36 replies to this topic

#21 Cheryl L Ross

Cheryl L Ross

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 11:37 AM

I f Mr Hall is defeated I would be more than happy to be on the Beautify Charlestown Committee,I am retired and would love to help in any way with a new council,If Little and Coomer leave,just tells me,do they really care about our city or the job,my opinion of course

#22 Ruth Ann Rawlings

Ruth Ann Rawlings

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 11:50 AM

masey, the kids did not receive any money this year.  Just the banners.  And yes, the go to City Hall to pick them up.  Bob Hall is the leader of the Foundation. 

•  

#23 Boss Lady

Boss Lady

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:34 AM

From Jeff Shepherd's face book page.....With only a couple of weeks left before what i would say is the most important election the City of Charlestown has ever had, there have been people still asking what im going to do to make the city better. Now i have posted on my Mayor page a few times of what i would like to do if elected, but for the few who still cant seem to find them, i would like to list some of the most pressing issues that i feel that needs the most attention.

Our Water. Our citizen's need and deserve clean water. We have dealt with a blatant disregard to fix this issue for too long. I am going to at least work hard to get a Treatment and Filtration Plant built.

Pleasant Ridge Area. There is no way i would take homes and displace citizen's, who have worked hard all their life to have something that they can call home, just because someone has a personal interest with the so called developer's waiting in the wings.

Facilities for our Youth. Our youth are our future and they deserve to have place's to meet and use for different sport's. Not like what we have now, that only cater to certain group's and age's.

Business Growth. Work hard to bring in business'es, small and large, to open up opportunities for people. And not try to dictate where they should be built just because it doesnt benefit someone's personal interest.

There is more that i would like to try to improve in time. Like making Founders Day bigger and better. Making sure we give hometown vendors an opportunity first before we use outside vendors. Be more diverse in musical talent. Adding more activities for people of all ages. Have more seasonal festival's that give the citizen's a chance to enjoy. Just a few things. I would like to hear other ideas from you, the citizen's of charlestown, on what you would like.

Thank you for taking time to read my post and i look forward to see your ideas.

#24 masey

masey

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 02:44 PM

Thanks RuthAnn. Did you know that the Economics class at the high school has a list of times Bob Hall needs kids to work at the polls? If the kids want to work polls for someone else they have to go to that person to see if they need help. Nobody else has turned in a list to them.

#25 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:38 PM

If this is factual, the principal should be immediately discharged.  Anybody out there able to confirm this?

Bob Hall is using CHS as a campaign tool; goes on year-round. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! 

• Old Pawpaw likes this

#26 Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:46 PM

Have any of you ever actually filed a complaint with the election commission or the state or even the county clerk's office? Lots of complaints about the train, city hall campaign hq, students, whatever else.

#27 Boss Lady

Boss Lady

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 05:53 PM

And who would be that teacher for that class? Is it the same teacher that was lying to her students that Jeff Shepherd was the one wanting to tear down homes not Bob Hall? And Jeff shepherd went up to the school after he heard this and is still wanting to see what the school does about it?

#28 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 06:01 PM

Dr. Melin has been fully informed about Bob Hall's inappropriate involvement in C'town schools.  He promised to put a stop to it.  He has not, obviously.  I question whether he even cares.

One of Hall's Council candidates is Ben Ledbetter, principal at New Washington High School.  I wonder if the same crap is going on up there -- soliciting schools kids to work at the polls.

#29 masey

masey

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 07:56 PM

It is a Senior class. The kids get the day excused if they work the polls for any candidate no matter the party. Bob Hall is the only one that has a list of times and places he needs people...I would think any of the candidates could do this. The student that told me this is in the class and said only a few had signed up so far. I don't know if they get paid or not.

#30 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:29 PM

Were ALL candidates informed by the school that they had the same opportunity?

#31 Newbomb

Newbomb

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 08:30 PM

There is no school on election day for Greater Clark students, so they would be able to work without having to be excused for the day.  Parent teacher conferences are being held that day instead of school.  

#32 masey

masey

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 10:11 PM

I will be seeing the student that told me this tomorrow and will ask about the day off. They just said they get an excused absent. I did not know school was out that day so didn't ask anymore about it. Don't know if candidates were informed, just that the sign up paper was Bob Halls and when they told the teacher they didn't want to do it for him they were told they would have to contact others themselves.

#33 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 08:33 AM

Thanks RuthAnn. Did you know that the Economics class at the high school has a list of times Bob Hall needs kids to work at the polls? If the kids want to work polls for someone else they have to go to that person to see if they need help. Nobody else has turned in a list to them.

Masey, the school is emphatically denying such a list was ever posted in any classroom.  Any way to prove otherwise?  Or have you been had?

#34 masey

masey

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:18 AM

Don't think I have been. Who did you talk with at the school? This was not posted. Teacher had the list.

#35 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 11:55 AM

I got info from a guy who said he called the school. I believe it's true, because the principal has let Bob Hall have free reign in his school. Hall has a city employee working at the school, as a "volunteer." Her husband is ? Vaughn, Hall's city council candate.

#36 Dougie

Dougie

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:44 AM

I'll tell my kids and grandkids (who have been helping me) that we're hardly even trying.

I live in your district and have never seen you. In fact I had to have somebody point you out at a public function to even know who you were.

Just to make sure I wasn't an outlier, I talked to my neighbors this weekend. None of them (4) had ever saw you around either.

#37 Ruth Ann Rawlings

Ruth Ann Rawlings

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:59 AM

Dougie, I posted my contact info.  Let me know if you have concerns or questions.

• Quasar likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users