2 replies to this topic

#1 Clarksville Voter

Clarksville Voter

Resident

• Account Closed
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:37 AM

In his flyer he states "iv'e Hired-New Police Chief-New Street Commissioner-New Redevelopment Director"

How could he, he is only 1 vote. Did Oz give him the power of Super-vote?

Weren't they already employed by Clarksville and got promoted to those positions?

All great promotions, but hardly new hires or done alone.

He also stated  HE "Stopped demolition of the Brown Station Way Overpass which would have been replaced with a traffic signal at Lewis & Clark Pkwy".

Does he have a plan to fix or replace it without costing Clarksville Tax payers lots of money without State grants in the future. I thought the state said the overpass lifespan was nearing its end and that's why they provided the opportunity for the grants. I hope his killing a major road project with State grants doesn't come back to bite the Clarksville Tax Payers in the butt.

Edited by Clarksville Voter, 26 October 2015 - 11:14 AM.

#2 TomD

TomD

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 02:40 PM

In his flyer he states "iv'e Hired-New Police Chief-New Street Commissioner-New Redevelopment Director"

How could he, he is only 1 vote. Did Oz give him the power of Super-vote?

Weren't they already employed by Clarksville and got promoted to those positions?

All great promotions, but hardly new hires or done alone.

He also stated  HE "Stopped demolition of the Brown Station Way Overpass which would have been replaced with a traffic signal at Lewis & Clark Pkwy".

Does he have a plan to fix or replace it without costing Clarksville Tax payers lots of money without State grants in the future. I thought the state said the overpass lifespan was nearing its end and that's why they provided the opportunity for the grants. I hope his killing a major road project with State grants doesn't come back to bite the Clarksville Tax Payers in the butt.

Just to clarify, the police chief and street commissioner were promotions of existing employees.  RD director was a new hire.

Politicians tend to exaggerate their importance sometimes, don't you think?

• themascot likes this

#3 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:24 PM

I have been saying this four months.  It takes 4 votes.

If the council did something good it takes 4 votes, Thank them.

If the council did something bad it takes 4 votes, blame them all.

I do not like elected officials who try to take the credit, it is not a one man show.

Like you say it was a promotion within the department. I agree.

Edited by Sleepy, 26 October 2015 - 05:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users