3 replies to this topic

#1 LancelotGoforth

LancelotGoforth

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 09:47 PM

As we all know, in 1919 the Weimer Republic was set up in Germany to bring about democracy in the post-World War I country. Hurt with reparations, inflation, and led by folks in key political, military and intellectual positions who were "right-leaning," the country only kept the Republic for 14 years before the fascists overthrew it and the Third Reich began. During the days of the WR, Social Democrats, communists, Nazis, and a variety of other parties all competed for parliament seats. The communists and Nazis fought in the street, both looking to destroy each other and the Republic, but after '33 the Nazis had claimed victory and completely taken over.

The sad fact is, the Jeffersonville City Council has a similar look in 2016. Just yesterday, I looked out my window and saw a prominent communist fighting on Utika Pike with a prominent fascist. Both parties hate the Council itself and want to take each other down. I have a bad feeling, though, that the right may win (not that the communists are any better). The Jeffersonville Army still raises the old imperial flag of the Jeffersonville Empire from the late 1990s. Key high school teachers and neighborhood chairmen support the fascists. I know of a few communist gas station owners and restaurant waiters, but for the most part it looks like the city is leaning right.

It's a scary situation, the rhetoric of blaming the New Albany-Jeffersonvillians that we see from the fascists. They claim that WHAS (local media), the bank on Allison Lane, and the Jeffersonville Communist Party are all run by Jeffersonville transplants from New Albany. They've begun the scapegoating. This is not good. Beyond that, the fascists talk of wanting the Jeffersonville Army to invade Sellersburg and Clarksville, annexing them for living space. I don't like it one bit.

The communists are a different story. They want revolution too, a revolution of the proletariat. They speak of JeffBoat workers, Meijer check-out people, Arby's cashiers, and the rest unifying to move the wealth away from the millionaires in the city.

None of this sits well with me. I don't want to see our council become a thing of the past. We need democracy to remain - not fascism, not communism. We could end up in a complete Indiana War if things get worse. We as Jeffersonvillians must make sure that the radicals don't destroy each other or our system.

DEMOCRACY IN JEFFERSONVILLE 2016!

Edited by LancelotGoforth, 05 January 2016 - 09:58 PM.

• Pesty Version 2 likes this

#2 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 06:48 AM

Interesting thoughts....

How can we subscribe to your newsletter?

#3 HadAboutEnough

HadAboutEnough

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 07:25 AM

Secede NOW!

Somehow that reminds me of a Seinfeld episode....

#4 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 06 January 2016 - 08:09 AM

LancelotGoforth, that is heavy, bro!

Can you share with the CCC what is specifically bothering you?

Dude, may we have a copy of your entire manifesto?

Edited by Savile Row, 06 January 2016 - 08:12 AM.

• Dougie likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users