23 replies to this topic

#21 maddog

maddog

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 11:38 PM

I am not surprised. When the true intentions were questioned at a board meeting by Datillo, she got a cold reception. One person at the meeting screamed "we trust you Dr. Melin". Anyone at the meeting want to issue an apology?
  • kelley likes this

#22 TimZ

TimZ

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:14 AM

I have contacted the Department of Local Government Finance, the State Board of Accounts, the Public Integrity Coalition, and a private law firm.  Nothing seems promising.  Since the use of the funds (building classrooms) was accurately described at the public hearing, the wording on the petition does not seem to matter.

• IntegrityMatters and kelley like this

#23 IntegrityMatters

IntegrityMatters

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:57 AM

The only thing that might phase Melin is if students start leaving the district.   Each student is worth about $7,000 to him.   Spring Hill parents need to look into sending their children to Clarksville Elementary --- only 1.7 miles from Spring Hill. ( Northaven is 3.3 miles away.)   I believe Clarksville would send a bus to the Spring Hill area to pick up children each day if enough transfer.   Maple students could consider this as well.

Also, some may check into Rock Creek, Community Montessori and/or Sacred Heart.   Parents, you do NOT have to follow the Pied Piper.   There are alternatives.  

These two schools mean so much to their communities.  If Greater Clark is not going to understand how important they are and shut them down, then I encourage the parents to take their children OUT of Greater Clark.

• GrumpyGranny, kelley and Avid Reader like this

#24 Avid Reader

Avid Reader

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 388 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 02:55 PM

The only thing that might phase Melin is if students start leaving the district.   Each student is worth about $7,000 to him.   Spring Hill parents need to look into sending their children to Clarksville Elementary --- only 1.7 miles from Spring Hill. ( Northaven is 3.3 miles away.)   I believe Clarksville would send a bus to the Spring Hill area to pick up children each day if enough transfer.   Maple students could consider this as well.

Also, some may check into Rock Creek, Community Montessori and/or Sacred Heart.   Parents, you do NOT have to follow the Pied Piper.   There are alternatives.  

Rock Creek already runs a out of district shuttle and it picks up about .5 miles away from Spring Hill. Clarksville, also, runs an out of district shuttle. If there is enough interest, I feel certain that both schools would consider adding pick up and drop of points at Spring Hill.

Edited by Avid Reader, 09 June 2017 - 02:55 PM.

• IntegrityMatters, GrumpyGranny and kelley like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users