3 replies to this topic

#1 Col-Arthur

Col-Arthur

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 07:04 PM

Even though we closed on our property in late November and made the physical move to our new home over the Thanksgiving weekend, I didn't consider myself and official resident until I got my cars transferred, my voter registration and my drivers license.

As of 12-30-15, those tasks are now complete and I guess I'm a Hoosier. Heck, I feel smarter already! 

• GrumpyGranny, kelley, Oldgoat and 2 others like this

#2 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 12:37 AM

Welcome!

#3 iRescue

iRescue

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:12 PM

Welcome to the Sunnyside :super-happy-dance-smiley-emotic 

• kelley likes this

#4 kentuckiana

kentuckiana

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 07:18 PM

Hoosier: def:

1) A mildly derogatory term, applied to unsophisticated, uneducated, illiterate or backward folk, without the "sense" to move to larger, more metropolitan areas.

2) A common greeting in rural areas. When a cabin door received a knock, the residents would holler out, "Whose there?" which was later shortened to "Hoosier?"

3) And, with apologies to Riley and Twain, "there was a small tavern near Indianapolis, on Fall Creek. One night a fight broke out, and one of the participants pulled a knife, slicing off the ear of another combatant. As a new, unsuspecting patron entered the tavern, he saw the ear on the floor, and innocently asked, Whose ear?" Which of course, became "Hoosier." 

Welcome, and please explore the Sunnyside of Louisville and our wonderful state!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users