133 replies to this topic

#121 chewing the fat

chewing the fat

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 December 2015 - 09:39 PM

So...as I understand, "the Counsel" prior to 2011 issued contracts to  "Valued" Department Heads. Does anyone know if the current Fire Chief was ever offered a contract?  I'm thinking.. If he was "Valued" why not then?, and is it too late for the Majority to offer one now?

#122 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 12:50 AM

Holy Cow, here is one thread within the Clarksville forum where the rumor about department heads being replaced after the election if the Republicans gained enough seats was discussed: http://clarkcountych...ce/#entry164713

The general consensus pre-election was that the department heads were doing good jobs and that they ought to be retained. It is a little disheartening to hear that there may be changes made even though it was made known that nothing of the sort was being contemplated. The new council will make their own decisions and they will have to live with them. Four years is plenty of time for the people to forget about that decision. I just wish they would have made their intentions known before the election.

#123 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 20 December 2015 - 11:15 AM

Preach Russell Preach.

#124 Clarksville Voter

Clarksville Voter

Resident

• Account Closed
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:16 AM

In the thread you mentioned, the only candidates that responded were you and Dee. That was not a consensus of town board candidates, only those candidates that took Sleepy's bait.

Dee stated "Our Department heads across the board are doing a fantastic job. As for the GOP, we have not had a single discussion about replacing anyone, why would we?" 

That does not mention what any other candidates thought, only that there were no discussions in which the other candidates voiced their opinions about replacing department heads. It reads a though he is only speaking for himself about department heads.

Both candidates that voiced support for all department heads in that thread lost in the election. 

Did that support cause the outcome of the election?

#125 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:25 AM

Also in that thread Clarkconstiuent states,"That is something I also asked in person to some of them. Got the same answer, they support the current police and fire chief. That would definitely change my vote if there were plans to replace them!"

This would indicate that it was not just me and Dee.

#126 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:32 AM

Clarksville Voter that is incorrect.

#127 Holy Cow

Holy Cow

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:32 AM

Russell, my only point is that changes in leadership generally lead to changes in senior staff. That has been the case for ages.

Edited by Holy Cow, 21 December 2015 - 09:33 AM.

• Clarksville Voter likes this

#128 Clarksville Voter

Clarksville Voter

Resident

• Account Closed
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:36 AM

I don't know who Clarkconstiuent is or who they talked to, but if you want to vouch for him, ok.

​I based my response on who actually replied, that was an actual candidate. 

#129 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:38 AM

True, Holy Cow, but when the rumor was started that it was going to take place there was a whole lot of denying coming from the Republicans. There are a lot of people who are pleased with the way our departments are ran. On the campaign trail, the vast majority of the people I spoke with were pleased with the job the department heads were doing. I think it definitely would have been a game changer if it would have been known that changes were even being considered. But that's just my opinion.

Edited by Russell Brooksbank, 21 December 2015 - 09:39 AM.

#130 Clarksville Voter

Clarksville Voter

Resident

• Account Closed
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:44 AM

If alot of the voters were pleased with the way things were being done, why did the Democrat Party lose control of the Town Board for the first time in 200 years?

#131 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:45 AM

Don't twist my words. I said they were pleased with the job the DEPARTMENT HEADS were doing.

#132 Clarksville Voter

Clarksville Voter

Resident

• Account Closed
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 09:54 AM

They must have been very unhappy with something else then. Any ideas? You were on the campaign trail and talked to many voters. Why were they that unhappy with the way things are?

Edited by Clarksville Voter, 21 December 2015 - 10:20 AM.

#133 Holy Cow

Holy Cow

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 03:47 PM

Department heads are not elected, and as such, have no right to continued employment at their current positions. The important issue at hand is how will new leadership bring top staff in to make sure services are provided to their expectations.
  • Clarksville Voter likes this

#134 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 22 December 2015 - 09:13 AM

At least the suggestion of a new Police Asst. Chief was shot down.

Thank God.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users