1 reply to this topic

#1 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,119 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 02:17 PM

Todd and I are going to a fundraiser Saturday for the family of the little girl assaulted and killed in Scottsville, Ky. We are obligated IMO as a pay it forward thing. If anyone wants to send something with us, please get in touch by Saturday morning.

http://www.wdrb.com/...ear-olds-family
  • GrumpyGranny and Donna like this

#2 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,119 posts

Posted 13 January 2016 - 10:46 AM

We did go to this. Due to the generosity of our neighbors, we were able to take a nice donation down. More than half came from other downtown Jeff denizens, and more than half of that was raised by super-bundler Teresa Perkins. There was a lot of overlap with Chatter membership too.

We didn't stay long, long enough to eat chili and give the card, a Sympathy from All of Us one with two Love Wins decals and Jeffersonville's gifts inside, to Gabbi's mom. It was hard, but not unbearable. Took us back in time some. The fog was back for a few days, hasn't totally lifted.

I heard on the radio while driving home Monday morning that a total of around $50,000 was raised. Good. I don't know Todd and I could've worked that first year if we had to, and I remember math generally just being beyond me. Didn't want much of anything, but wouldn't have been able to figure out if I could afford if I did.

She has reached out to me since, and I expect we'll talk soon.

So grateful for my community especially, but also for all supportive ones that step up at these times. It's not doable alone.

Edited by kelley, 13 January 2016 - 10:48 AM.

• GrumpyGranny and Quasar like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users