• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:37 PM

Clark Co. Sheriff Jamey Noel

uses social media to encourage residents to apply for concealed carry permits
Dec 09, 2015
By Maura Sirianni

JEFFERSONVILLE, Ind. (WDRB) -- A local sheriff's office

is encouraging people get permits to carry concealed firearms.

In light of recent mass shootings,

several sheriffs across the country are speaking out.

One of those is Clark County Sheriff

Jamey Noel.

Noel made his opinion on gun issues crystal clear with a Facebook post Tuesday night.
The post reads: "Due to recent terrorist attacks and acts of violence in our great nation,

Sheriff Jamey Noel would like to remind you

of his strong support for

the Second Amendment."
The post also says the sheriff's office

will be happy to help answer any questions

about how to get a concealed

carry permit.

"The only thing that stops a bad person with a gun is a good person with a gun," Noel said.
Noel says he has fielded lots of questions lately. That's why the post links to the firearms license application.
Noel -- who is also chairman of the Republican Party in Clark County -- tells us he has noticed an uptick from people wanting to know how to go about getting a CCW permit.
Noel says he wants to make sure people have the facts - and tells us his office even plans to roll out a class that will explain the permitting process, when it's justified to use a gun and basic gun safety.
Just wanted to [say] here's the facts, it's got a lot of good information on there, whose eligible to apply for the permit and here's how the process works," Noel said.

He says it's important for residents to have a means to defend themselves before police can arrive.

"On any given day, we're always understaffed and I think if you called the Jeffersonville Police Chief, Clarksville -- they will all tell you that they're understaffed and they don't have as many people as they need," Noel said. "I'd much rather have someone in their house if someone was to break in, in addition to calling 911, that they have a means to defend themselves before we get there."
Gun dealers like ESR Tactical say they have noticed a spike in gun purchases.
"A lot of people are nervous about all ... the people coming from other areas, and ISIS, things like this," said ESR Tactical owner Rick Fach.
In Indiana, there are no training requirements to get a concealed carry permit. State police say more than 8,800 permits have been purchased in the past week, and that number is higher than usual.

http://www.wdrb.com/...d-carry-permits

Edited by Savile Row, 09 December 2015 - 05:35 PM.

• jiyabird likes this

#2 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,128 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 04:49 PM

Good on him.
  • IntegrityMatters, jiyabird, Tina and 1 other like this

#3 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:21 PM

Breakfast Club Discussion/Leadership Planning
Clark County Sheriff Jamey Noel
may be preparing to lead an updated county-wide effort
which will include all law enforcement agencies
and schools districts to complete an updated analysis and response plan
for all of Clark County's schools according to sources at the Breakfast Club
this morning.

NRA-Backed Team Trains First School Security Assessors
by Laurie A. Luebbert, Managing Editor
Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Not long after Williamson County schoolchildren started their academic year in Tennessee, a dozen or so nontraditional students—all experienced law enforcement officials—were also going back to school.

But this class had a different agenda. These students were participating in a training seminar on ways to keep young people safe—safe from weather emergencies; safe from fire;

and safe from the remote chance that violence

could erupt on campus.
The four-day practicum,

taught by an array of security experts,

was the first official National School Shield (NSS) security assessor training class,

one facet of the NSS program set up by the National Rifle Association.

“The training program was received with overwhelming success

with law enforcement officers identifying critical vulnerabilities

in the school’s security posture,”

said John Quattrone,

a retired U.S. Air Force colonel and a security adviser

who has been involved in the initiative since its inception.

“Additionally, law enforcement officers were able to provide

significant qualitative mitigation measures to enhance the school’s security environment.”

From Theoretical To Practical
The course covered all the bases,

from teaching participants the fundamentals of school security assessments

to conducting a live assessment at a local K-12 school. During their walk-through

at the school, participants talk to teachers, students and school employees,

and they visually inspect the building, all under the guiding eye

of security experts who coach them about what to ask

and how best to verify information that someone gives them about a potential vulnerability.

“I felt the design of the course and the practical exercise was helpful in creating

a consistent method of assessing schools. It provided great detail in the ways to organize

an assessment that also included how to construct and present feedback

to the school,” said Michael Fletcher, safety and security director

for Williamson County Schools and one of the trainees.
They’re our kids. They’re our responsibility.

And it’s not just our duty to protect them—it’s our right to protect them.

Wayne LaPierre, NRA Executive Vice President.

http://www.americas1...rity-assessors/

https://home.nra.org/

Edited by Savile Row, 09 December 2015 - 06:09 PM.

#4 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:26 PM

In Indiana it's a License to Carry a Handgun.

Commonly known as a LTCH.

Indiana does not issue CCW permits

Indiana does not care if it's concealed or openly carried.

The process starts here...

http://www.in.gov/isp/firearms.htm

More info on the process.

http://ingunowners.c...html#post187167

Edit:

Galligan can pound sand.

Edited by woo, 09 December 2015 - 05:40 PM.

• Quasar and Savile Row like this

#5 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:33 PM

Good for Our Sheriff!

I will never understand the thought process of the left. We have crazies in this country, both domestic and foreign, who are bent on killing us, and the liberal left thinks it's a good idea to restrict, or outright disarm American citizens. No thanks, libs.

#6 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 05:51 PM

Breakfast Club Inclusive Interactions

Click:
https://home.nra.org/

"The NRA is tailored for you.

Pick an interest to get started."
Latest Programming from NRA News.
"Criminals Don't Care About Gun Control Laws."
"Despite the narrative pushed by anti-gunners,

the Season 2 cast believes strongly in their Second Amendment rights

and the need to protect innocent lives.

Kelly has been impacted by gun violence firsthand,

however, her family never blamed the gun for the death of their family member.

Del thinks that a gun grab will be inevitable and Tim's experience in law enforcement has

shown him that criminals don't care about gun control laws."

https://www.nranews....un-control-laws

Edited by Savile Row, 09 December 2015 - 06:04 PM.

#7 River City Kid

River City Kid

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 09:50 AM

I'm  getting weary of seeing the sheriff and his department on TV every night. What's this about some big campaign for another election down the road?

• Mr. Gray likes this

#8 Mr. Gray

Mr. Gray

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 10:03 AM

I'm  getting weary of seeing the sheriff and his department on TV every night. What's this about some big campaign for another election down the road?

Of course it is.

#9 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 12:49 PM

I hope he is ready for plenty of this! One thing about us Hoosiers, we're always eager to help.

Probation for woman who shot at Home Depot shoplifters

Tatiana Duva-Rodriguez, who was licensed to carry a concealed weapon, said she heard a scream and feared the incident was worse than a theft. She acknowledged the shooting in the parking lot was a mistake.

“I made a decision in a split second,” the 46-year-old Clarkston woman told a judge. “Maybe it was not the right one, but I was trying to help.”

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/local/oakland-county/2015/12/09/woman-shot-fleeing-shoplifters-gets-probation/77032066/

#10 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 01:59 PM

http://www.thedailyb...surprising.html

The nation averages 87 gun deaths each day as a function of gun violence, with an average of 183 injured, according to the University of Chicago Crime Lab and the Centers for Disease Control. The crime lab’s research estimates the annual cost of gun violence to society at $100 billion.

Of course in a perfect world, if more people had guns, they just might be able to head off a mass shooter... then again, the figures for gun deaths per day would no doubt go way up just from accidental shootings, fits of rage, etc.

• GrumpyGranny likes this

#11 Bigfoot

Bigfoot

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,301 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 08:16 PM

I filled for my CCW permit the other night just before he announced. I have been on the fence for a while but lately with everything going on I feel better for my safety and my family's if I carry and get a permit. I grew up with guns in the house and know how to use them. I am still going to take a safety course just to be fresh on everything. Only bad thing is I cant get my fingerprinting done for a month. I can't get off work during the week and the first Sat opening near here was Jan 9th.

• Quasar and Mr. Gray like this

#12 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 08:59 AM

I filled for my CCW permit the other night just before he announced. I have been on the fence for a while but lately with everything going on I feel better for my safety and my family's if I carry and get a permit. I grew up with guns in the house and know how to use them. I am still going to take a safety course just to be fresh on everything. Only bad thing is I cant get my fingerprinting done for a month. I can't get off work during the week and the first Sat opening near here was Jan 9th.

Good to hear Bigfoot! If you're interested, Hitek firearms in Sellersburg does a very nice basic handgun safety course, and they offer group rates in case you happen to know several others who wish to take the class with you. I took the course last year with seven other members of my family, some having no experience with firearms, and everyone enjoyed it. I too, have been around firearms my entire life, and have had previous training, but it was still a good refresher course.

#13 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 09:48 AM

Good to hear Bigfoot! If you're interested, Hitek firearms in Sellersburg does a very nice basic handgun safety course,

Any idea on cost?

No info about training on their website.

#14 apirateatheart

apirateatheart

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 02:29 PM

http://www.thedailyb...surprising.html

Of course in a perfect world, if more people had guns, they just might be able to head off a mass shooter... then again, the figures for gun deaths per day would no doubt go way up just from accidental shootings, fits of rage, etc.

I would doubt your conclusion, because the numbers that I have seen show a higher gun death rate in communities with stronger gun restrictions, and lower gun death rates in communities with laws that support and allow gun ownership.

#15 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 03:16 PM

Any idea on cost?
No info about training on their website.

The course was $100 per person since we had a large group, normally I believe it's $125. It's a full day course, lunch included, and a few hours on the range on Hwy 60. Call and ask for Dennis, he's the one that does the classes there.
  • iRescue and woo like this

#16 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 03:19 PM

I would doubt your conclusion, because the numbers that I have seen show a higher gun death rate in communities with stronger gun restrictions, and lower gun death rates in communities with laws that support and allow gun ownership.

Well, Snowmans stats probably come from a source that includes all of Chicagos "accidental" shootings, you know, all law abiding gun owners get lumped in with the gang bangers when it suits the big agenda.

#17 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 05:42 PM

Speaking of statistics, here is an interesting one...

In 2015, in the U.S. a toddler shoots either themself or someone else at a rate of once per week.

As of October, 13 children under the age of 3 had accidently(?) killed themselves with a firearm, 18 more had injured themselves, 10 injured someone else, and 2 killed someone else.

Just something to think about.

Edited by Persona Non Grata, 11 December 2015 - 05:57 PM.

#18 grammy

grammy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 06:52 PM

It's a tragedy when a child is harmed by any means. But that is just poor irresponsible parenting if a child has access to a firearm
  • GrumpyGranny and iRescue like this

#19 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 07:25 PM

It's a tragedy when a child is harmed by any means. But that is just poor irresponsible parenting if a child has access to a firearm

Yep. And as the number of rational responsible people with guns rises, so will the number of idiots with guns.

• GrumpyGranny likes this

#20 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 11 December 2015 - 07:41 PM

Speaking of statistics, here is an interesting one...

In 2015, in the U.S. a toddler shoots either themself or someone else at a rate of once per week.

As of October, 13 children under the age of 3 had accidently(?) killed themselves with a firearm, 18 more had injured themselves, 10 injured someone else, and 2 killed someone else.

Just something to think about.

http://clarkcountych...coastal-marine/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users