• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#1 TomD

TomD

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 08:40 PM

Can you help me figure this out...I'm confused.

In the New (same as Old) Clarksville Democrat 'Contract with Clarksville', it states "we will hire an independent research firm to conduct a survey of town residents on the issue of district voting and act in accordance with the results..." 

But in a mail piece I received today from the Clarksville Democrat PAC it says "No district voting". 

Both of these statements regarding district voting can't truly represent the position of the New (same as Old) Clarksville Democrats.  I'm confused.  Which is the truth and which is false?

Also in the 'Contract with Clarksville' it states "We will take up the matter of hiring a town manager and come to a final decision based upon input from a community study committe."

In the mail piece I received today it states that a town manager is "a...gamble the town can't afford to take", and further states it is "an irresponsible risk".

Both of the statements regarding a town manager can't truly represent the position of the New (same as Old) Clarksville Democrats.  I'm confused.  Which is true, and which false.

Wouldn't it be refreshing to get the straight truth from these Dems about what they intend to do? 

Edited by TomD, 29 October 2015 - 08:46 PM.

• GrumpyGranny, kelley, themascot and 1 other like this

#2 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 11:55 PM

Well....doesn't the mouths of Clarksville democrats have two sides?

• Clarksville Voter likes this

#3 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 08:03 AM

NSBHM

You of all people should never talk about talking

out of both sides of your mouth.

Tom D

Don't be confused, drive around Clarksville and look at the beautiful town

you live in.  The great development, parks, golf course, little league and of course 

the beautiful water park.  Be thankful you live in a town with great employees who

take care of your needs.  A great place to raise a family.  

Then thank those Democrats who have made it all possible.   

Get out and VOTE, keep Clarksville Wonderful..

#4 Clarksville Voter

Clarksville Voter

Resident

• Account Closed
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 09:08 AM

Sleepy, I think you are making the same mistake the Old Democrats have made for the past 30 Years. The Clarksville Tax Payers have paid for all those things. THEY are the one's that have made it all possible. Maybe you should be thanking them, since you are new to the area(from Chicago). Many of us have been paying for those things our whole life. Clarksville is Wonderful, you're welcome Sleepy.

Edited by Clarksville Voter, 30 October 2015 - 09:08 AM.

• littletommy likes this

#5 grayarea

grayarea

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 12:05 PM

Folks, what Tom D above refers to above is the simple fact that some of these folks don't listen. I have purposely sat and waited to see what had been said in the N&T circular versus the so-called newsletter I have received...plus more of the idiocy that has been put on the chatter by some who don't even live in this community.

1.) The biggest, overall, issue sitting here today is still the fair voting issue. The democrats (and I'm a registered democrat) are trying to rename this the 3/7th of a vote. This is simple. YOU live in a district. YOU'RE

• GrumpyGranny, themascot and littletommy like this

#6 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 12:40 PM

Vision Clarksville Voter Vision

And Vision is no Mistake.

#7 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 12:42 PM

Grayarea if you ask those with flooded homes they may

disagree with you about the biggest issue.

#8 grayarea

grayarea

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 02:02 PM

For some reason, I was told I did not have permission to edit by post at #5

#9 grayarea

grayarea

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 835 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 02:04 PM

EXACTLY SLEEPY!!!!

Flooded homes are not so much of a problem in my district. My district councilman should look at it compassionately, but in a manner that reflects as to the importance of the district he represents. It's matter of importance is relative to those in that district.

• Clarksville Voter likes this

#10 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 02:09 PM

But currently we don't have district voting

so they should all get on it.

#11 TomD

TomD

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:33 PM

Grayarea if you ask those with flooded homes they may

disagree with you about the biggest issue.

Ironic you should bring up the flooding issue.  In a previous post on this thread in reference to how the Dems had spent our tax dollars, you wrote "thank those Democrats who have made it all possible."  Okay, so we should thank those Democrats who have also made all the flooding possible.

Look, flooding has been an issue for a long time in Clarksville.  The Democrats have had years and years to do something about it...some progress has been made and is being made, but why is it still an issue in some parts of our town?  Could it be because the Democrat controlled council for many years and many administrations did not make it priority?

Now, back on topic.  Sleepy, apparently your candidate signed on to the 'Contract with Clarksville', and he also apparently endorsed the recent mailer that said something entirely different.  So which time was he telling the truth?  The 'Contract with Clarksville', the direct mail piece, or perhaps neither?  What is his real position?   

• littletommy and Clarksville Voter like this

#12 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:38 PM

The Dems deserve the credit and they deserve the blame.

I have said this numerous times.

I just believe you are lucky to live in Clarksville, the Dems

have done a very good job.  My opinion.

You will have to ask"my candidate" yourself.  His number is listed.

VOTE   JUST VOTE

#13 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:39 PM

Not sure what direct mail piece you speak of.

I read the brochures on the Dem. Website.

#14 littletommy

littletommy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:46 PM

NSBHM

You of all people should never talk about talking

out of both sides of your mouth.

Tom D

Don't be confused, drive around Clarksville and look at the beautiful town

you live in.  The great development, parks, golf course, little league and of course 

the beautiful water park.  Be thankful you live in a town with great employees who

take care of your needs.  A great place to raise a family.  

Then thank those Democrats who have made it all possible.   

Get out and VOTE, keep Clarksville Wonderful..

Imagine how nice Clarksville would be had your democrats not pocketed so much of the money involved in all the things you mention, sleepy! THAT is where lifelong Clarksville residents and your teddy bear and rainbow view of Clarksville democrats part ways. Get a clue, sleepy, you are not swaying anybody with your quaint stories.

#15 themascot

themascot

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:46 PM

Vision Clarksville Voter Vision

And Vision is no Mistake.

Recently a businessman on a national network was asked his hiring practices.
He stated more than anything they had to have morals, ethics and character. He hired people with those qualities over talent.   People had to be humble.  Indeed those with too many accomplishments and no failures he avoided like the plague.   He went on to say he didn’t hire those from the Ivy League and big name colleges but rather the smaller colleges and some even didn’t have degrees.  
It seems these practices had paid off for this billionaire as he had turned a 21 million dollar a year business into a 100 billion dollar year operation.   His name?  Charles Koch.
I think education is important but to me it’s overrated if don’t have common sense and character - - -  and morals.

• kelley and TomD like this

#16 themascot

themascot

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:58 PM

Sleepy, I think you are making the same mistake the Old Democrats have made for the past 30 Years. The Clarksville Tax Payers have paid for all those things. THEY are the one's that have made it all possible. Maybe you should be thanking them, since you are new to the area(from Chicago). Many of us have been paying for those things our whole life. Clarksville is Wonderful, you're welcome Sleepy.

Yes and pay we have.  When is the last time we've had different vendors in engineering, architecture, insurance, accounting and others?   Roadways where we could have received a couple of million in non-repayable funds instead of paying it back with our taxes.  Over $400,000 for  gasoline that wasn’t delivered. The list is endless and the amount we’ve paid for these goodies, goodies without any livable wage jobs, has been enormous.

Though a town manager answers to the council do you think their britches might get tight explaining some of his recommendations and oversight findings?

#17 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 03:59 PM

Little Tommy  who pocked money?  Tell me more??

Tommy  I have friends live in Jeff Sellersburg New Albany

All of them Love Clarksville.  No story.  Where would you rather live?

Which of the above is managed better.

Truth Hurts...

#18 TomD

TomD

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 04:03 PM

You will have to ask"my candidate" yourself.  His number is listed.

You seem to have him as #1 on your speed dial...have you suddenly lost the ability to contact him? 

#19 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 04:12 PM

Funny stuff. Clarksville is well managed. Speed dial...

#20 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 04:27 PM

No  I just want you to Man Up One Time and Call him if you have questions.

I have never hidden  the fact he is a friend and a good person.

He also has a great Family that has done a lot for Clarksville.

Edited by Sleepy, 30 October 2015 - 04:30 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users