10 replies to this topic

#1 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:41 AM

Hopefully he's licensed to practice in Indiana too!

• kelley and Russell Brooksbank like this

#2 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:16 AM

I'd hire him.

Maybe for legal stuff too.

#3 Riverfool

Riverfool

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:22 AM

Wow, someone actually worse then the Kentucky Hammer and Tony Malito (Budget Car Sales).....

#4 Dave

Dave

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:35 AM

Wow, someone actually worse then the Kentucky Hammer and Tony Malito (Budget Car Sales).....

The ad is so over-the-top obnoxious I suspect it is an intentional satire of typical obnoxious lawyer ads. If so, I think it is very well done and quite funny. Since the ad (probably also intentionally) has gone viral, this guy's name is getting into people's heads all over - the whole point of advertising in the first place.

• kelley likes this

#5 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:50 AM

The ad is so over-the-top obnoxious I suspect it is an intentional satire of typical obnoxious lawyer ads. If so, I think it is very well done and quite funny. Since the ad (probably also intentionally) has gone viral, this guy's name is getting into people's heads all over - the whole point of advertising in the first place.

Playin' to the cheap seats...

#6 Dave

Dave

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:21 AM

He's playing to people who are in trouble and don't know who to call. If they can just remember "Law Hawk!" the ad will have served its purpose.

• kelley likes this

#7 Riverfool

Riverfool

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 10:19 AM

As annoying as those Tony Mailto Car commercials are a ton of people will always remember them. 

#8 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 10:34 AM

I would be willing to bet a substantial portion of his practice is comprised of personal injury litigation as well. I would also go double or nothing on what kind of programming he buys ad space in. I would bet these ads mostly run during Jerry Springer, TMZ, Cheaters and other such programming. Just like this one does...

But I'm not judging. I think these commercials are great. And like Dave, I recognize that these ads serve their purpose very well. I find the dance these law firms and insurance companies do to be disgusting. My wife was backing out of a parking spot a few months ago and tapped another car. There was no detectable damage to either vehicle but the driver of the other car called a lawyer FROM THE SCENE and eventually settled with the insurance company for $23,000. Who knows how many times she has done this.

Edited by Persona Non Grata, 22 October 2015 - 10:55 AM.

#9 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 03:27 PM

Next step....the Presidency!

#10 Oldgoat

Oldgoat

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 11:12 AM

It's hard for me to understand why anyone would call one of the out of town lawyers to handle their case. The Morgan and Moran ads make me want to puke.  From what I've heard in Florida much of their clout came from their association with former Governor and perpetual slimeball Charlie Crist.  There are plenty of fine attorneys locally and it defies logic to think that a firm with only tenuous local connection could serve ones needs as well as the locals.

Edited by Oldgoat, 24 October 2015 - 11:13 AM.

#11 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 06:00 PM

Funny commercial though!
  • GrumpyGranny likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users