3 replies to this topic

#1 partsguy

partsguy

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 01 September 2017 - 06:59 PM

I see the buildings on Market have been torn down.  WHat used to be LT's and La Pasadita are gone.  Anyone want to share, I heard the plan was laid out somewhere.  What is going on here?

#2 masey

masey

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:53 AM

Spending money the town doesn't have. They want to build businesses on bottom floor and have apartments on top with parking and entrance on backside away from street. Have heard it will be 18 months or so and I don't know if city doing or will end up being a private firm. The city paid a boat load for the properties. Suppose to be building a new police station also.

Do you go to Council Meetings? They are to vote tonight on a bond issue that sounds like it is for the people buying Sr. Housing on Fulkerson St but people have found it is really for Neace to build a building for redevelopment.

For buildings torn down go to Mayor Bob on Facebook and info on bond issue go to NOW not our water on Facebook and read.

Town is so devided and council people except Tina Barnes won't talk to anyone they know has questions or don't agree with them. They do not question anything. Very disappointed in them.

I am wondering where the Democrate Party is at? Tina Barnes is left out of the information until very last min.
  • kelley and CityBoy like this

#3 partsguy

partsguy

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 05 September 2017 - 08:45 PM

I don't.  I live in New Wash, work in Clarksville, and commute through Charlestown, Sellersburg, or Jeff, depending on which way I choose to go.  I follow the happenings in Charlestown because I do shop, eat, and other stuff there.

#4 Ruth Ann Rawlings

Ruth Ann Rawlings

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 12:18 PM

Hey, Partsguy, I'll look for you around town,  I'm sure I'll recognize you by your avitar!

• kelley and partsguy like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users