4 replies to this topic

#1 i like squirrels

i like squirrels

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 796 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:23 PM

Anyone else wondering about this ?  There seems to be a recurrent problem of certain streets around town where I keep noticing the pavement keeps sinking, and the streets dept. just keep patching. Sink..patch..sink..patch.

What is going on?

There is one spot in particular where it just seems ridiculous that it just keeps happening. The road just before the dogleg in front of the Circle K on Plank Rd. This thing has sunk and been patched ( with heavy steel plate at the moment) at least 3 times in the past 2 years.

Is there a sinkhole under there or something?? Broken watermain causing a washout? Seems that whatever gets done to it, it just keeps coming back like a bad penny.

• kelley likes this

#2 averageguy

averageguy

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 05:45 PM

that would be because our politicians put more money in their pockets than in the city.

#3 Kevin Vissing

Kevin Vissing

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:47 PM

Generally it's a defective sewer pipe. The soil is swallowed by the hole in a sewer pipe. I've noticed many of these lately. Several have been repaired lately.
  • Savile Row likes this

#4 nickviss

nickviss

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 06:45 AM

One of the worst spots of any road in town is Market between Mulberry and Pearl, right by our new park. You would think they would have fixed that after completing the ramp construction.
  • Jules likes this

#5 Woodslover

Woodslover

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 09:48 AM

Could be a number of issues.  Paved over land that was filled, failing pipes under the road, or even the Karst Topography of our region!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users