• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 08:50 PM

According to results on WLKY, 5 out of 7 winners for town council are Republican...

http://www.wlky.com/...esults/36150178

Edited to add note on county website election results says does not include absentee ballots. Wonder how much they will change the outcome?

Edited by GrumpyGranny, 03 November 2015 - 08:53 PM.

• kelley likes this

#2 Clarksville Voter

Clarksville Voter

Resident

• Account Closed
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:09 PM

Sleepy, you said I wouldn't be happy, but I just peed myself I'm so happy.

• GrumpyGranny, kelley, chewing the fat and 2 others like this

#3 Clarksville Voter

Clarksville Voter

Resident

• Account Closed
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:11 PM

You might be able to use this as a NEW example of negative campaigning causing a loss or losses.

Edited by Clarksville Voter, 03 November 2015 - 09:29 PM.

#4 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 03 November 2015 - 09:14 PM

Hopefully those absentee ballots are heavily scrutinized, we all know the old guard is very proficient at literally "digging" up votes.
  • kelley and clarkcoconstituent like this

#5 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:12 AM

Sad day for my guy.

Losers cry

Winners Tell Jokes.

I wish all who won well.  

My guy is still a great person with a great family.

#6 grayarea

grayarea

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:55 AM

I started commenting on here two or three years ago when the "listening sessions" concerning district voting were ongoing. I went to one and was floored by the attitudes of the councilmen that attended. It was, basically, watching them sit there with hands on chins acting bored, watching the clock, and hoping to get it over with. It was also blatantly obvious to me as I sat there, that this issue had the overwhelming support of those in attendance. I personally witnessed the council meeting where it came to a vote and Bob Polston choked on his opportunity to be a leader. Since that time, I tried my best to keep this issue in the forefront of a lot of the council's petty arguing. When I saw the news last night, that the Republicans had taken the council against this group of democrats I was thrilled. And, forth millionth time, I'm a registered Democrat.

Thank you to you folks who took on the job of running. But, the biggest thanks, I think, goes to the voters who made themselves informed and decided no more of the same stuff in Clarksville. The people clearly spoke. Now, let's hope that those that won follow this mandate.

To my friend Sleepy...much respect in defending your positions and candidates. It's what makes this website worth coming back too.

• GrumpyGranny, chewing the fat and Clarksville Voter like this

#7 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 11:02 AM

I agree and thank you grayarea.

The clarksville town has spoken.

I wish everyone well.

I still believe Clarksville is the best area around.

• clarkcoconstituent likes this

#8 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,039 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 03:34 PM

Russell, sorry you didn't do better. I respect you and feel you fought the good fight.
I really appreciate and enjoy you and your point of view on things .
Sometimes you have me gritting my teeth but that is fine....you are one of those rare individuals I admire, you stand up for what you believe and will defend those beliefs to the end....my kind of people.

Edited by jiyabird, 04 November 2015 - 03:35 PM.

• GrumpyGranny, kelley, iRescue and 1 other like this

#9 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:06 PM

If Russell wasn't in the race I think Dee Shelton would have won.

Russell is now on Mr. Gilkeys Christmas card list.

• clarkcoconstituent likes this

#10 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:27 PM

Sleepy, you are  being a rascal again.

#11 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:50 PM

Thank you for conceding Russell is an influential guy.
  • GrumpyGranny and Russell Brooksbank like this

#12 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 05:17 PM

I started commenting on here two or three years ago when the "listening sessions" concerning district voting were ongoing. I went to one and was floored by the attitudes of the councilmen that attended. It was, basically, watching them sit there with hands on chins acting bored, watching the clock, and hoping to get it over with. It was also blatantly obvious to me as I sat there, that this issue had the overwhelming support of those in attendance. I personally witnessed the council meeting where it came to a vote and Bob Polston choked on his opportunity to be a leader. Since that time, I tried my best to keep this issue in the forefront of a lot of the council's petty arguing. When I saw the news last night, that the Republicans had taken the council against this group of democrats I was thrilled. And, forth millionth time, I'm a registered Democrat.

Thank you to you folks who took on the job of running. But, the biggest thanks, I think, goes to the voters who made themselves informed and decided no more of the same stuff in Clarksville. The people clearly spoke. Now, let's hope that those that won follow this mandate.

To my friend Sleepy...much respect in defending your positions and candidates. It's what makes this website worth coming back too.

If the call for district voting was strictly a Republican partisan cry, I should be upset today because if Sellersburg had had town wide voting, I feel pretty confident it would have been a Republican sweep.  So it's exactly the opposite of Clarksville.

District 2 and 4 are still really too close to call.

But district 3 chose the Democrat, Brad Amos.

I noticed in Clarksville the Sellersburg precinct (Cville/SC) pulled heavily for the Rs.  I don't know which Clarksville precincts would have been in which district if it were solely district voting, but I'm sure someone will soon be able to crunch the numbers and tell us if district voting would have gone in some of the D's favor?

#13 Riverlover

Riverlover

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 07:45 PM

If the call for district voting was strictly a Republican partisan cry, I should be upset today because if Sellersburg had had town wide voting, I feel pretty confident it would have been a Republican sweep.  So it's exactly the opposite of Clarksville.

District 2 and 4 are still really too close to call.

But district 3 chose the Democrat, Brad Amos.

I noticed in Clarksville the Sellersburg precinct (Cville/SC) pulled heavily for the Rs.  I don't know which Clarksville precincts would have been in which district if it were solely district voting, but I'm sure someone will soon be able to crunch the numbers and tell us if district voting would have gone in some of the D's favor?

I haven't got around to all the news today. What's going on in Sellersburg that it hasn't been called yet? 

#14 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:02 PM

I haven't got around to all the news today. What's going on in Sellersburg that it hasn't been called yet? 

Oh they've been called, but district 2 is within 5 votes and district 4 is within 8.

Sellersburg was the guinea pig for the new ballots & new counting machines. 

I expect there will be 2 recounts.

#15 Riverlover

Riverlover

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:49 PM

Thanks.
  • Tina likes this

#16 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:00 AM

Russell, sorry you didn't do better. I respect you and feel you fought the good fight.
I really appreciate and enjoy you and your point of view on things .
Sometimes you have me gritting my teeth but that is fine....you are one of those rare individuals I admire, you stand up for what you believe and will defend those beliefs to the end....my kind of people.

Thanks. I'm not done. That was just one battle in the war for liberty. I succeeded in other areas. I brought my point of view into the conversation. All you have to do is read John's responses in the Voters Guide to see how much influence I had. You don't have to win to influence policy. I brought the rights of the people effected by the South Clarksville Redevelopment Plan (which BTW there will be a meeting November 10. I'm going. Will you?) to the forefront. I helped defeat the RDA. All in all, a pretty productive year so far, don't you think?

• GrumpyGranny, kelley and MoeMomma like this

#17 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:06 AM

Why? The only votes I steal are Democrat votes. :ninja: 

The votes I got were Libertarian votes. People who are fed up with the duocracy and are wanting someone to vote for. I filled that need. There is absolutely no way for anyone to tell who those people would have voted for if I were not in the race. My guess is that it was 50/50 or maybe they would not have voted at all and that would not have changed a thing.

• kelley likes this

#18 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,123 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:14 AM

Thanks. I'm not done. That was just one battle in the war for liberty. I succeeded in other areas. I brought my point of view into the conversation. All you have to do is read John's responses in the Voters Guide to see how much influence I had. You don't have to win to influence policy. I brought the rights of the people effected by the South Clarksville Redevelopment Plan (which BTW there will be a meeting November 10. I'm going. Will you?) to the forefront. I helped defeat the RDA. All in all, a pretty productive year so far, don't you think?

Where and what time on the 10th?

#19 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:16 AM

According to results on WLKY, 5 out of 7 winners for town council are Republican...

And the last council was 5 Dems and 2 Reps. We just traded one gang for another. The Duocracy wins again.

• Sleepy likes this

#20 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 10:20 AM

Where and what time on the 10th?

From the MySidewalk site: "The public is invited to an upcoming community workshop on November 10th at the Fellowship Hall of the Ohio Falls Community Church (917 S. Virginia Avenue) at 6:30 pm. At this workshop, the planning team will present a recommended plan, which will focus on redevelopment opportunities for the Clarksville riverfront and adjacent lands, and recommendations for infrastructure and revitalization improvements throughout the study area (this is the area where they say eminent domain will not be used. So how are they planning on accomplishing this?). The team will also share a strategy for implementing the recommended plan. Community members will have an opportunity to review the plan and provide feedback for incorporation into the final plan. We hope to see you there!"

You mean your council member hasn't sought fit to tell you about this? There is another steering committee meeting, I believe at noon, at the Falls of The Ohio on that same day. I'm going to try to attend that one also.

Edited by Russell Brooksbank, 05 November 2015 - 10:36 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users