8 replies to this topic

#1 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,175 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:27 AM

http://www.wdrb.com/...larksville-home

There was a fire on Clark Blvd in Old Clarksville last night. The last paragraph says the fire station a block away (Stansifer Avenue) is no longer active. Since when? Why?

#2 clarkcoconstituent

clarkcoconstituent

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 04:34 AM

When they opened the new fire house, I was under the impression they only closed the one on Lewis & Clark. Did they close both? Is Clarksville down to one?
  • GrumpyGranny likes this

#3 TomD

TomD

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:38 AM

I just talked on the phone to personnel at the Stansifer Ave house...it is manned and equipped...and ready to answer calls.  FYI.  Looks like the TV station got it wrong...no surprise...don't they fact check their stories before putting them out to the public?

• GrumpyGranny and Donna like this

#4 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:52 AM

Update: A previous version of this story said the house was less than a block from the fire station. That fire station is no longer active. This story have been updated to reflect that.

• GrumpyGranny and kelley like this

#5 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,175 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 05:41 PM

The latest update from the WDRB news story says:

Update: A previous version of this story said the house was less than a block from the fire station. The home was four blocks from the station. This story have been updated to reflect that.  

• kelley likes this

#6 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,128 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 06:55 PM

Lol.

#7 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 17 November 2015 - 07:29 PM

I used to live on Arlington ave years ago, which is 2 blocks south of Stansifer. I had to call the fire dept once when I lived over there, the garage across the alley from my yard had a small fire, anyway, I ran in the house, dialed 911, told them what the problem was, hung up the phone (this was back in the days of the landline) and went back outside, I had no morr than stepped out onto the back porch when I heard the sirens of the trucks leaving the Stansifer station! Fire trucks were rolling up at the scene in no more than 1 minute. Very impressive, very minimal damage to the neighbors garage, as well.

#8 Woodslover

Woodslover

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 12:09 PM

Anyone hear what the cause of the fire was?  I wonder why nothing has been done to the home since the fire.

#9 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 17 December 2015 - 08:47 PM

I imagine once the investigation is concluded, it will be razed.  Roof and top floor are lost causes.  The bottom floor suffered smoke and water damage.  Doesn't look like anything can be salvaged. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users