Photo

New Democrats backing away from Contract with Clarksville already?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Clarksville Voter

Clarksville Voter

Resident

• Account Closed
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 07:22 PM

Today's issue of "The Clarksville Democrat Special Edition has section dispelling rumors that people supposedly have started. 

#3 reads "Any decision on a town manager or chief of staff will come after serious review and only if it saves the town money".

I thought it was so important to give the citizens a choice in the matter with a survey instead or their vote?

If you don't think the citizens deserve the right, you should not have built the "contract" around it.

What if a town manager didn't save much or any money, but the town ran much better?

Might that be worth it?

Why the change now? Did someone talk to voters and not like what they said?

Are other "Contract" points on the chopping block also?

I also noticed the New dems were now trying to take credit for many of the major developments that happened during the time of the democrats that they want to distance themselves from. Having your cake and eating it too?

I thought the "Falls of the Ohio State Park" was a State funded and built park. I'm sure they were there for the ribbon cutting, but not much else.

Edited by Clarksville Voter, 23 October 2015 - 08:13 PM.

• themascot likes this

#2 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 09:09 AM

I have a question. How many of the "New" Democrats are actually new?

• Clarksville Voter likes this

#3 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 09:53 AM

Three to my knowledge.

#4 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 10:55 AM

Wonder why they're billing themselves as "new" if the majority aren't?

#5 TomD

TomD

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 11:35 AM

I have a question. How many of the "New" Democrats are actually new?

Three to my knowledge.

Four have previously been elected as Democrats to the council, and three of them were subsequently defeated.  All are connected to the Clarksville Democrat machine, prior gang of good ol' boy Democrat administrations, or have been supporters of the old Democrats...some more so than others.  Five are long time politicians.  But to say any of them are new is misleading at best, and dishonest at worst.

With all the negatives surrounding the old Democrats, you can't blame these guys for trying to convince the voters that they are new.  If I were in such an untenable position, I'd probably consider trying to call myself new, too.  Anything to divert attention.

It's too bad that 'New Clarksville Democrat' is mostly the same thing as 'Old Clarksville Democrat'.

From where I sit, it appears that all the truly 'new' aspirants for office are Republicans.

• GrumpyGranny, littletommy and Clarksville Voter like this

#6 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 01:20 PM

From where I sit, it appears that all the truly 'new' aspirants for office are Republicans.

From where I sit the only party offering something truly "new" is the Libertarian Party.
  • kelley likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users