18 replies to this topic

#1 Irv

Irv

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 11 October 2015 - 09:59 AM

Changed my whole house water filters, like I do every three months, and the first filter in line was stuck in the housing by muck, minerals, and who knows what else. After some difficulty removing it I could see the bottom half of the filter was disgustingly coated with a half inch layer of blank gunk. The city administration has been treating the water system with Cleritas for four years now. It's not working and costing quite a bit of annually. I have heard $70,000.

It's election time again and this same administration is trying to run a train on us with this fallacy. The irony here is these family people purport themselves to be moral with our best interest at heart. Think about that when you walk into the voting booth to fill in that little arrow. Who has delivered this slimy water to our homes? Who has attempted to remove people from their homes? Who is ignoring a large section of the city, the West annex, though using their tax dollars to build sidewalks to nowhere? There are other inconsistencies too numerous to list here. Who would treat their family this way?

The time has come for change. The leadership here is demonizing the good thoughtful people on the council while their own behavior appears less than Christian.

I am reminded of Gandhi here when he said:

I like your Christ.

I do not like your Christians.

Your Christians are not like your Christ.

Let's all do what's right.

• moose, CityBoy, Lady Phoenix and 2 others like this

#2 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 13 October 2015 - 02:56 PM

:goodpost:

Good points, Irv.

No wonder Bob Hall and Donna Coomer have big smiles on the front page of that malicious flier.  Once again, they are using city property for political campaign purposes.  Who in the hell granted them the right to do that?  As for the other "new" Council candidates -- Ben Ledbetter, Brian Hester, and Eric Vaughn: Is this what you signed up for, to be associated with a mayor who has no moral center?  I certainly hope you have better judgment than to think it's OK to use city property to further your political campaign.  You have been used by Bob Hall.  Get used to it, if you are elected.

• Cheryl L Ross, Sleepy and Old Pawpaw like this

#3 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:21 AM

City Boy, you are absolutely right, BLACK WATER BOB will use any tactic to get elected,from lying about current City Council members all the way to placing his employee in our schools,  with the soul purpose of influencing our children.  His followers will continue to praise BLACK WATER BOB, in a way I can see where they are coming from, after all he does have the ability to turn Water into Oil !!!

• billyjack2682006 likes this

#4 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 09:43 AM

I just found a copy of the Charlestown Redevelopment Commission Minutes 08/17/2009.  Well Study:  Mayor Bob Hall said we will have a public hearing on the well study with manganese and we are looking at the Utica wells, Mayor Hall talked to the state, they want us to apply and get approved to move our wells to the Utica field.  We will have all new wells, lines and a four million gallon above ground tank.  This is a five million plus project, the cost to the city will be zero, it will be funded through stimulus money. We will do all the operations of the wells.    My question to BLACK WATER BOB is What the Hell Happened ?

#5 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 27 October 2015 - 03:12 PM

The wells at Utica have a filter plant, if we could have had this for free, who ever is responsible for Charlestown not moving to the Utica well field should explain this debacle to the Charlestown  Voters before the election.  Come on Black Water Bob, with all of your up state Republican connections and your abilities to hob-knob with the so-called Big Boys what in the world, other than your arrogance could have derailed these plans?

#6 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:13 AM

Well. the area of Charlestown that voted overwhelming for Republican Bob Hall, just so happens to NOT BE ON CHARLESTOWN WATER. They could care less if the residents of Charlestown who are on Charlestown Water have to put up with crap for water. All of the areas outside of our water system are evidently fine with others having to put up with Charlestown's Black Water. Our Mayor was elected by people who don't care about others, as long as it does not affect them personally they will continue to vote for a Mayor who panders to them and is able to get their support, not through infrastructure improvements but through a Clean Square and a Toy Train and some Christmas Lights, oh and I forgot a Big Picture of their Seniors.

#7 Holy Cow

Holy Cow

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:24 AM

So now we discredit those who voted? Is there a stopping point.?
  • ctownmom likes this

#8 Boss Lady

Boss Lady

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 03:31 PM

Charlestown has truly disappointed me. If we were one it wouldn't matter where you live you should have helped people out from YOUR town....nobody should be disrespected by Bob hall no one should lose their home no one should have to deal with shitty water. Now do you not think that Bob hall is going to run over everyone knowing that there was that much support for Jeff shepherd....do you know we may be without a police department since many of them are planning on leaving now....it's a shame we are letting one man do this to our town....I hope the people that voted for him don't have any regrets....the people that didn't vote shame on you you have no right to say anything hope you have somewhere to go when he takes your home

#9 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 04:55 PM

I'm very sorry things went the way they did for you guys. Sucks. Hard.
  • moose and CityBoy like this

#10 masey

masey

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 09:58 PM

I feel for Tina Barnes. I hope that the council will include her and the ones elected will think for themselves and not get pulled into things that aren't in our best interest. We are stuck with the water situation for a good many years.
  • moose, CityBoy and Ruth Ann Rawlings like this

#11 moose

moose

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:45 PM

I feel for Tina Barnes. I hope that the council will include her and the ones elected will think for themselves and not get pulled into things that aren't in our best interest. We are stuck with the water situation for a good many years.

I doubt she'll be included on anything because Bob won't allow that and he rules all.  Four more years of the Dictator, brown water, people living in fear of losing their homes, and out of control spending.  And I almost forgot his smirking face driving the train.  Oh joy!

Edited by moose, 04 November 2015 - 10:46 PM.

#12 Ruth Ann Rawlings

Ruth Ann Rawlings

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 04 November 2015 - 10:58 PM

I have faith that Brian Hester will do the right thing.  He has impressed me.  Heck, if I wasn't running against him. I would have voted for him!

• kelley, masey, moose and 2 others like this

#13 masey

masey

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 07:46 AM

I do think Brian will do his best. Didn't get to talk to him about the water but did other issues. It is some of the other council members I worry about because they are all so tied in to Hall and Coomer.
  • CityBoy likes this

#14 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 05 November 2015 - 05:16 PM

The mayor will move quickly to isolate Tina.  Based on past practice, he will take every opportunity to make her look foolish, and Donna Coomer will be uncooperative if Tina asks for information from her office.

It won't take long to learn what the new council members are made of, as Hall's treatment of Tina unfolds.  I think they are due the benefit of the doubt, unless and until their actions indicate otherwise.  

• kelley likes this

#15 Bikerdude

Bikerdude

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 07:44 PM

:logik: ......

http://www.wave3.com...ith-brown-water

14256965_G.jpg

:whistle:

#16 Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 05:54 PM

Did anyone else read the annual water report? It failed on E Coli.. they had I believe 21 days to correct it and failed again! In case you don't know, E Coli is the bacteria in feces that can and WILL make you very sick!!

#17 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 04 July 2017 - 08:08 PM

Lady, can you post the report?

#18 Lady Phoenix

Lady Phoenix

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:18 PM

Lady, can you post the report?

Looking for my copy, not sure where yhe kids put it.

#19 masey

masey

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 09:30 PM

Aug. 18 is an important day for the Charlestown water utility. It starts the process of deciding if it can be sold and if a special vote by the people will take place. Over 1,000 residents signed the petition against selling and want a vote on it. In case anyone missed it, city said they owned the wells but they do not....the mayor and councilmen have dug a hole and been very quiet about it. None have said oh gosh we were wrong.
  • CityBoy likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: water

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users