#1 IntegrityMatters

IntegrityMatters

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,996 posts

Posted 15 February 2017 - 09:12 AM

NOTICE TO: Greater Clark County Schools Residents

Sign the Blue Petition Forms to VOTE “NO” STOP The Proposed Property Tax Increase

Over 75% of voters said NO to the property tax increase referendum in Nov. 2015.

In defiance of that vote, the GCCS school board approved a $68 million capital projects plan to obtain the funds they wanted without taxpayer/voter approval. They have already issued $8 million in bonds and are currently seeking another $22 million. More are coming in the next year or two. Each time they issue bonds your property taxes go up.

The current process (known as the Petition and Remonstrance process) requires your signature on three petition forms to stop their request for $22 million in bonds which will raise your property taxes.    This $22 million is actually $38 million with interest.   Approx. $1.7 million per year over 22 years.

These bonds ARE NOT all that the administration wants.   They have already issued $4.5 million for the radio station; $8.4 million for various projects supposedly under $2 million each which did not require taxpayer approval; and now the current $22 million.   In addition, they will be issuing MORE bonds later this year and next year for a myriad of other "projects" that they want.   When all is done, the total bonds issued will exceed $70 million, most of which Dr. Melin plans to get WITHOUT your approval.  

Sign the three BLUE petition forms for NO – STOP PROPERTY TAX INCREASES. 

(Please note the YELLOW petition forms are for YES – MORE TAXES -- do not sign a yellow form unless you support all these bonds)

Go to Facebook page Stop GCCS's Wasteful Spending for more Information.

Petitions will be available beginning Thursday, February 16th. Be sure to sign (vote!).  BE SURE TO SIGN ON THE BLUE FORM (not yellow).

All registered voters and/or property owners within the Greater Clark School district can vote.  If you would like to sign and cannot get to one of the voting sites, please send me a message and I will see that someone contacts you to sign.

THANK YOU!!!!

Edited by IntegrityMatters, 15 February 2017 - 09:16 AM.

• kelley likes this

#2 OpenEars

OpenEars

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 11:30 AM

I'm neither for nor against...

However, in the spirit of there's two sided to everything:

https://www.facebook...706?pnref=story

#3 TimZ

TimZ

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:18 AM

I just did a quick calculation.  This money is to build interior walls at 3 "open concept" schools.  By my estimate, that works out to more than $150,000 per classroom for 4 interior walls and a locking door.  Does that not sound unreasonable on the face of it?

• kelley likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users