6 replies to this topic

#1 Harley77

Harley77

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 10:52 AM

Does anyone know of a local ceramics place like back in the 70's and 80's, where you can pick out, clean, paint and kiln fire the objects.  It used to be a real social gathering of talking and just having fun.  I have the itch to do one of those big Christmas Trees  and have been out of the loop for quite a while.

#2 iRescue

iRescue

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:37 PM

I can get you info...

Edited by iRescue, 07 January 2016 - 05:51 PM.

#3 iRescue

iRescue

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 05:50 PM

Silica Ceramics..Spring St., Jeff  812-913-4327 also my friend Jim Bulliet in Floyds Knobs does the trees every Christmas and has a studio where you can make your own. Let me know if you want more info. I love my ceramic trees...they have made a come back!!

• kelley likes this

#4 Harley77

Harley77

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 09:18 PM

I would love to have info on the Jim Bulliet studio.  Myself and a friend would really like to get back into it.  

#5 iRescue

iRescue

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 10:51 AM

Of course. Jim was a former DJ in this area on WAKY...you might remember him as Danger Boy (the Halloween Danger Run was created by him) Jim has gone through this past year battling health issues and continues using this as a form of therapy. Hey, I might join you guys...I've told him often that I would. Let me get his info back to you.

• littletommy likes this

#6 iRescue

iRescue

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 11:38 AM

That should have been WHAS, WLRS and other local stations. Jim Bulleit  on Facebook (502) 292-7573...please tell him I sent you! PS> I just left him a phone message to tell him you might be calling. (He made me a Christmas tree last year for a little 5 yr old in Kosiar....it turned out to be a wonderful gift since this fella wouldn't be going home and he couldn't have any other type of artificial tree in his room.) Jim's a great guy!!

• littletommy likes this

#7 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 08 January 2016 - 03:58 PM

when I saw the name, I wondered if it was danger boy! I believe he started out on WQMF years ago. Anyway, hopefully he's over his health issues, always enjoyed his radio work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users