63 replies to this topic

#61 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 08:24 PM

I'll admit I've not read every post of this thread... because... I just really didn't want to. So I apologize if someone has already stressed this point.
I see this as a property owner issue... if I own a NFL team, I will make the decision of how all of my employees conduct themselves. Anyone that does not follow my instructions, will be made available to the competition. Pretty easy stuff... Freedom of speech does not apply here...

So true....football is entertainment for interested patrons.
These players are HIRED to entertain.
Part of the entertainment production is the the opening ceremony.
He is being paid millions to participate in this ceremony as well as play football
He needs to make his 'statement' on his own time....not to a captive, paying, audience who, for the most part, are greatly insulted and offended.
The same audience that guarantees his inflated salary continues to fill his pockets.

#62 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,132 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 08:36 PM

So true....football is entertainment for interested patrons.
These players are HIRED to entertain.
Part of the entertainment production is the the opening ceremony.
He is being paid millions to participate in this ceremony as well as play football
He needs to make his 'statement' on his own time....not to a captive, paying, audience who, for the most part, are greatly insulted and offended.
The same audience that guarantees his inflated salary continues to fill his pockets.

Then they should simply stop filling his pockets. Easy peasy.
  • Quasar likes this

#63 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:13 PM

Then they should simply stop filling his pockets. Easy peasy.

Believe that is what is happening now.
TV viewing is rapidly declining and apparently attendance to his 'stage'is beginning to show by declining ticket sales.
As far as the owner...or part owner...he has Alzheimers which is pretty advanced...I imagine this would have been nipped in the bud had he seen the deplorable act and would have been of sound mind.
America may be going down the tubes but the loyal heart of her patriotic children continues to beat strong and steady.

Edited by jiyabird, 21 September 2016 - 09:21 PM.

#64 Col-Arthur

Col-Arthur

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 19 December 2016 - 09:18 AM

A man should be recognized for his accomplishments.

oDfszv.jpg

• Goldwater Girl likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users