26 replies to this topic

#1 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 08:21 AM

Are finally posted...

Clark County - Registered Voters 81,506 -  Total Ballots 22,931 : 28.13%...

http://www.co.clark....lection-results

#2 Kevin Vissing

Kevin Vissing

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:19 AM

Those only come up as the primary. I could not find general election on there.

#3 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:20 AM

Those only come up as the primary. I could not find general election on there.

There are 4 links to pdf's on that page. The bottom two are from the primary elections... the top two are from the general election... 

#4 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:24 AM

Here is the election summary pdf file...

Attached Files

#5 Fact Checker

Fact Checker

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:02 AM

Sure was a bad day for the Dems once again in Clark County.  Tom Galligan is doing a great job as chairman.  I say give him another term.  Have the voters from the dead been counted yet?  Where are you Mike Marshall and Donnie Hansford when they need you. 

• Tina likes this

#6 MoeMomma

MoeMomma

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:39 AM

Is there a way you can check to see if a deceased family member has voted?   I know there were always rumors about this happening in the past.   Just curious, if I would be able to look it up.

#7 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:45 AM

Yes. The voter records would show if someone voted. Clerk's office should be able to help. May be a little while before official voter lists are updated, but they may be able to tell you about a given voter.

Edited by kelley, 04 November 2015 - 11:45 AM.

#8 TLIES

TLIES

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 12:12 PM

Is there a way you can check to see if a deceased family member has voted?   I know there were always rumors about this happening in the past.   Just curious, if I would be able to look it up.

My mom has been gone for 8 years and is still on the register... each year my sister or I signed Deceased in the book by her name. So someone cant use it to vote.

We have had no luck getting her name removed... sad.

#9 MoeMomma

MoeMomma

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:21 PM

Yes. The voter records would show if someone voted. Clerk's office should be able to help. May be a little while before official voter lists are updated, but they may be able to tell you about a given voter.

Thanks Kelley!   It's just always something that I've been curious about, with the rumors swirling around for years.  I would hope there aren't any votes cast, but I guess I will never know unless I check.

#10 MoeMomma

MoeMomma

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:26 PM

My mom has been gone for 8 years and is still on the register... each year my sister or I signed Deceased in the book by her name. So someone cant use it to vote.

We have had no luck getting her name removed... sad.

Sad and very frustrating, I'm sure.   A bit off topic, but my mother passed away in 1968.   Her name is still on the property tax records and I know that my Dad tried for years to get it removed.  I'm sure I will have to jump thru hoops to provide documentation that they are both deceased to get property record updated and transferred.

Edited by MoeMomma, 04 November 2015 - 01:26 PM.

#11 HadAboutEnough

HadAboutEnough

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 02:25 PM

Sure was a bad day for the Dems once again in Clark County.  Tom Galligan is doing a great job as chairman.  I say give him another term.  Have the voters from the dead been counted yet?  Where are you Mike Marshall and Donnie Hansford when they need you. 

Democrats need to do some soul-searching.

• GrumpyGranny, kelley, snowman and 2 others like this

#12 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:40 AM

The sad part is the incompetence in the Clerks and voter registration office.
What if this had been a presidential election.  They would still be digging out.

#13 Curmudgeon

Curmudgeon

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 03:48 PM

A bit off topic, but my mother passed away in 1968.   Her name is still on the property tax records and I know that my Dad tried for years to get it removed.  I'm sure I will have to jump thru hoops to provide documentation that they are both deceased to get property record updated and transferred.

You can only remove names from the "property tax records" by a recorded deed of conveyance, a recorded court order, or in limited circumstances, a recorded affidavit of intestate succession.  If you are concerned about confusion after your father passes, Indiana law now permits the recording of a transfer on death deed.   

#14 MoeMomma

MoeMomma

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 04:20 PM

You can only remove names from the "property tax records" by a recorded deed of conveyance, a recorded court order, or in limited circumstances, a recorded affidavit of intestate succession.  If you are concerned about confusion after your father passes, Indiana law now permits the recording of a transfer on death deed.   

Thanks for the information.   The property is part of an estate now, that is in probate, so I'm assuming since I'm the heir, it will be taken care of through the courts.  We have an estate lawyer obviously, but when I saw the above post about voting rolls, it brought to mind that the property in question still had my mother's name listed.  Thanks again!

#15 Kevin Vissing

Kevin Vissing

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:43 PM

Democrats need to do some soul-searching.

Lay this loss in Obama's lap. Its going on all over the nation. The losses to elected Democrats is the worst since the Republicans lost in similar fashion after Watergate.
It will be interesting to see how Democrats go to the poles for Hillary. I don't think it will be anything like 2008. Obama was a fresh face, where Hillary has a not so shiny past.
Time will tell.
  • iRescue likes this

#16 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,726 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:00 PM

Lay this loss in Obama's lap.

Kevin,

Speaking as a life long Dem. living in Jeff.

Lay this one on Tom's lap.

We have not been able to trust local Dem's for quite some time now.

• grammy likes this

#17 HadAboutEnough

HadAboutEnough

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 01:55 PM

I've been a Democrat for a long time.  But, locally we've had some not-so-stellar behavior.  Danny Rodden with a call-girl; Theresa Perkins shoplifting; John Perkins running for office where he shouldn't be allowed to; and Dennis took an illegal contract while on Redevelopment.  Tom just looked the other way.

Time for some reflection.  And some new talent as Phil McCauley once said.

• snowman and grammy like this

#18 Kevin Vissing

Kevin Vissing

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 09:18 PM

The Republicans are in power now. Give it time.....they are human.....mistakes will be coming. I don't wish ill will on anyone. I have many Republican friends.

#19 Hickory Huskers

Hickory Huskers

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 12:47 PM

Lay this loss in Obama's lap. Its going on all over the nation. The losses to elected Democrats is the worst since the Republicans lost in similar fashion after Watergate.
It will be interesting to see how Democrats go to the poles for Hillary. I don't think it will be anything like 2008. Obama was a fresh face, where Hillary has a not so shiny past.
Time will tell.

I'm no fan of Obama, but if people vote Republican in local elections because of Obama then they are stupid and deserve whatever poor government they get.

• RiverFox and snowman like this

#20 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:29 AM

......"if people vote Republican in local elections because of Obama
then they are stupid and deserve whatever poor government they get".....

"Lay this loss in Obama's lap."

?

So, the people vote Republican  to avoid the problems of Obama and the Democrats
or do they vote Republican locally to continue good government?

Edited by Savile Row, 13 November 2015 - 10:07 AM.

• Goldwater Girl likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users