103 replies to this topic

#21 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:48 PM

I've never had to cowl down to anybody. I can't imagine why anybody would ever have to.

#22 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,128 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 04:09 PM

I've never had to cowl down to anybody. I can't imagine why anybody would ever have to.

Does this mean you know what "cowl down" the verb means? I don't. Trying to picture it, but struggling.

Edited by kelley, 30 December 2015 - 04:09 PM.

#23 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 04:22 PM

Does this mean you know what "cowl down" the verb means? I don't. Trying to picture it, but struggling.

Well...no. But I once had a Z28 with cowl induction. Maybe it has something to do with spanking Mustangs.

#24 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 04:24 PM

It is time to quit being Politically Correct and put some discipline back in society. 
It is a downfall that has been caused by not teaching respect and manners.
I understand that we need to hold our law enforcement accountable, but we also need to let them do their job.
They are afraid to do anything anymore because of the threatened retaliation.  
It is sad that those that act up are the ones that have their rights protected.  The rest of us have to cowl down to their actions.

Is the word perhaps ' kowtow' instead of 'cowl down'? No disrespect intended.

#25 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 05:11 PM

Who has to cowl down to what actions?
What does political correctness have to do with this particular situation?
Which rights of the rest of us were not protected?

I know what the Bopper is saying and even though I will get slapped down for it I will expound on his statement....
Kowtow...it seems as if the media refuses to cover the facts and figures of what is really happening. If you really dig into buried information you will find out about hundreds of incidents of violence being perpetrated against the white race by blacks but not greatly publicized. If it is the reverse it is covered repeatedly by all possible means....shouted from the rooftops if you may.
Liberals shout racism if anything suggesting something negative regarding blacks. For instance, the wilding incident. There was a woman who picked some of the perpetrators out of a lineup, the same ones who won a lawsuit against the city for so called "wrongful identification". Well, they have won a legal case but she is pursuing a Civil case to take that undeserved money away from them.
The more they are protected by the media, the legal system and Obama the more incentive they have, the bolder they get to excelerate the actions like they pulled at St. Matthews.
The news tonight said there have been increasing problems in that very area since October, each worse than the last culminating in the incident Saturday.
Anyone heard about them til now?
Which rights of our's are not protected? You best not be walking alone at midnight, unarmed, in the Westend, if you think you have rights.
Do you think the whites in Ferguson felt they had rights?
What about any other innocent people in areas where these thugs go on the rampage...think they feel comfortable with their rights?
I do not feel comfortable in the fact no arrests were made Saturday night. If there were more kids, if shooting had started, WHAT horrible nightmare would have resulted. What rights would the innocent shoppers had then?
We, anyone not of the black, African American Race, are kowtowing to them. Do you see 'Reverends' stepping up to defend any whites? Do you see Obama stepping up to defend or praise a white person? Whice race is it allowed to riot? Which race is it allowed to march all over the country with signs "Black Lives Matter". Which race is allowed to have BET, Black Achievement Awards, Black colleges, Black History Month, Black this, Black that, Black Miss America, NAACP! Now place the word White in front of ANY of those and see how THAT goes over!
A public figure says the wrong word, even decades ago, and their life's work, their career, their reputation is destroyed...they become pariahs.
Liberals think they are doing the right thing by forcing their views, their beliefs on the "uneducated", "uninformed", "old way of thinking" citizens when in fact all they are doing is creating more problems and more hatred.
Now you can come with me with guns blazing but I am tired of innuendos and beating around the bush. The audio from that night refrained from mentioing 'blacks' but the video clearing shows the majority, I would say over 90% or more, were black and one of the stations actually referred to the rioters as 'black' so it is time to be grown up about this.
Nothing racist about this post, just facts.
If you can prove me wrong, PROVE ME WRONG, go for it!

#26 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 05:16 PM

Well...no. But I once had a Z28 with cowl induction. Maybe it has something to do with spanking Mustangs.

HAha.......hahahahahahahahahaha...... :laugh:

in yer dreams, dude.....ya jus' did'n run up on the rite thin-wall Henry......... :tongue:

351C.....closed-chamber heads....bored......tunnelram...rollercam(.666 lift/260/270 duration).5:13's...all'at stuff......if ya could'n do it in 6 flat in street-form.....ya better leave it home...... :tongue:

Edited by Bikerdude, 30 December 2015 - 05:17 PM.

#27 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 05:37 PM

Do you see Obama stepping up to defend or praise a white person?

Bob-Dylan-presidential-medal-of-freedom.

2014-11-24T211248Z_1206728064_TB3EABO1NA

President-Obama-Loretta-Lynn.jpg

#28 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 05:39 PM

ya jus' did'n run up on the rite thin-wall Henry.........

Apparently not.

#29 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 07:33 PM

Bob-Dylan-presidential-medal-of-freedom.

2014-11-24T211248Z_1206728064_TB3EABO1NA

President-Obama-Loretta-Lynn.jpg

Interesting, that of all the statements I made, this was the only thing you found fault with.
I also find it to be a weak argument against the point I was trying to make.

Edited by jiyabird, 30 December 2015 - 07:34 PM.

#30 iRescue

iRescue

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 08:09 PM

It is time to quit being Politically Correct and put some discipline back in society. 

It is a downfall that has been caused by not teaching respect and manners.

I understand that we need to hold our law enforcement accountable, but we also need to let them do their job.

They are afraid to do anything anymore because of the threatened retaliation.  

It is sad that those that act up are the ones that have their rights protected.  The rest of us have to cowl down to their actions.

I couldn't agree more! I shudder to think what my father would have done to me if he got called telling him that I was involved in something like this disrespectful NONSENSE. Each of these 'children' (not!) should be raised by a father in US Army Special Forces like I was. We polished his brass, ironed his fatigues and had dinner on the table...not ran the streets causing trouble. That stupid Mayor needs to resign because he's adding to the real problem..a society that has no discipline. Adults and children alike! 

• jiyabird likes this

#31 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 10:57 PM

Interesting, that of all the statements I made, this was the only thing you found fault with.

Oh it wasn't. But it was the only thing I could refute in two minutes or less. I have a football game to watch. But thanks for reposting it.
EDIT to add:
Louisville 27
Texas A&M 21
FINAL!

Edited by Persona Non Grata, 30 December 2015 - 11:15 PM.

• Donna likes this

#32 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 11:29 PM

Each of these 'children' (not!) should be raised by a father in US Army Special Forces like I was.

Yes they should. But unfortunately they won't be. In fact, I'll wager most of them won't have any father in their lives at all.
  • iRescue likes this

#33 TLIES

TLIES

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 06:31 AM

Yes they should. But unfortunately they won't be. In fact, I'll wager most of them won't have any father in their lives at all. 

IMO

But not an excuse, I was raised without a father,so were my brother, sister and my son. We were taught right from wrong. With the proper punishment, we didn't need to be reminded.

We are all productive members of society.  Single Parent families have nothing to do with it.

People who are having kids , are not raising them. You will only get out of them what you put in.

• GrumpyGranny, Beading Lady and iRescue like this

#34 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 09:43 AM

IMO

But not an excuse, I was raised without a father,so were my brother, sister and my son. We were taught right from wrong. With the proper punishment, we didn't need to be reminded.

We are all productive members of society.  Single Parent families have nothing to do with it.

People who are having kids , are not raising them. You will only get out of them what you put in.

I'm not saying that being raised in a single parent excuses the behavior of those who acted up at the mall. I'm just saying it's a statistical probability. I believe that supports iRescue's point that having a strong father figure with clear expectations is advantageous.

I also wouldn't write off everyone who was involved in the melee. Many, if not most, of them, will go on to be "productive members of society" despite their involvement in a raucous incident at the mall.

#35 TLIES

TLIES

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:06 AM

I believe that supports iRescue's point that having a strong father figure with clear expectations is advantageous.

I dispute the " father figure" part of it.   

I believe having a strong " Parent " figure with clear expectations is advantageous.

Male or Female, is irrelevant.

#36 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:12 AM

I dispute the " father figure" part of it.   

You dispute that it's advantageous? There's no advantage to having a good role model of each gender?

Edited by Persona Non Grata, 31 December 2015 - 10:14 AM.

#37 TLIES

TLIES

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:20 AM

There's no advantage to having a good role model of each gender?

Sorry , I don't

I think gender is irrelevant.

• kelley likes this

#38 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:26 AM

Sorry , I don't

I think gender is irrelevant.

That's not good! I've wasted 40+years of my life! I thought I was being helpful.

#39 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,128 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:26 AM

Two parents can do more - teaching, discipline, supervising, etc. - than one. There is too much research on the relative advantage of a two-parent household to dismiss. Yes, some special single parents can pull it all off as well or better than a two-person team, but most people are average with average abilities and limitations.

However, there's no evidence these kids all or even largely came from single-parent households. My parents were married until I was 10, then had a pretty typical, relatively civil divorce. There was no drugs, violence, severe poverty or any other excuse, and I acted at least as "bad" as what has actually occured here.

The things I did at or around Greentree Mall...and I wasn't alone.

#40 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,128 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:30 AM

That's not good! I've wasted 40+years of my life! I thought I was being helpful.

With the exception of the wife's not being gay (to my knowledge), how much of that has been gender dependent, and, if it is gender dependent, what are you implying about same-sex couples with children? Are they automatically at a disadvantage?

Edited by kelley, 31 December 2015 - 10:30 AM.

• TLIES likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users