Photo

Would Charlestown's Mayor Election have turned out different?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 11:25 AM

I live in Charlestown and I am not a Bob Hall supporter. For the last two days our water has looked like motor oil. I know from the election results that Bob Hall was re-elected because of an overwhelming majority,from the voters in the 6th district. I believe these voters were influenced to vote for Mr.Hall in part because of the current political climate and in part because they like the Christmas lights, but I have to wonder, if these people where not on Watson Water and had to use Charlestown's  water to bath,wash clothes,and drink would their vote have remained the same?

• kelley and Cheryl L Ross like this

#2 masey

masey

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 01:35 PM

People don't think of the water if they don't have a problem. We are getting more dirty water than we use to and I am pretty darn sick of having to schedule when to wash and take a bath. Don't put anything like that off because you never know if the water will be clean. Call the water department every time you have dirty water......not the mayors office but water department. I have found that the mayors office does t always tell the water people.
  • kelley likes this

#3 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 03:13 PM

Charlestown is having a extra city council meeting next Monday, the Mayor, in my opinion has something on his agenda other than the water problems, I believe he is going to utilize his new  City Council to try to ramrod some sort of resolution that would officially Blight Pleasant Ridge and give him the means to take the people of Pleasant Ridge's property thru Eminent Domain. If you or anyone who has concerns about the rights of citizens to own property and to decide for themselves the outcome of said property, it may be in your benefit to attend this extra meeting and voice your concerns. Dr.Martin Luther King was all about Freedom, it would be a sad irony if Bob Hall has a City Council meeting that would take away a person's rights on a day which is a national holiday to honor a great man like Dr. King!

• kelley likes this

#4 PBM

PBM

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 02:54 AM

On average I get this once or twice a month. think I'll look into having it tested. it couldn't cost that much. And there should be some law to stop this. I mean is this a 3rd world countrie or what?

IMG_17091.jpg

Edited by PBM, 16 January 2016 - 02:57 AM.

#5 masey

masey

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 09:35 AM

When ours is dirty it is black and leaves gritty deposits behind. Nasty stuff

#6 Fact Checker

Fact Checker

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 03:55 PM

No

#7 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 04:47 PM

With our current mayor and his lack of concern with our water situation, I can't imagine Panera Bread or Ruby Tuesday's even considering Charlestown as a possible location. First things first new City Council members,please show the public that you have your priorities in line and make sure you give Mayor Hall a message, that his foremost concern should be our water and not taking peoples homes!

• kelley likes this

#8 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 11:38 AM

Look at Flint Michigan right now.

• kelley and JeffResident like this

#9 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 17 January 2016 - 12:48 PM

I have heard that Charlestown is up for adoption as a sister-city to Flint Michigan. The sad part is, this may not be a joke ! Maybe this will be one of Bob Hall's new resolutions at the up-coming City Council Meeting Monday night? All joking aside Bob Hall will not address any issue other than the razing of Pleasant Ridge. I am sure that he will have some type of resolution in place to assure Ben Ledbetter ( New 1st District Council Person ) that his plans to raze do not include Glendale, this will keep Mr. Ledbetter firmly on his side. Bob Hall is smart enough to take small steps in his master plan to rid Charlestown of anyone and anything that does not fit in his master plan

#10 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:22 AM

City Hall is closed in observance of MLK day.

Yet there will be a council meeting??

I find this to be poor judgement.  My opinion.

• kelley, CityBoy, Cheryl L Ross and 1 other like this

#11 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 04:26 PM

Sleepy, i agree with you, i am sure the Mayor feels he can get some of his resolutions passed without having too much bad press. i hope the area reporters fool him and show up despite the cold and a National Holiday. Bob Hall has to prove to Charlestown that he has complete control of the new City Council.                      The new Council could not have had an opportunity to look over all of the resolutions that the Mayor will try to pass. if the new council passes these resolutions tonight, then any sane person could logically deduct that the Mayor has meet illegally with only the new council members he feels he can control, to inform them on how he expects them to vote on these resolutions. 

Edited by Old Pawpaw, 18 January 2016 - 04:42 PM.

#12 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 08:31 PM

Two news crews were there along with a whole lot of opposition to the resolution.
  • kelley likes this

#13 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 09:47 PM

I went to the City Council meeting and all the logical objections were for naught, the only thing that was accomplished by the new kiss-Bob's- butt City Council was Eric Vaughn,Ben Ledbetter,Brian Hester,and Ted Little gave Mayor Hall a rubber stamp for the next four years and punched their tickets to ride on Bob Hall' prejudiced ,non caring,discriminating,hate filled, judgmental Choo-Choo Train ! If Ted Little was any further up the Mayor's rear I'm sure Bob would have to open his mouth for Ted to breath! The only thing the Republicans could do worse,would be to elect Donald Trump !  I don't believe he will win the Presidential race ,but it would be a safe bet, that he will win in Charlestown..

#14 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,120 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 09:47 AM

I'm glad to read you attended, Old Pawpaw. I've also heard Chatter members Russell Brooksbank and Rosie the Riveter made solid remarks to the council.

Pleasant Ridge needs as many good people standing with them as possible.
  • GrumpyGranny, Ruth Ann Rawlings, Cheryl L Ross and 2 others like this

#15 masey

masey

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 11:55 AM

Has anyone seen a copy of the resolution and if so what is in it? Was it read out loud?
I saw on TV the mayor said drugs are beyond what they can control in that area. He needs to get a grip, there may be more in Pleasant Ridge area but they are all over town. My area doesn't usually have crime but has in the last month. Drugs don't have dibs on people with modest means....can be anyone
I have heard people say that the ones that have nice homes in Pleasant Ridge shouldn't have put so much money in them. Why wouldn't they? It is home. Some of rental units are in bad shape but what is going to happen to the people? Rents around town are high if you can find one.
I was surprised the council did this so soon but guess that was the plan hoping people wouldn't find out. I didn't know until I read it here. Bad business council people.
  • GrumpyGranny and CityBoy like this

#16 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:09 PM

In the comment part of the meeting,a gentleman by the the name of Jason Patron (please excuse my spelling) gave an accurate and compelling speech that should have given the new City Council some insight into the real Bob Hall. Someone should get the recording of his speech and transfer it to print so that all the citizens of Charlestown would have an opportunity to see the content and evaluate it and judge for themselves the validity of his statements. In my opinion Mr. Patron's speech was a perfect summation of Charlestown's Mayor Bob Hall. I don't believe it will change the minds of Mayor Hall's blind followers, but it could open the eyes of some citizens who may have otherwise stayed uninformed and blinded by the Christmas lights.  I do not believe that Bob Hall will ever allow Mr. Patron's comments to be released to the voting public, he will probable see to it that there is some type of audio mishap during Mr. Patron's public comment.  Stay Strong Pleasant Ridge and continue to fight Bully Bob !

#17 Ruth Ann Rawlings

Ruth Ann Rawlings

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 12:56 PM

http://www.wdrb.com/...eing-forced-out

masey, the resolution is posted on WDRB's website in the article about the meeting. 

• GrumpyGranny, kelley, masey and 1 other like this

#18 Dougie

Dougie

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 01:41 PM

Looks like the inspection provision will be great for the area! It should help mitigate the problems of dilipadated rental properties in the projects.

Not sure why councilwomen Barnes would vote against this??

#19 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:05 PM

Does the city, neighbors every call the Clark County Health department??

Can they not help hold landlords accountable to keep properties up?

#20 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:11 PM

Looks like the inspection provision will be great for the area! It should help mitigate the problems of dilipadated rental properties in the projects.

Not sure why councilwomen Barnes would vote against this??

As pointed out by Councilwoman Barnes:  A Federal district court ruled that the city of Portsmouth, Ohio's rental property ordinance violated the landlords’ Fourth Amendment rights because it provided for inspectors to go into a person’s house without a warrant.  The city attorney acknowledged that he was unaware of this ruling. I'm glad that Tina did her homework; too bad the city attorney didn't.  It blows my mind that Councilmen Vaughn, Little, Ledbetter and Barnes voted to adopt, in spite of just being informed that the Ordinance would not survive a legal challenge.  Here's the court's ruling, if you care to read it:

http://www.ohioconst...rder-on-MSJ.pdf

• Old Pawpaw likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users