6 replies to this topic

#1 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 08:41 AM

I know that many of you have received a flier from Bob Hall that has answers for your concerns about drainage.  It is typical Bob Hall fashion to wait until right before the election to address your concerns.  Bob Hall has had nearly 12 years years to fix your problems, and now, when he can see that he may lose some of his base voters, he has his engineers and surveyors working feverishly to convince you that he has a plan in place to fix your problems. Let me assure you that Bob Hall's only plan is to get re-elected!   If re-elected Bob Hall will suddenly find that the monies are no longer available and he will do you the same way he has done the Police ( they are working in a Police Station that is outdated and due to mold, a health hazard ) for the last 12 years he has promised a new Police station, also an empty promise that repeats itself every 4 years, Bob Hall uses your tax-payer dollars for his feel good projects, not to increase any Charlestown resident's quality of life or improve the infrastructure, but in an effort to insure that un-informed voters are kept in the dark !                                       Hidden River and Ashley Springs Residents Please don't be fooled by Bob Hall's last minute efforts to get himself, Ted Little, and Eric Vaughn and the rest of his "Team"  elected!  If elected you will get a re-peat of the same empty promises in four more years. If Bob Hall is elected the best advice for your area is to buy some life boats !

#2 ctownmom

ctownmom

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:46 AM

I will be so glad when this election is OVER.  I am sick of seeing these posts that are trying to scare people.  I'm not a supporter of either candidate, just a normal citizen.  I would like to hear what Jeff Shepherd will do if he is elected, instead of these constant fear mongering posts.  That is all...

• Oldgoat and Woodslover like this

#3 Cheryl L Ross

Cheryl L Ross

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 12:50 PM

If you look on Shepards timeline page,you will see what he wants to do,Rumor has it that Mr Hall has Church st,Morning side dr,West dr and a few others on his list to become his ''dream'',and believe it or not it came from a friend of Mr Hall who is Republican on his board,Lets hope this is a rumor.What we need is new businesses coming here,a new police station,water filteration plant and yes there are grants out there all of this,look,apply and you will receive!!!!! Charlestown needs to get rid of the ''brown water'' problem,Chemicals will do nothing but harm people in the long run,maybe not right now,but in the future problems can araise from these chemicals.Don't you think Mr Hall would get this problem resolved right away,not by using chemicals which we are told are save,I care to differ on this,no chemical is safe!!!   Build a Water Filtration Plant!!!!

#4 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 974 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 03:55 PM

I will be so glad when this election is OVER.  I am sick of seeing these posts that are trying to scare people.  I'm not a supporter of either candidate, just a normal citizen.  I would like to hear what Jeff Shepherd will do if he is elected, instead of these constant fear mongering posts.  That is all...

I don't think anyone enjoys reading some of the posts.  But the fear to which they refer is REAL, it's not a campaign gimmick.  If you live in Pleasant Ridge, you have been told by Mayor Hall that, if necessary, he would use Eminent Domain to force you to sell your house to a private developer.  AND, he instructed an appraisal firm to appraise your property as if it was a VACANT LOT.

I think any fair-minded person would conclude that those folks have good reasons to be fearful if Bob Hall and his slate are elected.

Edited by CityBoy, 20 October 2015 - 03:58 PM.

• Woodslover likes this

#5 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 04:06 PM

C'town Mom, if you are scared about what has been said on this forum, about Bob Hall, just maybe, you  are putting your fear in the right place ! As a normal citizen you have the right to know the truth about any candidate that is eligible to receive your vote.  If scaring people, in order to get their attention and to help them to see the truth about any person running for political office, makes one person reconsider their loyalties, then maybe any tactic short of lying is acceptable.

#6 Holy Cow

Holy Cow

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:47 AM

I read a book a while back called, "Rules for Radicals." It clearly depicts the tactics you describe as appropriate for getting the attention of people.

Scary...

#7 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 02:58 PM

Holy Cow, If the truth is scary, then I am sorry, but I believe the function of Forums is to inform. If Bob Hall does things that put fear in people,like trying to take their homes,every citizen of Charlestown needs to know.  The manor in which Bob Hall reaches his goal, matters not to him. He proves that he does not care how badly he describes the people and their homes,as long as he achieves his vision. it matters not to Bob Hall what the people think or how they feel, he kept the Good People of Pleasant Ridge in the dark and made the plans public,before he ever mentioned it to them, his very citizens who owned  the homes.  If Bob hall finds someone who has a difference of opinion from his, about anything, he demonizes and blames them for anything that does not go his way.  It is about time Charlestown, sees Bob Hall for who he really is -------- a Bully Who Will -------  Smile In Your Face all the while Trying to Take Your Place !  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users