Photo

Permit needed for privacy fence in Jeff?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 08:07 AM

Does anyone know if you need to get a permit to have a privacy fence installed in Jeffersonville? I am wanting to get one installed and need to know if I have to have a permit pulled.

Thanks in advance!

#2 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 10:28 AM

I believe the local rule is to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.

#3 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 12:08 PM

I believe the local rule is to ask for forgiveness rather than permission.

That would be nice but I can't afford to have a fence built then bribe off the city officials. Those bribes get pretty pricey

#4 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:45 AM

Yes...

https://cityofjeff.n...ing-commission/

Halfway down the page, links to a PDF.

#5 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 06 July 2017 - 05:34 PM

Does anyone know if you need to get a permit to have a privacy fence installed in Jeffersonville? I am wanting to get one installed and need to know if I have to have a permit pulled.

Thanks in advance!

That would be nice but I can't afford to have a fence built then bribe off the city officials. Those bribes get pretty pricey

as stated.....yeah.....

they gonna CHARGE ya $$.......so's they charge ya MO' $$.........an' charge ya.......YEARLY........  

:logik: .......crock'o  :poo-emoticon:  ain'it?........

#6 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,300 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:13 AM

Does anyone have any recommendations for someone to do a privacy fence? I've contacted a few places but never hear back from them. 

#7 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 09:51 AM

Ryan Jefferson with Star Outdoor Construction & Design. 812.786.7410.

In fairness to those not calling you back, everyone I know that does any type of residential contracting are totally covered up with work right now.

Edited by kelley, 11 July 2017 - 09:52 AM.

#8 BMJ

BMJ

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 08:03 AM

Ryan Jefferson with Star Outdoor Construction & Design. 812.786.7410.

In fairness to those not calling you back, everyone I know that does any type of residential contracting are totally covered up with work right now.

I am a very long time lurker and this post finally prompted me to join.  I disagree with the recommendation of Star Construction based on his follow-up work.  We originally had Ryan do some landscaping for us last year.  He did a great job and we were very pleased.  We asked him to come back this spring to check on some plants that were not doing well and still covered under his warranty.  Also, we were planning to get a quote from him on a hardscape project.   My wife emailed Ryan on April 23 and he replied that he would stop by, but it would be about 3 weeks.  I understand that's a very busy time of year for this type of business and we were understanding at that point.  She has since emailed two more times, texted several and called a couple.  He is not responding anymore to our attempts to contact.  It has been over 3 months since he replied that he would be by in 3 weeks....with no responses at all since then.  I see on his facebook page that his business is still active.  I understand these companies are busy.  However, no follow-up and ignoring our messages is very disconcerting.  I would not recommend Ryan Jefferson at Star Outdoor Design based on our experience with him.

#9 OpenEars

OpenEars

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:24 AM

Reach out to Lambs Lawn and Landscape. (812) 923-6894

#10 BMJ

BMJ

Tourist

• Members