56 replies to this topic

#41 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 04:42 PM

Hahaha, okay, we won't continue the topic you want to push. Don't start stuff you don't want, or don't have the ability to finish. No need for your insults, really, I mean, if you're gonna put stuff on the internet, you're most likely gonna get opposing views.

Have a good one!

#42 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 04:48 PM

I am leaning to the idea that the world is changing.  I know the world changes. It has often changed in a good way. But right 

now it looks like we are moving towards the idea that everyone should be armed and ready to kill at all times.  

Everybody. 

Seems to me like this could cause a lot more problems than it would solve.  Just my opinion though. 

I guess there may be a few episodes where an armed person stops a bad guy. But, I fear a lot more accidental

killings/shooting  a lot more cases of people losing their tempers and shooting etc.,

seems like a lot more police getting shot at and killed these days... and to encourage more and more weapons in the hands of people just seems like the wrong thing to do to me. all for the rare event of stopping a rogue shooter.  some people may feel safer knowing we have gobs of people running around with guns strapped on.  not me.

• Donna likes this

#43 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 04:56 PM

seems like a lot more police getting shot at and killed these days... and to encourage more and more weapons in the hands of people just seems like the wrong thing to do to me. all for the rare event of stopping a rogue shooter.  some people may feel safer knowing we have gobs of people running around with guns strapped on.  not me.

Them WOULD'n be the 1's ya got'a worry 'bout......jus' say'n..... :whistle:

• littletommy likes this

#44 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 04:57 PM

Happy Sunday!

IS !......ain'it?...... :laugh:

#45 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 05:15 PM

Carrying a firearm is not just for an instance of a "rogue shooter", but if it's a possibility, then why not be carrying? You do realize that every time you are out in public, there are numerous people carrying all around you, right? If there's a 1 in 1'000'000 chance harm may come your way, why not be prepared? Do you keep a few days worth of food in your home in case of some emergency that would make going to the grocery a hardship? Why gamble with your well being? I'm guessing maybe our local law enforcement officials, and many others across the state and nation, have a better grasp on this issue than some here.

#46 grammy

grammy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 07:31 PM

We can have strictest laws on the books that law abiding citizens will abide by. The bad guys will continue to terrorize with guns,knives and pipe bombs or whatever will cause harm and fear. Thieves, terrorist and just plain evil do not follow laws. As far as children getting hurt by guns in a home that's just negligent parents. Tragic absolutely.
  • Bikerdude likes this

#47 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 08:16 PM

As far as children getting hurt by guns in a home that's just negligent parents. Tragic absolutely.

I don't know. If a three-year-old manages to kill someone, it seems like something beyond negligent parenting.

#48 wanda

wanda

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 08:39 PM

I don't know. If a three-year-old manages to kill someone, it seems like something beyond negligent parenting.

These incidents are tragic and avoidable. Accidental negligence at the least and, probably, criminal negligence that should be prosecuted, imho. 

PNG, you have addressed the problem but you offer no solutions. What do you have in mind?

#49 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 13 December 2015 - 09:20 PM

We seem to be playing a zero sum game.   

So far the false narrative is that if you believe in guns . . . any type of weaponry and any type of ammo is acceptable, or if you believe in  gun control, no one should be able to have a gun.

A lot of folk feel like there is a middle ground for sensible legislation, and before anyone says that won't stop ALL gun violence, its a start.  Laws against murder don't stop ALL murders, but we STARTED!

I have yet to experience someone pulling a pool out of their jacket threatening my children, they're usually in place and known.  With due diligence on my part, my children shall emerge, drippy, but unscathed. 

#50 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,459 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 05:37 AM

We can have strictest laws on the books that law abiding citizens will abide by. The bad guys will continue to terrorize with guns,knives and pipe bombs or whatever will cause harm and fear. Thieves, terrorist and just plain evil do not follow laws. As far as children getting hurt by guns in a home that's just negligent parents. Tragic absolutely.

:thumbsup: ......YUP........

:goodpost:

We seem to be playing a zero sum game.   

So far the false narrative is that if you believe in guns . . . any type of weaponry and any type of ammo is acceptable, or if you believe in  gun control, no one should be able to have a gun.

A lot of folk feel like there is a middle ground for sensible legislation, and before anyone says that won't stop ALL gun violence, its a start.  Laws against murder don't stop ALL murders, but we STARTED!

I have yet to experience someone pulling a pool out of their jacket threatening my children, they're usually in place and known.  With due diligence on my part, my children shall emerge, drippy, but unscathed. 

Yer live'n in a pipedream world........ :whistle:

ever wunder how 'is dude annialated so many people?..... :shrug:

adolf-hitler_2.jpg

took they GUNS .....an' any other means ta fight back they had AWAY......NO thanks, lady...... :whistle:

Edited by Bikerdude, 14 December 2015 - 05:42 AM.

#51 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 06:03 AM

Carrying a firearm is not just for an instance of a "rogue shooter", but if it's a possibility, then why not be carrying? You do realize that every time you are out in public, there are numerous people carrying all around you, right? If there's a 1 in 1'000'000 chance harm may come your way, why not be prepared? Do you keep a few days worth of food in your home in case of some emergency that would make going to the grocery a hardship? Why gamble with your well being? I'm guessing maybe our local law enforcement officials, and many others across the state and nation, have a better grasp on this issue than some here.

I don't feel the need to be carrying my gun around with me, besides I'd look pretty stupid walking into the grocery with a shotgun. And who knows... some good guy with a gun just might shoot me, thinking I was there to do someone harm.  Stupid.

#52 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:15 AM

Just a reminder, everyone is entitled to their own opinion about post content, but it is against this site's terms of use to engage in posting derogatory comments, personal attacks, harassment, threats or air personal grievances about any other site members.

• Quasar and snowman like this

#53 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 07:33 AM

I am not anti-gun. You want weapons? Go for it. 

But...IMO if you live in a home with children, or have children frequently visiting, it is your responsibility to keep those weapons out of children's hands. If you do not, and a child gets the weapon and shoots someone, you, the adult, should be held responsible. You should be charged with whatever crime is appropriate, and if found guilty, pay whatever price the judge hands out.

I'm not one to believe more gun control would stop shootings. The bad guys will get weapons one way or another; theft, buying them on the street corner, whatever. But I do believe responsible gun ownership should be taught to anyone buying a weapon as part of the buying/licensing process. You want a driver's license, you have to take both a written test and the actual driving test to show competency. Why not something similar for weapons?

• Serve, grammy and Persona Non Grata like this

#54 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 08:08 AM

PNG, you have addressed the problem but you offer no solutions. What do you have in mind?

I wish I had a solution to offer but I don't. But I do offer awareness. If it gets talked about enough, maybe just one person might think twice and remember to put their gun where the kids can't get their hands on it. That would be worth all the hassle I get for just bringing it up.

• GrumpyGranny and CityBoy like this

#55 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 09:44 AM

Just a reminder, everyone is entitled to their own opinion about post content, but it is against this site's terms of use to engage in posting derogatory comments, personal attacks, harassment, threats or air personal grievances about any other site members.

oops... just for the record, i wasn't calling littletommy stupid, it was in reference to the idea of asking more people to open carry, and that more people carrying firearms is a good thing. that's what i was saying is stupid.  sorry about that.

#56 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 10:09 AM

I just think about all the folks that drive cars.  Their  idea seems to be point the car and push the pedal.  

I think of all the folks that drive recklessly, don't look,  tailgate,  don't use signals, cut me off,  don't yield, run stop lights....

It makes me wonder about all those folks whose idea of a gun is point it and pull the trigger.

Edited by Pesty Version 2, 14 December 2015 - 10:10 AM.

• GrumpyGranny likes this

#57 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 14 December 2015 - 11:29 AM

oops... just for the record, i wasn't calling littletommy stupid, it was in reference to the idea of asking more people to open carry, and that more people carrying firearms is a good thing. that's what i was saying is stupid. sorry about that.

I didn't take it as you were name calling, no problem here.
  • Serve likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users