Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 11:12 PM

Trump Draws the Curious, Protests, True Believers in Virginia
By Rebecca Berg
October 15, 2015

RICHMOND, Va. — Donald Trump is tired of reporters asking him when he’ll drop out of the Republican presidential primary, which he currently leads. So, on Wednesday, he raised the stakes.

“If I don’t win, I consider it to be a massive failure,” Trump said at a rally here.
In the heated summer of Trump, many Republican strategists speculated privately that the billionaire’s campaign would be finished by fall. After Labor Day, their rationale went, voters would start to take amore sober look at the candidates and conclude that Trump did not measure up or would tire of him.

But that hasn’t happened.

http://www.realclear..._va_128426.html

#3 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 11:17 PM

Trump Tones It Down at No Labels Event
By Caitlin Huey-Burns
October 12, 2015
Donald Trump, the GOP frontrunner known for insulting his rivals and eschewing political correctness, came to New Hampshire on Monday to talk about the need to get along.

At an event sponsored by No Labels, the bipartisan group founded by Democrat-turned-independent Joe Lieberman and 2012 Republican presidential candidate Jon Huntsman, Trump lamented a gridlocked Washington where “people aren’t getting together.” He praised the days of Tip O’Neill and Ronald Reagan, where leaders “got things done.” And he said the term “compromise” doesn’t have to be a dirty word if winning isinvolved.

The real estate mogul predicted that many of his rivals will soon drop out of the presidential race, “and when it becomes a different kind of situation, you’ll see I’m going to be much less divisive.”
http://www.realclear...ent_128387.html

#4 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 11:20 PM

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/

#5 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 11:21 PM

Edited by Savile Row, 18 October 2015 - 11:34 PM.

#6 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 11:23 PM

Donald Trump Meet The Press FULL Interview 10/4/2015

Edited by Savile Row, 18 October 2015 - 11:23 PM.

#7 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 11:27 PM

Edited by Savile Row, 18 October 2015 - 11:38 PM.

#8 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 11:28 PM

Edited by Savile Row, 18 October 2015 - 11:40 PM.

#9 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:27 PM

A story:

Joe Biden, Donald Trump, and Hillary Clinton walk in to a bar in Jeffersonville.

The bartender says: ______ _____ _____ ___ ______

:pinch: :sad:

#10 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 970 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 06:00 AM

Sorry, we're closed.
  • Donna likes this

#11 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 07:53 AM

A story:
Joe Biden, Donald Trump, and Hillary Clinton walk in to a bar in Jeffersonville.

The bartender says: ______ _____ _____ ___ ______

Drinks are on President Sanders.

#12 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 08:47 AM

Interesting piece by Conrad Black... 

How Trump Will Foil The Desperation Prayer Of Democrats, Liberals

Donald Trump — who, I should disclose, is an old friend, a fine and generous and loyal man, and a delightful companion — is striking very close to the heart of the American problem: the corrupt, dysfunctional political system and the dishonest press. My view, as persevering readers know, is that it all started to go horribly wrong with Watergate, when one of the most successful administrations in the country’s history was torn apart for no remotely adequate reason and the mendacious assassins in the liberal media have been awarding themselves prizes and commendations for 40 years since.

Ten times as many people believe Rush Limbaugh as Bob Woodward (and they are correct in that assessment), and Donald speaks in fact (obviously not ex officio) for many more people than Mr. Obama. I suspect the Bush-Clinton era, which had its moments, is ending, and that whatever happens next year, Donald Trump will have played an important role in it.

But the desperation prayer of the liberals — that he will split the Republicans — will not happen: He was never going to run as an independent, and the Republicans recognize how great a bloc of voters he can bring to them. To adapt George Wallace’s old phrase, he has shaken the American political system “by the eyeteeth,” and it will be better for it.

#13 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:17 AM

That's just great. The Republicans are going to go all in on Trump and then we'll have to spend the next eight years listening to them whine about having Hillary Clinton as President.

#14 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 10:35 AM

That's just great. The Republicans are going to go all in on Trump and then we'll have to spend the next eight years listening to them whine about having Hillary Clinton as President.

Nah... Cruz or Rubio appears to be more likely... besides, Hillary is going to be indicted...   :thumbsup:

#15 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 11:33 AM

Nah... Cruz or Rubio appears to be more likely... besides, Hillary is going to be indicted... :thumbsup:

God help us when this seems like a comparatively desirable outcome. Geez, I guess I'm rooting for Rubio now? Just shoot me.
  • IntegrityMatters, Quasar and Persona Non Grata like this

#16 IntegrityMatters

IntegrityMatters

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,993 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 12:51 PM

I was not impressed last night with Cruz -- or Rubio.   Trump, Carson and Fiorina appeal to people who are so very, very tired of the Washington establishment -- political elite.    It is time to elect someone who can get the job done without months and months of debating, meetings, conferences, summits, etc. etc.    The American political system is broken -- and electing yet another "politician" will only exacerbate the problem.   And, in my opinion, Bush needs to drop out asap -- the sooner the better.  He was pathetic last night.

• Quasar likes this

#17 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 01:45 PM

God help us when this seems like a comparatively desirable outcome. Geez, I guess I'm rooting for Rubio now? Just shoot me.

I never said it was a "desirable outcome"... I still like Rand but in this day of instant worldwide media and soundbites, his personality just doesn't seem to work for him... 

#18 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:04 PM

I never said it was a "desirable outcome"... I still like Rand but in this day of instant worldwide media and soundbites, his personality just doesn't seem to work for him...

I thought all that pandering to Republicans crap I hate might let him slip in under the radar, but he's getting the 13th floor treatment his dad did.

We see more Rand news because of the media market we're in. I see extra with the libertarian connection. He still seems invisible when the field is under discussion.

I said comparatively desirable. Compared to Trump and Hillary...it's too horrible to type. Cruz is so creepy and waxy and fundie and all kinds of no. Rubio is at least a little cute. That may be as good as it gets.

#19 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 02:14 PM

Rubio is at least a little cute. That may be as good as it gets.

With all of the things I've thought about Rubio... somehow I overlooked that part... lol 

I just can't imagine Trump as the nominee... it'll be interesting to see how things unfold over the next few months... 

#20 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 16 December 2015 - 04:26 PM

With all of the things I've thought about Rubio... somehow I overlooked that part... lol

I just can't imagine Trump as the nominee... it'll be interesting to see how things unfold over the next few months...

How could you miss that? Line 'em all up, and Rand and Rubio are clearly the cutest. Not sure if Rubio is also of Hobbit height though. A few inches taller than Rand and the two are at least tied in cuteness, Rand's curls and all. Trust me, I have the polisci degree.

Edited by kelley, 16 December 2015 - 04:28 PM.

• Quasar and CityBoy like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users