8 replies to this topic

#1 TrishR

TrishR

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 10:41 AM

Charlestown has again refused to pay what they owe to the J B Ogle Animal Shelter. 

The Ogle shelter takes in an overwhelming number of animals from this area. 

The staff works night and day to care for and find homes for their animals and they refuse to pay? What is wrong with these people? 

Anyone know when the next council is scheduled? 

• kelley and iRescue like this

#2 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:47 AM

Council meetings are the first Monday of the month, 6:30 p.m., City Hall.

• kelley, TrishR and iRescue like this

#3 iRescue

iRescue

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 07:42 PM

Charlestown has again refused to pay what they owe to the J B Ogle Animal Shelter. 

The Ogle shelter takes in an overwhelming number of animals from this area. 

The staff works night and day to care for and find homes for their animals and they refuse to pay? What is wrong with these people? 

Anyone know when the next council is scheduled? 

When I read about this issue once AGAIN I can't help but just sit and mumble you idiots in Charlestown. Exactly why do they think JB Ogle should continue doing their job for them? Why has it been done in the first place? Because these selfless staff members care very deeply for the lives of each and every animal in need. I've known them to go beyond the 'job description'...go past the hours on any given day, tenderly love and care for every animal no matter the circumstance. Charlestown..WHY do you take advantage of their wonderful hearts? These people have cried many tears over the broken spirits of cast aside animals that come through their doors. Why do you turn your head as if it doesn't matter? Perhaps those in decision making positions only see animals as 'possessions'... and you have no heart. If that be the case then I would suggest that those who elected you made a very bad decision. The 'least of these' have no value to you so growing old, growing feeble, being born impaired or possibly very poor by your standards have no chance in your world. You are simply adding to the sad selfish world that surrounds us. 

• Lady Phoenix likes this

#4 masey

masey

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 22 November 2015 - 08:22 PM

I can tell you I am no idiot. You are not winning any points from me.
You need to put this on the City of Charlestown web site or go to a council meeting.
  • CityBoy likes this

#5 TrishR

TrishR

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:49 AM

I for one, plan on attending the next council meeting. 

• iRescue likes this

#6 Ruth Ann Rawlings

Ruth Ann Rawlings

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:07 AM

Glad you are coming, Trish.  The Interlocal Agreement was presented at the last council meeting and we were ready to approve it, but a question arose as to the total amount due.  That was to be researched and presented at our next meeting.  It will be approved.  We are not idiots, iRescue. 

• masey likes this

#7 iRescue

iRescue

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 27 November 2015 - 09:18 PM

It appears that I got a little out of character using the word 'idiot' when referring to those decision makers on the Charlestown City Council...for that I apologize. It is extremely heart wrenching to constantly battle uncaring people and  govt. regulations while trying to save the lives of suffering animals.  My heart is right but perhaps my anger is misplaced. I need to learn the finesse of Trish.  

• masey and Old Pawpaw like this

#8 Ruth Ann Rawlings

Ruth Ann Rawlings

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 11:24 AM

Update - the Interlocal Agreement passed 4-1.  Ted Little was the no vote.  Not sure why he doesn't want to pay the Shelter. 

• kelley likes this

#9 TrishR

TrishR

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 10 December 2015 - 12:13 PM

Thank You Charlestown! You did the right thing for the animals and your money will be well spent. Every animal that comes to shelter is loved, fed, and given basic medical care. No animal is euthanized for time, space or money. Every employee and volunteer works 24/7 to make this happen. 

For answers to any question you should call the Director Sarah Green at 812 282-0071 or stop by and meet Sarah, the staff, and volunteers. They are very serious about their mission to control the animal overpopulation in Clark County. I promise that you will be impressed. 

With that said, please consider employing a trained animal control officer or using one from the city or county that has already been certified. It is much needed in your community. 

Thank You! 

Trish Roehm 

Southern IN Animal Rescue, President 

502 974-8226 

Edited by TrishR, 10 December 2015 - 12:17 PM.

• iRescue likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users