9 replies to this topic

#1 Col-Arthur

Col-Arthur

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 07:47 PM

There will be many pundits dissecting Tuesday´s surprising upset in the upcoming days and weeks.

Today, I ran across one by just a regular internet user on the Reddit site that is well reasoned and well written. ymmv

https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/comments/5cafd5/need_a_postmortem_liberals_you_went_too_far/?st=ivd1xw2o&sh=34638478

• jiyabird likes this

#2 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 10 November 2016 - 10:17 PM

Breakfast Club Music Club/Celebration
Close  to the Cemetery at 8th and Main Street

Post Morten is Dead/America Shares
Sam Kinison - Wild Thing rocks for America!
Jessica Hahn !

#3 Col-Arthur

Col-Arthur

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 16 November 2016 - 09:48 AM

Wow! I can´t get over this kinda crap. What has happened to us?

¨Here’s a new definition of sexism for you: The Huffington Post suggests that progressive men (even Hillary supporters) who have the audacity to try to analyze why Hillary Clinton lost to Donald Trump are guilty of sexism...¨

http://heatst.com/culture-wars/huff-post-progressive-men-who-try-to-analyze-why-clinton-lost-are-being-sexist/

#4 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 08:22 AM

Hillary Clinton popular vote lead has risen to 1.95 million votes... And they are still not done counting mail-in and absentees...  She won the popular vote by a greater percentage than 25 various past Presidents. That's pretty amazing.  My point is not that she should be President, because Electoral College, but that Donald Trump has no mandate to govern. No mandate to tear down Obama progress over the past 8 years.

And I am happy for all of his backtracking since being elected. Looks like Obamacare has a chance of remaining -- there is nothing Republicans can come up with that will do a better job of insuring that many people, at the same time offering well care and a set amount of out-of-pocket costs for insureds.  Trump has just stated that climate change does have a human component... baby steps. 

The Obama economy continues to forge ahead, Dow over 19,000 yesterday

The things to possibly watch out for:  running up the deficit - it's funny how the deficit is the most important thing when Dems are in the White House, but Republicans have no qualms about running it up when they get in office. By granting all of these tax breaks to the rich and corporations, the income inequality gap will widen, instead of shrinking. Hillary was right to make her economic plans pay for themselves, Trump... not so much.  Inflation could be a big problem in the future.

and then there's the Alt-Right, fascism, racism, sexism and on and on... Bullying is way up in schools across the country since the election.

#5 Col-Arthur

Col-Arthur

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 09:10 AM

...No mandate to tear down Obama progress over the past 8 years.

And I am happy for all of his backtracking since being elected. Looks like Obamacare has a chance of remaining...

Fortunately, most of the Republican congressmen and senators won by huge margins as they took control of both houses of congress and therefore have a clear mandate from the people.

They will dismantle Obamacare. If they keep certain parts of the ACA, at least the revised version will get a new name.

• jiyabird likes this

#6 Col-Arthur

Col-Arthur

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 01 December 2016 - 08:03 AM

Looks like Jill Stein´s (wink wink nudge nudge) recount efforts are going nowhere.  Her lack of standing had to be a big factor.

While the whiners keep pointing to whatever popular vote figures they imagine to be true, I thought this map for ¨VOTES BY COUNTY¨ might put things in better perspective.

Miqec9.png

• jiyabird and Goldwater Girl like this

#7 Col-Arthur

Col-Arthur

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 10 December 2016 - 05:38 PM

Alas, the Democratic Party has said they don't plan on changing direction after the a$$-whoopin' of Nov.8, 2016.  I suggest the new slogan should be: "NO HOPE, NEVER CHANGE"

"Imagine a county, so Democrat in this country that it even voted Democrat in the ’72 and ’84 landslide elections. The county is Elliott County in Kentucky and has 4,581 registered Democrats. Elliott County has only 429 registered Republicans. It had voted Democrat for every year since 1872. Until this year. A town comprised of 90% Democrats didn’t vote for Hillary Clinton, because even they knew what corrupt disaster she and Tim Kaine would have been." 

http://www.fireandreamitchell.com/2016/12/09/trump-won-elliot-county-county-that-had-been-democrat-for-144-years/

#8 citizenkane

citizenkane

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 07:01 AM

Looks like Jill Stein´s (wink wink nudge nudge) recount efforts are going nowhere.  Her lack of standing had to be a big factor.

While the whiners keep pointing to whatever popular vote figures they imagine to be true, I thought this map for ¨VOTES BY COUNTY¨ might put things in better perspective.

Miqec9.png

Actually, (wink,wink,nudge,nudge) this doesn't show any perspective at all, it shows bias.

Allow me to explain; 

You see that tiny little blue corner, right there by Long Island? Okay, you wanna guess how many Americans live there? I can tell you...8.4 MILLION AMERICANS! Just in that one tiny little corner. Amazing, huh!

Now you see all those big red states in the middle? Let's take North Dakota, South Dakota, Kansas and Iowa for example. Do you know how many people all together live in those big huge states? I can tell you...about 7.5 Million Americans...TOTAL!!

Wait, What?! You mean there's more Americans living in that tiny little corner of New York than in all 4 of those states combined?

Yes! That's exactly what I mean. And that my friend is called perspective!!

Also, for even more perspective, let's bear in mind this "map" only shows who ultimately won in each particular county, not who actually voted for who. And, I hate to break this to you but for all those bright red counties this map so boldly acts as though everyone in them voted 100% republican? Guess what? They didn't! Yes, it's true, even in Idaho there were people who voted for Hillary Clinton (gasp!). And, just the same in lots of those blue areas there were people who voted for Donald Trump, and so a more accurate coloration of this map would turn out a whole lot more purple (red and blue combined) than this obviously biased one does.

And that my friend is what can be genuinely called a better perspective!

#9 Col-Arthur

Col-Arthur

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 09:38 AM

Actually, (wink,wink,nudge,nudge) this doesn't show any perspective at all, it shows bias.

Allow me to explain; 

You see that tiny little blue corner, right there by Long Island? Okay, you wanna guess how many Americans live there? I can tell you...8.4 MILLION AMERICANS! Just in that one tiny little corner. Amazing, huh!...

Also, for even more perspective, let's bear in mind this "map" only shows who ultimately won in each particular county, not who actually voted for who. And, I hate to break this to you but for all those bright red counties this map so boldly acts as though everyone in them voted 100% republican? Guess what? They didn't! Yes, it's true, even in Idaho there were people who voted for Hillary Clinton (gasp!). And, just the same in lots of those blue areas there were people who voted for Donald Trump, and so a more accurate coloration of this map would turn out a whole lot more purple (red and blue combined) than this obviously biased one does....

And that my friend is what can be genuinely called a better perspective!

First, I want to thank you for your brilliant analysis.

Having said that, I must point out that candidates from both parties assess the importance of each state's electoral votes. The electoral college will meet on Dec. 19 and elect Donald J. Trump as the 45th President of the United States.

Those east and west coast blue blots won't matter much at that point and I for one am thankful that the rest of the country rejected Crooked Hillary and her minions.

• Big Bopper likes this

#10 Col-Arthur

Col-Arthur

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 16 December 2016 - 05:25 PM

RUSSIANS RUSSIANS RUSSIANS

FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS

It seems to me that the left has taken their narrative right out of Joseph Goebbels playbook, i.e. "If you repeat a lie often enough, it will become the truth."

In a TOWNHALL article dated 12/15/16 AG Loretta Lynch states that there was no evidence that Russian hackers had intervened in the technical integrity of the election process.

Julian Assange and others have repeatedly denied that Russia was involved in the DNC and Podesta emails. They have always claimed that insiders from the DNC provided the leaked emails that revealed how "dirty tricks" were used against Bernie Sanders in the democrat primaries and other nefarious plots. Those emails helped to expose Debbie Wasserman Schultz, the head of the DNC, and later her replacement Donna Brazile, who provided the debate questions to Crooked Hillary.

At one point, CNN reported that it was against the law for us (citizens) to read those leaked emails! Yet, to date, there's been very little, if any, discussion by the precious mainstream media of the content of those damning emails.

The liberal left-wing denial is so rampant that some people even believe that articles and memes that were critical of Crooked Hillary could be responsible for infecting websites or my relatives computers or worse.

FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS

RUSSIANS RUSSIANS RUSSIANS

After all is said and done, the ugly glaring facts remain:

Crooked Hillary and her minions spent a little more than $1.3 billion while engineering the worst national election defeat in over 60 years!

Edited by Col-Arthur, 16 December 2016 - 06:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users