10 replies to this topic

#1 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 12:32 PM

Bob Hall claims that he has no plans to take the homes in Glendale Subdivision, although your area has been deemed Blighted under a resolution done years ago during Bob Hall's watch.(resolutions are like ordinances only resolutions are intended to be in place for only a short time) Bob Hall claims that Glendale was Blighted in order to receive grants to work on drainage problems, The Drainage problems have been addressed years ago and yet the Resolution is still in place. It could and should have been rescinded years ago after the completion of the drainage problems. Bob Hall has not tried to persuade the City Council to rescind the resolution because he wants to keep it as his " ace in the hole". If he is able to demolish Pleasant Ridge, no rational thinking person could believe that he would stop there, he already has Glendale Blighted !  Ashley Springs, Hidden River, and Donna Coomer's subdivisions all have drainage problems, do you think that the Mayor has tried to get these up-scale homes Blighted?  Glendale residents please don't be fooled by Ben Ledbetter and Bob Hall's explanation of why your area is still Blighted !      They will smile in your face, all the while planing to take your place ! 

• CityBoy and Cheryl L Ross like this

#2 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 06:27 PM

I may as well extend the warning to the left hand side of highway #3 heading north from Anytime Fitness all the way to the what use to be the Hospital. The area includes April Court, Birch Drive, Pine Drive, Maple Court, Edgewood Drive, 1st Street, 2nd Street, 3rd Street, 4th Street, and 5th Street. Bob Hall will not replace the Pleasant Ridge area with up-scale homes and allow sub-standard homes, ( Bob Hall may not include your home when speaking to you face to face but the home owners in Pleasant Ridge were told the same thing until the Mayor told them all or nothing ) by his standards to bring down the value of his new " High Class" homes. Bob Hall is using class warfare to change Charlestown, I hope everyone in the 2nd District realizes that George Roberts will support Bob Hall completely in whatever he wants to do.  Just remember, they will smile in your face, all the while planing to take your place !

• CityBoy and Cheryl L Ross like this

#3 Cheryl L Ross

Cheryl L Ross

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 11:13 AM

OldPawPaw,yesterday while doing some chores around the City,I noticed signs for Dan James missing.They were there a few days ago.I know there is a sign committee going around putting up signs for the Republicans.While on the subject of Republicans,I saw on the news that Senior Citzens receiving SS will not get a small pay increase this year,and of course who is in control of this,REPUBLICANS!!! Don't they realize these elderly depend on this,what the hell is wrong with this Gov? They want to raise Medicare also,I guess Warren Buffet was right,Republicans have killed the Middle Class and lined the pockets of the rich more,People lets make a difference come Nov 3rd,lets put the the people who care about the citizens of Charlestown and stop the horridious dreams of Mr Hall.VOTE DAN,RUTH,SAWYER,AARON,JEFF SHEPARD,these people care!!!!!

#4 Riverlover

Riverlover

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 04:41 PM

The Social Security Amendments of 1972 put a COLA (cost of living) provision in Social Security beneifts. The COLA was introduced by a Democrat, and while it passed with a majority vote, still the Democrats carried the House and Senate. 

#5 Cheryl L Ross

Cheryl L Ross

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 09:37 PM

Who carries both now Riverlover,REPUBLICANS!!!

#6 Riverlover

Riverlover

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 08:47 AM

Who carries both now Riverlover,REPUBLICANS!!!

And that has what to do with an act introduced and passed by DEMOCRATS in 1972? 

#7 Cheryl L Ross

Cheryl L Ross

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 01:09 PM

1972 Riverlover,we are now 2015 which is controlled by Republicans,How do you expect our Senior Citizens to live on SS with no increase,Republicans are saying..reason,gas has gone down,BIG DEAL look at the prices in your grocery store,Why is it so hard for you to reject an increase,for the actual people who made this country great,are you saying they aren't worth that little increase,yes I work for a living and I don't mind paying a little more to help these people,By the way Riverrat,this is my real name I don't hide behind a name no one knows

• Riverlover likes this

#8 Cheryl L Ross

Cheryl L Ross

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 01:10 PM

Opps I meant riverlover ,sorry truly

#9 Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 06:48 PM

Cheryl, the act passed in 1072 determines if a COLA is given each year following a formula. Its not always right in many peoples eyes but you can not blame the lack of a COLA on the republicans. Also in the act, the cost of Medicare part B premium can not be raised in years there is no COLA.

#10 Riverlover

Riverlover

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:24 PM

1972 Riverlover,we are now 2015 which is controlled by Republicans,How do you expect our Senior Citizens to live on SS with no increase,Republicans are saying..reason,gas has gone down,BIG DEAL look at the prices in your grocery store,Why is it so hard for you to reject an increase,for the actual people who made this country great,are you saying they aren't worth that little increase,yes I work for a living and I don't mind paying a little more to help these people,By the way Riverrat,this is my real name I don't hide behind a name no one knows

I'm confused. Can you please reply with quotes where I've said I'm perfectly okay with no SS increase? I'm not.

I simply stated the truth of where this all originated.

#11 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 08:59 AM

My intent when making this post was and is to inform Glendale Voters that the resolution that deemed the Glendale Subdivision " Blighted"

is still in place. I believe that the voters best bet, is to not back Bob Hall, because he easily could have ended any thoughts of them losing their homes, by simply rescinding the resolution that deemed the homes in Glendale "Blighted"  Bob Hall will not surrender the power that the resolution gives him, the ability to take the homes from the Glendale Residents, if he chooses to do it.

• Russell Brooksbank likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users