No replies to this topic

#1 MoeMomma

MoeMomma

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 02:43 PM

I apologize if this is in the wrong forum.  There are plenty of Jeffersonville residents that were with Riverside Water and now are with Sellersburg.   Mods please feel free to move if you must.

Today, I had to contact all utilities for my Dad's two properties, into my name, due to his death and the properties being deeded to me.  I spoke with Duke, Vectren, Indiana American and Sellersburg Water.   It was a smooth transition, UNTIL I talked to Sellersburg.  Not only can I not just have it "switched over" into my name, by phone, I will have to go to their office, fill out paperwork AND pay a $55 transfer fee.    Are you kidding me???   

I remember how angry my Dad was, when Sellersburg Water took over Riverside Water.   At that time, they tried to charge a fee to all the existing customers.   That idea didn't go over very well, and Sellersburg Water backtracked on the fee.

Guess what???   I will not switch the names on the bill that I have been paying since March.   It can stay in my Dad's name until the day I die.  What a crock!!

$55 for shuffling a few papers, or a few keystrokes on the computer.  Not happy and just thought I would share.

This is the second time I have had to speak with Sellersburg water over the phone.   I am sorry, but both times, I get the feeling I am bothering them.  Not very good customer service at all!

Edited by MoeMomma, 26 January 2016 - 02:45 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users