2 replies to this topic

#1 MarkM

MarkM

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 10:52 AM

The official re-opening of the interpretive center at the Falls of the Ohio State Park will be next Friday - January 8th - 11am until 2pm.  Admission will be free.

If you haven't been following it in the news, the entire exhibit area has been completely gutted and rebuilt with totally new exhibits.  The auditorium was also torn up and redone for better handicapped access.  Even the office space was torn out and rebuilt.  Its looking really good.

If you want to visit in the future, DNR has raised the admission fees.  Adult admission is now $9.

The park could really use additional volunteers.  If you have the time and interest, please consider it!  The park offers free classes that will teach you everything you need to know about the park and about interacting with visitors.  There are many opportunities, but the greatest need is for assistance with school groups on field trips.  Classes will be offered Wednesdays and Saturdays at 2:00 pm.  The first class - new volunteer orientation - will be January 13th and 16th.  Follow this link for a schedule of all of the 2016 classes.  Most of the classes are open to the public.  If you are a volunteer, there is no admission fee.

http://www.fallsofth...g_schedule.html

- Mark

• GrumpyGranny and iRescue like this

#2 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:31 PM

I'm gonna be switching jobs in a few months, so my schedule should be more flexible, I would love to volunteer there. Making a mental note.
  • GrumpyGranny and kelley like this

#3 MarkM

MarkM

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:59 PM

I hope you can!  Even if you can't start volunteering right away, there are 2-3 classes you'll need to take.  Most of the the classes aren't required, but many do help us with enabling our visitors to have a better experience.  But the orientation session - where you find out about the program and fill out paperwork, as well as the introduction to interpretation, are required before you can start volunteering.

Call the center and talk to Alan, Jeremy, or Brad if you have any questions.

- Mark

• GrumpyGranny, kelley, iRescue and 1 other like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users