23 replies to this topic

#21 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,132 posts

Posted 27 September 2017 - 10:30 AM

I still pop in about once a week. Lately I've been following Hoosier Taxpayer and Southern Indiana Open Minded blogs. Different formats than Chatter but still informative.

I had the distinct impression you were doing more than following one of those.
  • woo likes this

#22 OpenEars

OpenEars

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 12:17 PM

As I read through one of those blogs, I wondered if anyone would think that. We share a lot of similar ideals for sure. I thought I had it pegged who it was when the first two posts came out but was proven wrong when the third post came out while I sitting next to that person.

It's good to know there are others out there like me and I'm not alone in my thoughts like I've felt on here at times.  

#23 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,714 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 12:21 PM

I think the virus warnings have ran everyone away. For the chatter to survive the warnings must be removed. I still meet people on the streets that ask what happened to the chatter or why the chatter died....and I hate this. The chatter is a good forum for citizens to express their opinions on everything and anything happening in their lives. No other local forum or blog comes close to comparing with the chatter.
  • IntegrityMatters, cindiloohoo, kelley and 6 others like this

#24 James-R-McClure-Jr

James-R-McClure-Jr

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:30 PM

Peace, GrumpyGranny,

First, yes, the CCC should continue.  It is a valued resource.  As Mike said, no other blog or board provides the same level of information.

Second, you should look into changing your hosting company.  They are the source of the virus warnings.  I don't get them using the Pale Moon browser, so it is a problem with any browser which using Google's DNS/search services.  Either your host should be able to address the problem and get Google to remove them from their blacklist or you need a new home.  Get rid of the virus warning and people will come back.

• kelley, Not Super But Honest Mike, masey and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users