• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 07:34 AM

People wonder why the anti establishment candidates for potus have so much support... garbage like this is a huge part of it... Ryan is already doing business differently than promised... no surprise there... They've only had two days to consider this bill... so once again there is a rush to spend unimaginable amounts of money and most of them don't have a clue about what's in this bill...

Ryan and Pelosi corral votes as $1.1T funding bill speeds to floor

The House is poised to pass a bipartisan $1.1 trillion bill to fund the government, with GOP and Democratic whip teams going into overdrive to boost their numbers before the Friday morning vote.

Senior Obama administration officials and Cabinet secretaries began reaching out to congressional Democrats, urging them to back the spending deal, a source said. 

“It will pass,” a senior GOP lawmaker close to leadership said without hesitation.

http://thehill.com/h...speeds-to-floor

#2 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 07:40 AM

WASHINGTON — Speaker Paul D. Ryan expressed annoyance on Thursday at the $1.1 trillion year-end spending bill now on the House floor. “You know I don’t like this process, right?” he told reporters. “I mean you know we inherited a process, a cake that was pretty much more than half-baked.”

The accompanying $650 million tax-cut measure is another matter. Until becoming speaker, Mr. Ryan was chairman of the tax-writing Ways and Means Committee, and he remains his party’s leader on tax policy.

By a vote of 318 to 109, the House on Thursday approved the tax-cut package, which will add more than a half-trillion dollars to the deficit, and supporters and critics alike said that the bill represented Mr. Ryan’s deeply held belief that tax cuts ultimately pay for themselves by fostering economic growth.

Mr. Reid praised Mr. Ryan for taking a practical approach, comparing him to the former Senate Republican leader, Trent Lott of Mississippi. “He was a pragmatic man; he wanted to get things done,” Mr. Reid said. “That’s how Paul Ryan approaches me. No one can question his conservative credentials, but if there were ever an example of pragmatism, it’s what we have done in the last few days.”

Some fiscal watchdog groups, however, said that Republicans and Democrats were complicit in supporting a huge legislative package that would bust through previously agreed-upon spending caps and add hundreds of billions of dollars to the deficit.

“It’s shocking to see that hundreds of billions of dollars are going to be added to the debt with such bipartisan support,” said Stephen Ellis, vice president of Taxpayers for Common Sense, a Washington-based group.

#3 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 07:42 AM

If this is the absolute best that they could come up with... I'd have rather seen another CR... idiots... 

This is like sitting down with your spouse and going over your finances and seeing that you are deep in debt and in serious financial trouble... then you decide to go out to Ruth's Chris for dinner that evening... and stop to buy a new Lexus along the way... 

#4 Hickory Huskers

Hickory Huskers

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 11:44 AM

If this is the absolute best that they could come up with... I'd have rather seen another CR... idiots... 

This is like sitting down with your spouse and going over your finances and seeing that you are deep in debt and in serious financial trouble... then you decide to go out to Ruth's Chris for dinner that evening... and stop to buy a new Lexus along the way... 

To you, a budget and a CR may not be much of a difference, but to those of us working in management in Federal Agencies, a CR really hamstrings us.  Planning staffing levels for projects and filling vacancies are far more difficult under a CR.  A bad budget is still better than a CR, and the budget is only for a year, so the bad parts of it can be fixed in a year.

#5 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 11:52 AM

To you, a budget and a CR may not be much of a difference, but to those of us working in management in Federal Agencies, a CR really hamstrings us.  Planning staffing levels for projects and filling vacancies are far more difficult under a CR.  A bad budget is still better than a CR, and the budget is only for a year, so the bad parts of it can be fixed in a year.

Oh I understand that completely... you and I are just on different sides of the issue. The only way out of this mess is to reduce spending... the majority of the ruling class elitists arent ready to admit that... yet... 

#6 Hickory Huskers

Hickory Huskers

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 12:03 PM

Oh I understand that completely... you and I are just on different sides of the issue. The only way out of this mess is to reduce spending... the majority of the ruling class elitists arent ready to admit that... yet... 

Not really on different sides of the issue.  Just because I receive my paycheck from the government doesn't mean I want to see it get more and more bloated.  I'm all for reducing spending.  I'm just saying that agencies need to have budgets instead of CRs or they become unable to operate effectively, regardless of funding level.  Again, the budget is only a year. 

#7 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 01:49 PM

Again, the budget is only a year. 

I know... we just keep kicking the can down the road. If we couldn't affect some level of change now... there is zero reason to believe that it would be addressed next year either... 

I'll find a list of the republicans that voted for this... they should all resign. Hell if they want to be a democrat, they should just switch over... no sense in calling themselves republican when they don't have a conservative bone in their body... 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users