be helpful. If too many of them go on and on about how great a product is they are probably fake. If it has a lot of reviews and they are not all similar they are probably legit. I burn my prime membership up on a weekly basis lol

• cindiloohoo and GrumpyGranny like this

#3 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,175 posts

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:09 PM

Yeah, Bigfoot, we have prime shipping thanks to our daughter and son-in-law and I make good use of it! I placed a huge order this morning and most of it is prime shipping and will be here Sunday. Time to start wrapping presents! I've always loved wrapping presents and am ashamed to admit this year much of my wrapping will involve the boxes printed with Christmas designs, tissue paper, tape, bows and name tags. It's heck getting old!

#4 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,175 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:18 AM

Well, yesterday was a bummer. We had several packages that should have been delivered. Two were delivered by Amazon's delivery service. The others were in Jeff to be delivered by the post office. None of these other packages were delivered. The delivery note on all says they attempted delivery but couldn't do so because "the business was closed". Huh? We live in a house on a residential street. There are no signs in the yard or on the house that would give the impression we are a business. The packages are addressed to me personally.

You know we hear about packages being stolen all the time, so, of course, we watched for those packages all day long. What a waste of time, and why? Some mail carrier who can't read? Who thinks our house looks like a business? Who doesn't know where our street is? Who is too lazy to get out of his/her vehicle?

Oh, yeah. The delivery notes all said look for the notice of attempted delivery for the next step in acquiring our packages but there were no such notices to be found.

I will be going to the post office this morning. I will be a grumpy granny for sure.

#5 Ruth Ann Rawlings

Ruth Ann Rawlings

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 07:15 PM

I am, like the consummate Amazon shopper.  Only issue I've ever had is the post office delivering my item to the wrong address.  Thank goodness they track that stuff and when I reported it, they knew exactly where it was delivered.  I finally got it.  

• cindiloohoo and GrumpyGranny like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users