Photo

What are the most haunted places in Jeffersonville and Clark County?

Ghosts Apparitions Supernatural

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:16 AM

...uh, oh...the next meeting is Election day....
THE LOUISVILLE GHOST HUNTERS SOCIETY!
http://www.louisvilleghs.com/
Next Meeting Date: November 3, 2015
The Louisville Ghost Hunters Society will hold it's monthly meeting

the first Tuesday of November at Hibachi Sushi located at 5316 Bardstown Road.

Dinner starts at 7pm. and the meeting will follow at approximately 7:15.

Edited by Savile Row, 22 October 2015 - 08:34 AM.

#42 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:34 AM

Jeffersonville!

Industrial Terrorplex – 4 Haunts The Industrial Terrorplex is a complex of haunted houses in Jeffersonville, IN.

This place is always a great group of haunts to visit every year.

The Industrial Terrorplex features 4 different haunted houses all in one location!

These haunts include Industrial Nightmare, Dementions,

Infected and the CarnEVIL 3D.

FOUR incredibly scary haunts all in one location!

The 2015 Halloween season will be the LAST chance you get to experience

Industrial Terrorplex in Jeffersonville,

as the building is already sold.

Opens Sept 18, Fridays and Saturdays through September.

Also open Thursdays and Sundays starting Oct 8

and Wednesday through Saturday

on the week of Halloween.

Dates: Sept 18-Oct 31, 2015 Price:

Two Haunt Combo $20, All Four Combo $30 - See more at: http://www.louisvill...h.p8k4jQPk.dpuf

http://www.louisvill...ial-terrorplex/

Edited by Savile Row, 22 October 2015 - 08:35 AM.

#43 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 02:00 PM

In the late 1800's a man was murdered where Trail 3 is now at Charlestown State Park.

The will retell the story this Saturday as part of their Halloween programs.

Weather the trails haunted or not, IDK.

I spent a night at the Culbertson and spent a lot of time sitting in the 'childs cage' waiting for something to happen.  Nothing did.

When you "wait" for something to happen chances are they won't. Real spirits don't perform on command. They are just 'there'. You just have to be aware and open to what is going on around you.
My 'haunts' in this house that I have lived with for over 12 years are subtle.
They relish hiding things. They whisper to people who come visit...they were very active when I first moved in and when I was planning on moving out and changed my mind.
One has shown herself as a lady in a yellow gown coming down the stairs to one guest.
About 7 years ago friend's 6 year old grandson stood in the most active bedroom pointing at one of the only two closets in the house saying " Monster, Mommy, Monster!"
They only stay in the part of the house that is nearly 118 years old.
My dogs will sometimes lift their heads and follow something as it walks down the hall.
I have a friend who had his 3 cats here for awhile in my upstairs bedroom. One of them was frightened to death. There is an app. for your phone that you can "converse with ghosts". One night we got to playing with it and asked if there were ghosts here. It said yes. We started asking various rooms and it kept saying no until we asked about THAT room and it said yes. We asked if it was scaring the cats there and it said yes. We asked it to please stop because they were rescues and were very afraid anyway and did not understand. It answered yes. Believe it or not from that day forward the cats are fine and have never acted scared since.
I asked if my husband was here and it replied yes too. We asked other questions and it gave appropriate, expected responses.
I deleted by mistake and can no longer find it....it was awesome.
I think my spirits are 3 old ladies that used to live here plus others because they said it was haunted when they lived here.
This house was built by a lumberman for his daughter as a wedding gift.
They used to like to playing with the lights, scaring my contractors to death til I told them to stop... (I think that was my husband)
and the lady who used to clean for me said they would walk beside her and whisper but she could not make out what they were saying.
My friend was here alone in the house one day and heard footsteps upstairs...he wasted no time in leaving.
Things get moved around in the attic.
My ex-best friend stayed in the infamous bedroom and something tried to push her out of the bed onto the floor.
The last BIG occurrance was when I was in rehab for my knee and the caretaker for the house was in the library next to the birdroom and all of a sudden heard my African Grey, Jiya, strike up a conversation with a woman with a low voice. Everytime he would turn the tv down to listen they would stop and then start again when he would turn it up. This went on for 1/2 hour around midnight.
There is an app for your phone called Ghost Radar that shows up as dots if spirits are near. It is supposed to be for fun but I'll tell you one thing...if I turn it on at Krogers or Target or somewhere like that I get nothing...I turn it on in this house, particularly some areas, and it goes bonkers!
Welcome to MY haunted house on Riverside!
  • GrumpyGranny likes this

#44 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 02:25 PM

I will give everyone a word of warning here, and take it for what it is worth! DON'T EVER MESS WITH OUIJA BOARDS. They are not games, they are not for fun and rather or not you believe in the spirit world, the world of demons, heaven or hell...you have the potential of opening up a can of whoop a** with one of these things. Best to not have one in your house.
Don't let your kids dabble in black witchcraft, demonology or satanism.

There are a lot of silly movies out there about demonic possession but some are true. There is a book, a movie called The Demonologist. If you want to read about real demonic possession this is a good place to start.

Think twice about séances. They are dangerous if not done correctly. The bible forbids calling on the dead.
In regard to my talking to my spirits...I am not calling them, I am speaking to them that have chosen to remain here. I have spoken to a psychic about my deceased husband 4 times with awesome results, which I should not have done.

#45 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 02:28 PM

Jeffersonville!

Industrial Terrorplex – 4 Haunts The Industrial Terrorplex is a complex of haunted houses in Jeffersonville, IN.
This place is always a great group of haunts to visit every year.
The Industrial Terrorplex features 4 different haunted houses all in one location!
These haunts include Industrial Nightmare, Dementions,
Infected and the CarnEVIL 3D.
FOUR incredibly scary haunts all in one location!
The 2015 Halloween season will be the LAST chance you get to experience
Industrial Terrorplex in Jeffersonville,
as the building is already sold.
Opens Sept 18, Fridays and Saturdays through September.
Also open Thursdays and Sundays starting Oct 8
and Wednesday through Saturday
on the week of Halloween.I
Dates: Sept 18-Oct 31, 2015 Price:
Two Haunt Combo $20, All Four Combo $30 - See more at: http://www.louisvill...h.p8k4jQPk.dpufhttp://www.louisvill...ial-terrorplex/

Never went. Always wanted to go. I thought they tore it apart last year?

#46 toomanytoofew

toomanytoofew

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 04:45 AM

My family rented a house near Maple elementary school. The house was almost 100 years old , 2 or 3 years shy. I have a sister that has abit of the "second sight" as we scottish sometimes call it. She called me from up north (she lives 300 miles away) and told me that the house was not safe to get out. I told her she was mistaken it was a great older house. When the kids were at school and I would be in the kitchen which has a window and would see a shadowy man go past. At first I figured it was the meter reader fella. But my dogs acted strange they wouldn't like to go in the kitchen. After seeing the shadow the third day in the winter I ran outside and saw no foot prints in the snow. At first i just chalked it up to my imagination, but it continued to happen. My husband also saw a big shadowy figure as well.  I then started to ask my neighbor who was in his late 80's/early 90's  if he could tell me about the area, who lived in the house before us, too find out if their was anything strange. Come to find out that in the past a man killed his wife and then him self with a shotgun. My neighbor said that there was so much blood all over him ( he was the one who found them and called the police) that the cops thought he was hurt as well.

Def. not suprised to hear that Jeff is haunted.

#47 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 08:17 AM

Long running thread on a nursing forum, somewhat famous on the net, good Halloween reading.

http://allnurses.com...est-108202.html

#48 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,720 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 11:34 AM

Louisville parks...

http://www.wdrb.com/...tom-sawyer-park

#49 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:17 PM

Flashback: Ky., Ind. panic amid Martian scare
Jeff Faughender and Tom Heiser
October 28, 2015
Friday marks the 77th anniversary of Orson Welles's radio broadcast of "War of the Worlds,"

arguably the greatest Halloween prank of all time.

On Oct. 30, 1938, Welles set off a wave of anxiety across the nation as unsuspecting listeners reacted in horror while listening to descriptions of a devastating landing of "ferocious Martian invaders."

http://www.courier-j...scare/74730000/

#50 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:17 PM

http://www.gannett-c...-mars-front.jpg

#51 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:09 PM

My ghosts must be getting excited about Halloween...I am working on a wicked costume...first time I have done a latex full face prosthetic.
Anyway, went up to the attic on Monday...all well.
I have a row of colored bottles on a window sill on the landing facing West and today 3 were on the floor, 1 broken.
No way a bird can get in that room, it is an enclosed inner room from the rest of the roof.
Either they hate my painting or are encouraging me. I know I am not ready to go on Faceoff yet.

#52 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:02 PM

http://placesyoullgo...by-State-00.jpg

#53 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 10:17 PM

Henryville
Dan's Run - Resident’s in this fairly new housing district report experiencing their doors opening and closing by themselves, disembodied footsteps walking up and down hallways at night, footprints found outside bedroom windows, objects moving by themselves, and ghostly whispers.
Moutain Grove Cemetery-Pixley Knob Road and Cemetery Hill. A man named Daniel Guthrie was murdered and placed in a shallow grave. The grave is open from when his body was found and removed. The hole is near the edge of the woods. He was reburied in Mt Zion Cemetery.
Mt. Zion cemetery- The green Lady - in the early 1900's a young woman was killed on Henryville blue lick road after a terrible car accident and buried in Mt. Zion cemetery on the same road. it is said that she roams the cemetery, with a green glow to her. she will jump on your car if its parked in the cemetery at night(said to be looking for a ride home) and the green goo will still be on your car until you wash it off.

#54 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 07:47 PM

The
time
period
around
Christmas
and
New Year's
Eve
is
historically
a
great
time
for
Jeffersonville
haunting
visitations

well
into
the
cold
dark
January
eves...

Edited by Savile Row, 27 December 2015 - 08:19 PM.

#55 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 27 December 2015 - 07:53 PM

Cold winter's eves...
There is something very sinister about a forest, especially on a cold dark night.
 There aren't many places that set the atmosphere like a forest does.
Visibility is low, branches are breaking behind you
and that eerie feeling
that anyone or anything could be lurking
behind a tree just waiting for you to turn your back is a chilling thought......

Edited by Savile Row, 27 December 2015 - 08:06 PM.

#56 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 04:19 PM

If anyone wants a good psychic who knows what she is doing and is not a fraud, go to www.ocallah.net. I have used her (over the phone) 3 times and she is simply amazing. She is located in Michigan.
When I spoke to her this was in 2003-4 before I was ever on the internet or had even heard of Facebook so she was not able to read anything about me. The time period between my making an appointment and speaking with her, plus the fact that I called her, gave her no opportunity to do any research on me ahead of time.
She talked to me for 45 minutes telling me things about deceased members of my family as if she were actually talking with them, which I have a feeling she may have been doing , since she spoke of things that no one else would know.
I have referred others to her and they too, have had similiar experiences.
She tapes the session and sends you a copy.
It is time I set up another session with her...of the psychics I have seen and heard of she is the only one I trust.

#57 Ray Lawrence Parker

Ray Lawrence Parker

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 09:44 AM

Have you ever tried the one on Allison Lane? Just curious. I drive by there every day and have wondered how many people have gone there. I've never been to a psychic, but I have met a couple of people who seemed to have an amazing ability to know things they had no logical way of knowing.

#58 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 03:25 PM

Right now I believe the scariest place in Clark County is the Clark County Clerks Office.

There are always strange and unexplainable things happening there.  

I think it is time for an EXORCISM !

• jiyabird likes this

#59 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 04:32 PM

This nifty thread

is about the fun discussion of haunted local locations...

Please check out the election things thread that is newly started

upon which to opine about the way fun election process.

:angel: :bye:

Edited by Savile Row, 29 December 2015 - 05:31 PM.

#60 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,037 posts

Posted 29 December 2015 - 06:25 PM

Have you ever tried the one on Allison Lane? Just curious. I drive by there every day and have wondered how many people have gone there. I've never been to a psychic, but I have met a couple of people who seemed to have an amazing ability to know things they had no logical way of knowing.

No, I have not. I do not like psychics because I really do not want to know the future.
I reaced out to Ocallah because she can talk to the spirits and I was so devastated after losing my husbabd. Talking to him thru her gave me great comfort.
Even though it is against the Bible's teachings it was something I felt I had to do for my own peace of mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users