#41 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 10:07 PM

http://www.usatoday....rsey/27521793/
And no, the administration IS NOT listening to law enforcement.
There is blowback all over the country from police agencies.
https://www.google.c...achi -pakistan
https://news.google....X17AkYQqgIIITAB

That's who?

Some hypothetical people Obama said "can" be intimidated by military equipment generally, not this supposedly defensive vehicle specifically or even defensive stuff more broadly?

Got it.

With all this "upset" and "intimidated" around here, it's easy to see how mythical hoardes "outraged" about festive cups are born.
  • Debbie and RiverFox like this

#42 RiverFox

RiverFox

Resident Historian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 12:57 PM

Here's the whole breakdown of ExOrd 13688.

Recommendations to Executive Order 13688 / MAY 2015 .pdf
Actual ExOrd 13688 (JAN 2015) on page 44

Implementation of Recommendations / OCT 2015 .pdf

Edited by RiverFox, 06 December 2015 - 12:59 PM.

#43 RiverFox

RiverFox

Resident Historian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 01:04 PM

This guy seems to know what he's talking about.

Peter Kraska, a professor at Eastern Kentucky University who has studied police militarization for decades ...

http://www.scpr.org/...ad-little-impa/

Other items on the list had little practical use, like bayonets.

"Nobody could come up with any kind of operational reason to have a (diddly-dang) bayonet," Kraska said.

:laugh:

Edited by RiverFox, 06 December 2015 - 01:17 PM.

#44 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 06:40 PM

Wow! I'm just a lowly high school dropout and I know what a bayonet is used for! I needs to send me one of them application thingys to some prestigious universities, I could be like a supervisor of professors or something.

#45 RiverFox

RiverFox

Resident Historian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 06:46 PM

(I don't know why anyone would want a military bayonet ... useless junk)

Nope. Any good knife is better than an M7 or an M9.

The Army stopped even training with it a couple of years ago.

Edited by RiverFox, 06 December 2015 - 06:56 PM.

#46 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 06:56 PM

Or, it could be that this peter guy (hehe) is just showing us his deeper thought capability, you know, like, "of course, it's a bayonet, but what would someone do with it"? I mean, you could use it as a paper weight, a conversation piece, a weapon, a crude kitchen utensil....the list goes on and on. I can even immediately think of the only practical reason a police force would need a bayonet.......TO BAYONET PEOPLE!!!

I agree with the thought behind what this guy was trying to say, and maybe the writer of the article just butchered the good professors words, but wow.

The bigger question is, why would a PD want to put themselves in a position of having to bayonet someone? If the S has hit the F to that point, and I were a cop, I'd be at home looking out for my loved ones.

#47 RiverFox

RiverFox

Resident Historian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:02 PM

Actually, the only good use of a bayonet, for the last 50 years or more,

is a can opener if you lose your P38.  :D

I have an old M1 bayonet that is corroded only on 1/4 in of the tip.

So that's been a major use for a long time.

The bigger question is, why would a PD want to put themselves in a position of having to bayonet someone?

If the S has hit the F to that point, and I were a cop, I'd be at home looking out for my loved ones.

With an actual M16 you can still butt-stroke someone. Not so much with an M4.

Edited by RiverFox, 06 December 2015 - 07:05 PM.

#48 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:09 PM

I have quite a few WWII era 91/30s, with the bayonet attached, they would be pretty handy if you needed to spear a fish.
  • RiverFox likes this

#49 RiverFox

RiverFox

Resident Historian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,645 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 07:12 PM

Exactly. Back then the rifles were long enough to be used as a 'spear".

#50 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 03:31 PM

History shows that THOSE European immigrants on these shores have never been peaceful.  Wars were waged against the indigenous populace, there were several wars waged for the immigrants to maintain their independence from foreign rule, a war waged against ourselves and a few world wars to boot.  Then there were foreign wars waged (think Afghanistan, Iraq, Korea, Vietnam . . . )  Let's not forget all those other skirmishes:  suffragettes, civil rights, Irish, German, Asian . . .

The list truly goes on, more's the pity! 

Peace is cheaper and more prosperous for the populace.

Donna, peace is a dream and never going to happen. You put 3 people together and you cannot get them to agree on an issue...you put a group of people together and throw in a HOT issue and you best duck. It is man's nature to fight and has been since he began walking this earth. Name me one civilization...one country that has been able to live in complete peace for any length of time. You always have greedy people who want more power and they will attempt to take it by any means possible. That is life, pure and simple. The only true peace you will ever have is in your coffin and , hopefully, in Heaven.

#51 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 03:36 PM

You are being used by the left Russell!  The local police are NOT under control of the Federal Government and I can assure you that the overwhelming majority of local officers are very strong supporters of our Constitutional rights.  Rather that being a "local branch of the military" they would most definitely be your first line of defense against Federal overreach.  Oathkeepers is a large group of law enforcement officers that have pledged to do just that.  Local police are controlled locally, by people that you elect.  Leadership is changed regularly.  We have little or no control over the Federal Bureaucracy.  Local police are going up against increasingly violent drug gangs (many armed by Holder and Obama) and the threat of terrorism exists everywhere.  If you want to see a great example of why police need DEFENSIVE armor, Google Norco Shootout! Discrediting local police is pure Alinskyism.  Don't let them play you! .

Perhaps that is why Obama took the Personnel carrier away from us...one less weapon of defense against HIM!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users