6 replies to this topic

#1 Stirring the Pot

Stirring the Pot

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:57 AM

Whilst kibbitzing around the Secretary of State's website the other day, I came upon an "Edtester LLC" owned by one Andrew Melin. Has anyone else heard about this? Is this old news that I'm rehashing? 

#2 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,132 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:18 PM

It's news to me.
  • Donna likes this

#3 TimZ

TimZ

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 12:43 PM

"Education services, namely, conducting informal on-line programs in the fields of learning management and testing, and printed material distributed therewith."

Heck if I know what that means.

#4 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,175 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:50 AM

https://edtester.com/

We provide a safe and secure Learning Management Solution that connects Teachers, Students, Parents, and Administrators together in one platform.

I have no idea whether this site is the same Edtester owned by Melin.

#5 Dave

Dave

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:25 PM

According to this LinkedIn profile the president of EdTester is one Jake Melin, who presumably is Andrew Melin's son. Two thoughts: 1) According to the LinkedIn profile, the young Mr. Melin graduated from high school in 2016. I'd exercise caution doing business with a tech company whose president is a teenager. 2) It is important to know if any GCCS has conducted any business with this company.

• GrumpyGranny, kelley, Avid Reader and 1 other like this

#6 smellslike

smellslike

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:18 PM

In my hazy little memory, I believe gccs did business with a computer company that the son of Andrew was involved in. I truly hope I am wrong about this but it seems a contract was given or offered to get the son into the company. Again, I hope I am wrong about this. Not trying to stir the pot.

#7 smellslike

smellslike

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:21 PM

Also, on second thought, I believe that the computer teacher, Mr. Horan I believe his name to be, is turning out some quality, workforce ready individuals which is a great credit to him and the school system.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users