Photo

Moore gives city insurance contract to Ex wife.

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Ray Lawrence Parker

Ray Lawrence Parker

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:31 AM

I use my real name and I'm going with that other Chatterer, Ray Lawrence Parker, who, I'm assuming, is using his real name.

If you know the "rest of the story" do tell. 

In the meantime, this is a forum and everyone is free to choose whether to use their own name (personally, I don't recommend it!) or a name of their choosing.  We're just tossing around info, rumor, and, a lot of times, innuendo.  Why would it be necessary to anyone to know that person's identity?

I want to set the record straight on this point. My real name is not Ray Lawrence Parker. I grew up in Clarksville (Hallmark Heights), and Ray Lawrence Park has a special place in my heart. Growing up, my buddies and I played there almost every day. I would be happy to use my actual name on the Chatter, but that doesn't seem to be the norm. 

• GrumpyGranny, Tina, Donna and 1 other like this

#22 TLIES

TLIES

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 12:09 PM

I just wish people who spout off had the courage to use their real name. But hey! its the world we live in. 

Why ?  What would happen if you did know their name ?  Would you approach them ?  Find out where they live ? I am curious...

This has been anonymous forum from the beginning. It was intended to voice ideas and opinions without retribution.

It doesn't matter if I agree or disagree with you, Or if I just want to ramble on about rumors. Or on occasion slide in a sarcastic jab.

Those are our rights as well as yours.

Edited by TLIES, 23 December 2015 - 12:09 PM.

• GrumpyGranny, Donna, Sleepy and 1 other like this

#23 Serve

Serve

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 682 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 01:42 PM

Nice of him to keep it in the family.

I believe the court system has decided they are not family anymore.  It appears this is just voluntary/supplemental insurance and his "ex-family" member works at the company that is offering it.

I do find it humorous that a Vissing is mistakenly complaining about someone else "keeping it in the family"

Kevin - I was really impressed how you handled yourself during and post the last election.  You came by my door and we had a nice brief conversation, where you were not negative about your opponent and even a little funny.  It changed what my impression of you has been.  I thought maybe you were a nice guy.

Then you pull this kind of stuff...  

• kelley, TLIES, CaptainPicard and 2 others like this

#24 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 01:46 PM

I just wish people who spout off had the courage to use their real name. But hey! its the world we live in.

It has nothing to do with courage... I don't much appreciate your left handed insult to those that choose to remain anonymous... It's perfectly acceptable here and has been from day one... 

So in the spirit of your comment... don't whine about this anymore... 

• GrumpyGranny, TLIES, Sunflower70 and 1 other like this

#25 TLIES

TLIES

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 01:46 PM

I do find it humorous that a Vissing is mistakenly complaining about someone else "keeping it in the family"

LMAO.... Good one !

#26 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:04 PM

City employees are free to keep the plan they already have with AFLAC if they so chose. The contract was not "given to his ex-wife" though she apparently works for, or is in training with, the company offering the voluntary, supplemental insurance.

Please don't muddy up the thread with facts.

• Donna likes this

#27 ChopperWoman

ChopperWoman

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 03:28 PM

Forgive me. Lol!
  • Donna likes this

#28 iRescue

iRescue

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 06:33 PM

Isn't she a teacher or school psychologist?  Does he have more than one ex-wife? 

He does...but who cares. The people have spoken..4Moore years..time to exhale and give it a rest.

Edited by iRescue, 23 December 2015 - 06:53 PM.

#29 Kevin Vissing

Kevin Vissing

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:11 PM

Serve, If I'm wrong, I will apologize. I have information that what chopper woman (who I like,) is not correct. If I'm wrong I will stand corrected. I'm just getting this out to inform. Its funny that when someone who you all don't know..... your nicer to them than someone who has courage to be in the open gets beat up.

My left handed comment was meant for those who have conflicts with the mayor Mr. Moderator. When you are hired by the Mayor, you will not find fault with the mayor.
Most comments about me.... make me realize "hands off the mayor". Galligan never got that courtesy when he was re-elected.

Edited by Kevin Vissing, 23 December 2015 - 10:15 PM.

• Jules likes this

#30 ChopperWoman

ChopperWoman

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,605 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:25 PM

What am I not correct about? That the insurance is supplemental, that it is voluntary, or that an employee can stay with AFLAC is they so chose? Did you attend one of the employee meetings about the insurance? I like you too, Kevin.

#31 Kevin Vissing

Kevin Vissing

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:35 PM

So, if you choose the supplemental, VM doesn't make any commission? As I said before, the mm I first knew, fought against the other commissioners tooth and nail against anything that would look like a conflict of interest. Why allow anything even remotely close to this?
  • Jules and Sunflower70 like this

#32 TLIES

TLIES

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 07:08 AM

Mr Vissing my comment had nothing to do with the mayor. It was directed to you insulting the anonymity of members of this forum.

FYI - whether your in politics or not, If you disrespect, push back or find fault with the person who hired you. Dont expect to be there long. Thats just common sense. Either keep you mouth shut, get over it and do as your told or get out.
We all deal with it. Not just the folks in city goverment.
  • Quasar likes this

#33 Jules

Jules

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 07:57 AM

Besides Mr. Stephens, Kevin Vissing is the only other elected official who will even attempt to post here...You may not agree with what he says but he's straightforward and not nasty or insulting with his remarks...And certainly not whiny.

Which is more than I can say about the last few posts in this thread ( excluding CW's)...People must have been mirroring when they posted.

There's nothing wrong with his remarks other than you don't like them...And while not necessary he does have the balls to post under his own name which garners a great deal of respect from me...(As does anyone else who does so here whether I agree with them or not).

Edited by Jules, 24 December 2015 - 07:59 AM.

• Kevin Vissing and Sunflower70 like this

#34 IntegrityMatters

IntegrityMatters

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 12:12 PM

First, let me say that AFLAC is not an insurance product that is "endorsed by or promoted by" any company or governmental unit.   AFLAC is sold by individual agents who are commissioned base only -- and they usually go around to workplaces and get them to let them offer it to the company's employees.   It makes it appear that a company/govt. entity endorses their product because it is offered onsite and that the employees are being offered a "benefit" that is inexpensive and can be paid for via payroll deduction.   Much easier and more lucrative for AFLAC (and others like them) to sell their goods when they can do so inside a company --- rather than have to go door-to-door. 

I detest AFLAC (no offense to anyone who may sell it!) because they, in my opinion, prey on the "little guy" who can usually least afford it but are made to think that they are getting a real bargain at a low cost to them.   Chances are though that 99% of people will never use it - they would be much better off, in my opinion, saving their money.   AFLAC (and others) push their product through workplaces because it makes it appear that it is a "good thing" and a great employee benefit.    The company/govt units that allow AFLAC to come into their workplace and sell their products aren't really doing their employees any favor -- or their HR department either.   Small weekly or bi-weekly amounts come out of the employees checks and the payroll department has to keep up with withholding these amounts and remitting them to AFLAC.   While it doesn't cost the company/govt. entities any money directly, it does create more work for their HR staff -- and it is a real pain.

Employees who need supplemental insurance would be better off to buy it directly from their own agent.   Leave the workplace out of it.   jmo! 

As far as the mayor's wife (or ex-wife), it would probably be best to have someone other than her do the selling if it is going to be offered at all.  But there would be NO "contract" involved so I am not sure why Kevin says "Mayor gives city insurance contract to ex-wife".   It is not city insurance and there is no contract.   Personally, as I said before, I don't think the city should offer it at all -- regardless who the agent might be selling it.   It is supplemental insurance paid for 100% by the employee if they choose to take it -- which I would recommend they don't!! ha

#35 Kevin Vissing

Kevin Vissing

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:10 PM

I miss spoke by saying contract. My mistake. I was misinformed. Merry Christmas!
  • IntegrityMatters, Tina and iRescue like this

#36 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 03:56 PM

Merry Christmas, Kevin!

• kelley likes this

#37 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 04:33 PM

Besides Mr. Stephenson, Kevin Vissing is the only other elected official who will even attempt to post here...

Just want to point out that Brian Lenfert, Kelly Khuri, and soon-to-be yours truly also post here.

I also believe there are plenty who lurk based on comments they make to me in person.

• GrumpyGranny, kelley and Donna like this

#38 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 04:51 PM

Just want to point out that Brian Lenfert, Kelly Khuri, and soon-to-be yours truly also post here.

I also believe there are plenty who lurk based on comments they make to me in person.

Also

Councilman #2 will drop by from time to time.

• GrumpyGranny, kelley, Tina and 1 other like this

#39 Kevin Vissing

Kevin Vissing

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 09:41 AM

The one thing I recently learned is that the Aflack can no longer be pretax, and purchased thru payroll deduction.

#40 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,463 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 10:06 AM

:popcorn:

hahahaha..... :laugh:

did'n.....Sant'y Claus bring ya'll some......trains or sumthin ta play with?..... :shrug:

le'me fix'at .......here ya go.....

5f237cb01220274e6fbcf25b40f9b00d.jpg

Edited by Bikerdude, 26 December 2015 - 10:07 AM.

• Savile Row likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users