27 replies to this topic

#21 grayarea

grayarea

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 23 December 2015 - 10:30 AM

I've been away for a short time...can someone please tell me who these 3 folks that have been given their "walking papers" are? I am always interested in seeing how a council, who has yet to take their seats, can give anyone walking papers at this point. And, if those people were given notification, how can sSeepy say that someone was told they did a good job, . But, I then see where Sleepy says these people were demoted, un, which is it?

It is true that "to the victors go the spoils" and when you're on the wrong end of that, it doesn't seem fair. It appears that some are not accepting the fact that they now have a four year wait to attempt to gain a seat or two back very well. I, personally, would like to see one person fired and told to stay away from his former department and any equipment the city owns. I will be interested to see if that happens.

It's always fun to watch the folks that developed cronyism scream that they are the victims of it. Let's move forward...

• Clarksville Voter likes this

#22 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,175 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 04:49 AM

I would like to apologize for calling Granny an Arm Chair Quarterback.

You have my sincere apology. No harm intended in my post.

Armchair quarterback - Dictionary.com
dictionary.reference.com/browse/armchair-quarterback
  •  
Dictionary.com

a person who offers advice or an opinion on something in which they have no expertise or involvement.

Sleepy, ​personally I feel that the definition of armchair quarterback fits you much better than me, especially if others are correct and you don't even live in Clarksville. If you aren't here day to day, you must be getting your "facts" secondhand from someone here, which amounts to your "facts" being nothing more than hearsay...

hear·say
ˈhirˌsā/
noun

1. information received from other people that one cannot adequately substantiate; rumor.

I have offered my opinion many, many times but I have never pretended to be educated enough on politics in general or Clarksville politics in particular to offer advice to the council, the candidates or the voters. While I don't have any expertise, I am involved since I do own property, live in, vote in Clarksville. Yes, I have an opinion on district voting...for. Yes, I have an opinion on the department heads, or two in particular that I believe have done an excellent job and yes, I would hate to see them replaced. And while I know that replacing department heads is commonplace, I do question this "loyalty" that is expected from department heads to those elected.

I think a department head's loyalty should be to the town and it's citizens, doing the best job possible for both. Yes, department heads do need to work with the council in am amiable manner for the good of the town/citizens but IMO their loyalty should be to their job, their department, the town, the citizens...

What have I done for the town myself? I have tried to educate myself on the candidates and vote responsibly. I will trust the council to do right by the town until they don't, then I'll educate myself again to the best of my ability and vote again in the next election. That's all I can do, that's all I have to offer. Oh, of course, I will offer my opinion when I feel the urge to. I am entitled to do that, on this site or anywhere else. Whether you or anyone else agrees with me is really not my concern.  

And quite frankly all your talk about people getting their walking papers doesn't amount to a hill of beans when you will not name names or attempt to offer any real facts or proof. Link to an article, get your contact here in town to back you up, do something but throw empty "facts" at us and maybe we will believe you. Not all of us pretend to be insiders or players in the game of Clarksville politics. We prefer facts we can substantiate to hints and/or rumors.

Sleepy, Happy Holidays to you and yours.

• Mr. Gray, TomD and Donna like this

#23 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 08:49 AM

If "my facts" prove true 

Then what?  Then what will you call them?

I have named all 3.

Happy New Year to you and Yours.

Edited by Sleepy, 28 December 2015 - 08:50 AM.

#24 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:56 PM

Sleepy...?

Edited by Savile Row, 03 January 2016 - 07:59 PM.

#25 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 11:12 AM

The TRUTH will set you free.

#26 Huston

Huston

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 12:01 PM

What does it matter where anyone lives? I can remember reading the Jeff forum during the canal days (yes, I've been reading for a while) and tons of people from outside the city were weighing in. I remember reading several times that it doesn't matter where any poster lives.

• Sleepy likes this

#27 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 03:07 PM

Sleepy, is Clarksville now getting the canal?

#28 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 08:57 AM

So Was Sleepy Right or wrong?

I don't believe it is hearsay when the information given out

is 100 percent factual.

New Attorney....Correct

New Fire Chief....Correct

New Building Commish.....Correct.

Political Hire Twice voted down by the people.....Correct.

I hope everyone has a Good New Year.

In 2016 lets hope we can at least agree on the Facts.  No matter who is the messenger .

• Russell Brooksbank and Huston like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users