15 replies to this topic

#1 Dougie

Dougie

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:35 AM

Last time a Democrat was voted in as mayor our Water and Sewer bills TRIPLED! Democrats for 50 years ruled Charlestown politics and the city has suffered for it. Being the laughing stock of Clark County. Democrat Mayors of Charlestown have always let Jeffersonville Democrats have their way in hopes of party favors and County wide election jobs!

Times have changed. Charlestown profile has risen. No more Jeffersonville whipping boy. Lets keep Charlestown future moving forward and not go back to Democrat crony politics!
  • Jason Broady likes this

#2 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:56 AM

Lord.  What rubbish.

#3 Dougie

Dougie

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 09:22 AM

When Mike Hall was Mayor Charlestown water and sewer rates tripled! Fact Jack!

#4 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 09:28 AM

Prove it. You can't, because it is NOT a fact. I respect your right to support Bob Hall, but you aren't entitled to your own set of "facts."  And my name is not Jack.

• Donna likes this

#5 Dougie

Dougie

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 09:54 AM

http://www.waterindu...er rates-19.htm

#6 Dougie

Dougie

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:01 AM

Only 108% increase! We should thank our past part-time Mayor.

#7 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:40 AM

Last time a Democrat was voted in as mayor our Water and Sewer bills TRIPLED!  Thank you, Dougie, for providing the evidence (your Post #5) that you mis-stated the amount of the increase.

#8 Dougie

Dougie

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 11:49 AM

I was using common core math that national Democrats crammed into schools where you round everything.

It took all of 30 Seconds to find that. But I am pretty sure the total bill of sewer and water under part time Mike nearly tripled.

#9 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 12:20 PM

Let’s take a step back and look at the bigger picture.  The rate increases cost 5,000-gallon users $426.60 more per year.  Bob Hall took office Jan. 1, 2008.  He kept the same rates for 2-1/2 years.  He then reduced sewer rates by $59.40 per year.  So . . . Bob Hall owns 86% of those rate increases.  Are you suggesting that the city, under Hall’s leadership, should return to the old rate schedule?  Is that part of his campaign platform?

#10 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 12:36 PM

Democrat Mayors of Charlestown have always let Jeffersonville Democrats have their way in hopes of party favors and County wide election jobs!

Funny you should mention this.  Based on the ads and campaign hand-outs from Bob Hall and his slate, the Clark Co. Republican Party is paying for practically everything but their signs. Using your assumption, Hall and his guys will let the County Republicans have their way, huh?

#11 Dougie

Dougie

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 12:59 PM

Don't twist the fact of Democrats cowtowing to the Clark county democrat party or Democrat Mayor raising sewer and water rates!

It's what Charlestown Democrats do. Call it a family tradition.

#12 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 01:29 PM

You started this thread with a rant about water and sewer rates being tripled.  You were proven to be wrong about that. You haven't responded to my post about Hall's ownership of 86% of the rate increase. That issue is subject to actual data.  I won't waste my time responding to your "cowtowing" hyperbole. Oldest trick in the book: Make accusations that are subjective opinions, then call them facts.

• Cheryl L Ross and Donna like this

#13 Cheryl L Ross

Cheryl L Ross

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 01:50 PM

Lol,Cityboy hmmm wonder who Dougie really is? Insider maybe,lol

#14 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 01:54 PM

Lol,Cityboy hmmm wonder who Dougie really is? Insider maybe,lol

Let's not start this garbage... it's against our rules and my patience with this web site is growing very thin recently... 

#15 Cheryl L Ross

Cheryl L Ross

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 02:07 PM

Lol,Democrats are bad he says,Funny when Clinton was in office we had no budget problems,matter of fact budget was great,Americans had money in their pockets.Now,hmmmm take a look at the country,Republicans have made the rich richer and the poor poorer,no more middle class,I forsee a Democrat becoming President this time again,The Republican party are fighting amongst each other,Dougie I don't know who you are nor do I care,but don't bash the Dems,take a look at your own party ,they wanted to oust their own Speaker of the House,it's time for a change and I believe the people of this fine City will agree,Brown water needs to go,and not with chemicals that someone says is not harmful,that I disagree with,Any chemical is dangerous if it dissolves metals,what will it do to you and your children in the future,no one can predict that!!! The answer to the brown water is a Filtration Plant,Why won't the Mayor decide on this?Don't you realize with nice clean,safe water how this would help build Charlestown,bring in businesses,what business wants to come here created their own filtration in their own place to insure safe water for their customers.Yes it costs money to build,but there are grants out there to help pay for the safety of people,all you need to do is look,apply and receive!!! Enough said,My family supports the Democratic Party.

#16 Cheryl L Ross

Cheryl L Ross

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 02:09 PM

Sorry Quasar ,I'm sick of the bashing also

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users