4 replies to this topic

#1 Hoosierpal

Hoosierpal

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 March 2017 - 12:54 PM

Can anybody shed any light to what is going on at Jeffersonville High School?

Rumor has it that Coach Joe Luce verbally assaulted a student and/or police officer in his official capacity as Dean of Students and was placed on Admin Leave for over a month. If this is true, it seems that he very well could have been arrested during the altercation. Question is will he resign, will the Administration and Dr. Andrew Melin terminate him, or will they cover up the situation? Rumor is he is being protected by a former coach now administrator. Former coach Matt Pait was terminated for far less. The Ole Red Devil faithful are reporting that Joe Luce has since labeled his staff as untrustworthy for not boycotting the sectional games. Although in turmoil, I hear that his staff has worked very hard and stood by his side. What a mess over there in Red Devil land.

http://www.newsandtr...da68b0c80e.html

On a positive note, if the Joe Luce era ends, the Ole Red Devil faithful are saying that former Coach Michael Broughton will 100% jump in the mix for the first time to jump start the program. Apparently he has not officially applied in the past, but he will this time around if the opportunity presents itself. His involvement could either be to return as the head coach or to help the programs return to Indy if the powers to be choose to hire current assistant coach Sherron Wilkerson. The Red Devils seem to have all the tools to be very competitive next season. That is if the program can gain some direction in time. Only time will tell. :unsure:

#2 apirateatheart

apirateatheart

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 31 March 2017 - 12:36 PM

Glad that I have left the confines of Clark County if this is truly the stuff that is going on.   Think about what would have happened if Luce's staff HAD boycotted the Sectional games.   A team without a coach?     Does the team then boycott too?   I don't know if his suspension was justified or not, but if Luce truly labeled his staff as untrustworthy, then the guy has to go.

#3 CE Martin II

CE Martin II

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 05:55 PM

"Verbally" assaulted?

#4 CaptainPicard

CaptainPicard

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 776 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:45 AM

Luce was trying discipline a student who had been blatantly rebellious.  His superiors were not going to follow through with punishment.  Luce then went a little bit nutso and got upset letting a couple of f-bombs fly.  I totally get teachers not feeling like the administration has their back on discipline issues but a teacher just can't act like the kids either.

#5 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 07:41 PM

Can anybody shed any light to what is going on at Jeffersonville High School?

Rumor has it that Coach Joe Luce verbally assaulted a student and/or police officer in his official capacity as Dean of Students and was placed on Admin Leave for over a month. If this is true, it seems that he very well could have been arrested during the altercation. Question is will he resign, will the Administration and Dr. Andrew Melin terminate him, or will they cover up the situation? Rumor is he is being protected by a former coach now administrator. Former coach Matt Pait was terminated for far less. The Ole Red Devil faithful are reporting that Joe Luce has since labeled his staff as untrustworthy for not boycotting the sectional games. Although in turmoil, I hear that his staff has worked very hard and stood by his side. What a mess over there in Red Devil land.

http://www.newsandtr...da68b0c80e.html

On a positive note, if the Joe Luce era ends, the Ole Red Devil faithful are saying that former Coach Michael Broughton will 100% jump in the mix for the first time to jump start the program. Apparently he has not officially applied in the past, but he will this time around if the opportunity presents itself. His involvement could either be to return as the head coach or to help the programs return to Indy if the powers to be choose to hire current assistant coach Sherron Wilkerson. The Red Devils seem to have all the tools to be very competitive next season. That is if the program can gain some direction in time. Only time will tell. :unsure:

:logik: ......Ya know......rarely come in'is section,BUT.....GOT'a share ...... :tongue:

Ever hear tell o' this dude?......?......

https://en.wikipedia...ou_Tsioropoulos

156b434343fa7106e3cbfdbe239fddf1.jpg

ANYways,ON with it,LOL.....

was 'KING Shizz' (principal) at'a Jr High I attend'd.....BIG ef'n dude, must'a been...? .....6'6", or so....we call'd 'im.....'Mr T'....

was in my final yr.....9th grade.....had a classmate, 'Mike N'.......anyways, T always had it out fer 'is dude....'Mike'.....was jus' sumbody ya did'n mouth off to, or 'F with......'bout ?.....5'8", me'be.....kind'a 'broad at'a shoulder,narrow at'a hip (kind'a like a song everbody knows....hahaha!) 

lunchtime......in cafeteria.....'T' comes over.....dunno whut was said ta 'Mike', but when 'T' grab'd his shoulder......'AT was a mistake.....UP out'a that chair,(Mike) with roundhouse left hook......'at big SOB hit'a floor like giant oak tree......an' did'n move, neither.......knock'd 'im colder'n a diddly-dang wedge...., :tongue:

'Mike'.....?......yeah, got'a x'pulsion......he did'n give a ratz...... :tongue:

got's ta know ......who.......an' whut'cha 'F'  with.......... :whistle:

had some azzkik'rz back'n them dayz........ :yes:

Edited by Bikerdude, 03 May 2017 - 07:47 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users