#41 James-R-McClure-Jr

James-R-McClure-Jr

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 December 2016 - 11:13 PM

Merry Christmas, Quasar,

For what it's worth, I received the error/warming when I tried to load the site this evening.

• Quasar likes this

#42 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 13 December 2016 - 01:20 AM

Thank you.

It's like a reoccurring nightmare...
  • GrumpyGranny and Mr. Gray like this

#43 citizenkane

citizenkane

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 06:36 AM

Okay, so this nonsense has been going on for over a month now, allow me to offer my unsolicited advice. 

I'll preface this first by saying this is not meant to be an attack on any one person in particular, but it does contain my own opinionated conjecture. 

If you were to go over to the state/national topic and in particular the threads for Hillary Clinton and POTUS Donald Trump, you'll notice that certain people like to link their comments to certain strong politically-leaning websites and blogs to try and make their points.These sites are not your standard sources for information and tend to come from the far outer fringes of the internet ether world. Unfortunately, along with the hatefully biased misinformation and bile these sites promote, they also tend to carry around hatefully nasty little viruses and malware. It seems to me your servers have probably been infected with just this sort of virus. A couple of the posts look exactly like the same kind of spambot B.S. a family member of mine would get in her email on the reg and has had similar corruption problems with her computer as a result. The solution would then be to delete the offensive links (I would reco deleting both threads entirely as a necessary 'spiritual' cleanse anyway) and then resetting your servers and passwords. It should clear things up. Again, just IMO. 

#44 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 14 December 2016 - 07:53 AM

Okay, so this nonsense has been going on for over a month now, allow me to offer my unsolicited advice.

I'll preface this first by saying this is not meant to be an attack on any one person in particular, but it does contain my own opinionated conjecture.

If you were to go over to the state/national topic and in particular the threads for Hillary Clinton and POTUS Donald Trump, you'll notice that certain people like to link their comments to certain strong politically-leaning websites and blogs to try and make their points.These sites are not your standard sources for information and tend to come from the far outer fringes of the internet ether world. Unfortunately, along with the hatefully biased misinformation and bile these sites promote, they also tend to carry around hatefully nasty little viruses and malware. It seems to me your servers have probably been infected with just this sort of virus. A couple of the posts look exactly like the same kind of spambot B.S. a family member of mine would get in her email on the reg and has had similar corruption problems with her computer as a result. The solution would then be to delete the offensive links (I would reco deleting both threads entirely as a necessary 'spiritual' cleanse anyway) and then resetting your servers and passwords. It should clear things up. Again, just IMO.

I appreciate the thought... However this is not the issue. I wish it were that easy to fix.

Thanks

#45 jojoblow

jojoblow

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 December 2016 - 10:56 AM

Never seen this problem. Your website  is always fine for me.

#46 Col-Arthur

Col-Arthur

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 09:38 AM

Thank you.

It's like a reoccurring nightmare...

Not sure how your frustrating challenge is going, but I hope you get the issue resolved soon.

Shortly after Nov. 8, someone posted a query as to the whereabouts and well-being of some progressives :frantics: who went MIA after that date. A regular here responded that those folks were OK and posting at another local blog site.

That piqued my curiosity. I searched and found that site much to my dismay. 

I was surprised at the animus and vitriol expressed toward you, this site, and its members by the author of that sophomoric blog site.

Just sayin' :rolleyes:

#47 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 11:19 AM

Not sure how your frustrating challenge is going, but I hope you get the issue resolved soon.
Shortly after Nov. 8, someone posted a query as to the whereabouts and well-being of some progressives :frantics: who went MIA after that date. A regular here responded that those folks were OK and posting at another local blog site.
I was surprised at the animus and vitriol expressed toward you, this site, and its members by the author of that sophomoric blog site.

If that be the case sounds as if someone is extremely mentally disturbed...sad. Hope they have a large supply of diapers and safety pins.

#48 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,132 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:09 PM

Shortly after Nov. 8, someone posted a query as to the whereabouts and well-being of some progressives :frantics: who went MIA after that date. A regular here responded that those folks were OK and posting at another local blog site.

That guy and Q love each other. They just won't admit it and act macho instead.

#49 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 18 December 2016 - 12:23 PM

Life's too short dude... ignore the haters...

#50 Mr. Gray

Mr. Gray

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 11:44 AM

Any update on getting this resolved ?  

#51 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 30 December 2016 - 10:50 PM

I cannot get on unless I coattail onto a comment in an email message.

#52 Mr. Gray

Mr. Gray

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 31 December 2016 - 10:44 AM

I cannot get on unless I coattail onto a comment in an email message.

I could't post anything for a couple days, said I was "locked out" but could log in fine after skipping through the red warning page ??  All good now except still getting the warning page.

Edited by Mr. Gray, 31 December 2016 - 10:45 AM.

#53 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 12:29 PM

Appears this chat has died a slow death. Between the impossiblity of being able to get to it unless coattailing onto an email message...the only way I can...and many people pouting over the election of our new POTUS Mr. Trump, there doesn't seem to be anything else happening in the ENTIRE world that people wish to discuss.
Sad.....it used to be an interesting place to visit.

Edited by jiyabird, 09 January 2017 - 12:30 PM.

#54 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:31 PM

Appears this chat has died a slow death. Between the impossiblity of being able to get to it unless coattailing onto an email message...the only way I can...and many people pouting over the election of our new POTUS Mr. Trump, there doesn't seem to be anything else happening in the ENTIRE world that people wish to discuss.

Probably a bit premature to declare death... however I share your frustration.

If you'd like to discuss some other topics than what you see posted, feel free to post something different!

We do have a new POTUS soon... a pretty controversial guy to boot. I'll bet he continues to dominate discussion for a while...
  • GrumpyGranny likes this

#55 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:04 PM

dupe....... nev'r mind......... :tongue:

Edited by Bikerdude, 12 January 2017 - 07:06 PM.

#56 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:06 PM

Probably a bit premature to declare death... however I share your frustration.

If you'd like to discuss some other topics than what you see posted, feel free to post something different!

We do have a new POTUS soon... a pretty controversial guy to boot. I'll bet he continues to dominate discussion for a while...

:shifty: .......

I can......thro' some CHICs on, LOL!........ :laugh:  

#57 Col-Arthur

Col-Arthur

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 10:26 AM

:shifty: .......

I can......thro' some CHICs on, LOL!........ :laugh:  

6zQU8YP.jpg

#58 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:27 AM

So....

For me, it seems that the warning is gone?

Anyone else still seeing it?

#59 Mr. Gray

Mr. Gray

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 10:31 AM

So....

For me, it seems that the warning is gone?

Anyone else still seeing it?

Yes and at times some kind of security page where you have to type in two matching words ?

#60 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,175 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 11:18 AM

Yes, I am still getting the warning page...twice...before I finally get in, but I haven't had to type in any words. Aggravating!

Woo, did you do anything that may have resulted in the warning going away?

• thirsty likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users