Photo

Why are the Charlestown Republicans not putting advertisements in The Leader?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 11:07 AM

I have to admit I know the answer to my Topic Title question. Dan James, and Jeff Shepherd purchased the front page of "The Leader" and are putting political ads there for the remainder of the political season, This infuriates Bob Hall, he has obviously directed his hand-picked Council Candidates to shun "The Leader" if he can't have the front page then he throws a hissy fit  and directs his Council to place ads any place other than the news paper ( The Leader) that Bob Hall thought he controlled, If elected Brian Hester, Ben Ledbetter, George Roberts, Ted Little, Eric Vaughn, and Donna Coomer will be nothing but a rubber stamp for Bob Hall and will back any and all proposals that Bob Hall can conceive no matter what.                                                                                                                                             So much for the City Council's job of acting as a check and balance.                                                         So much for having a Council that has it's own free will to decide what is best for Charlestown.                 If they are elected, I have some advise for Bob's followers, never disagree with him, follow the lead of Cathy Cash and ask Bob what he wants you to say and do on every subject and you and Bob will get along just fine!  If you don't believe me ask Donna Coomer if Bob Hall when defeated by Mike Hall did not ask her to resign. This proves how childish and selfish Bob Hall is, if he doesn't get what he wants, he doesn't care about Charlestown or the citizens.                                                                                       Kudos to "The Leader" for having the integrity to do the right thing and honor the rights of anyone to place a paid ad in "The Leader" and to position said ad on a first come first served bases. 

• Cheryl L Ross likes this

#2 Fact Checker

Fact Checker

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 05:39 PM

Bob Hall will win.  Not sure about all the council.  Would think Ledbetter would be hard to defeat.  Dems may have had a chance to beat Hall but not with a no name candidate.

#3 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 08:14 PM

Fact Checker, I certainly hope for Charlestown's sake you are wrong about the Mayor's race, Jeff Sheperd may not have a recognizable political name, but he is well known and well liked and I feel that if elected he will do an honest and open job of being Mayor.   Ben Ledbetter is a fine individual who I feel has made a terrible mistake in judgement.  By trusting Bob Hall and running on his ticket, he has aligned himself with a Mayor who's lies are malicious in nature and who uses his power and political position to take retribution against anyone who dares to publicly disagree with him or his vision. Ben Ledbetter has allowed Bob Hall to use his name and likeness on a political ad that tried to vilify Dan James, Ruth Ann Rawlings, and Jeff Aaron and use them as a scapegoat for his failed plans. Ben Ledbetter should have reviewed the material in the ad and checked it for accuracy before he allowed his name to be associated with Bob Hall's political lies!  The same thing is true of Donna Coomer, George Roberts, Brian Hester, Ted Little, and Eric Vaughn. all good people, who have allowed their names to be associated with a pack of lies.  Fact Checker if Bob Hall's candidates  would have taken advantage of your moniker and just Checked the Facts, maybe they would all re-think their un-dying, blind, support of Bob Hall !

• CityBoy likes this

#4 Boss Lady

Boss Lady

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 24 October 2015 - 11:25 PM

Pretty sure when Bob hall found out he couldn't get that spot in the leader he flipped out calling up there demanding to have that spot cause he's the mayor...but he was told that that spot had been paid for and didn't matter who he was that he wasn't going to get it....poor thing didn't get his way....and the only reason for them people to be on his ticket is so he can control them. Duh! I'll feel really bad for the die hard supports of Bob hall if he wins again and they see everything he told them was a lie... By then it'll be too late and Charlestown will be doomed

#5 Riverlover

Riverlover

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 October 2015 - 01:43 PM

Someone from the leader told you this?

#6 Dougie

Dougie

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 10:46 AM

Does anybody even read the leader anymore???

#7 Tina

Tina

Tinacious

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,739 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 04:08 PM

Does anybody even read the leader anymore???

I do.

#8 Dougie

Dougie

BANNED

• Account Closed
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:08 PM

Much like Ruth Ann the Leader doesn't come to my neighborhood:)

#9 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 06:47 PM

Much like Ruth Ann the Leader doesn't come to my neighborhood:)

Why you got a smiley face on that?

Are you glad she's not coming to your 'hood? Do you really want to talk to her?

#10 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 28 October 2015 - 07:18 PM

Why you got a smiley face on that?
Are you glad she's not coming to your 'hood? Do you really want to talk to her?

Just seems like someone wanting to cause trouble to me... and has now made my watch list...
  • GrumpyGranny and moose like this

#11 watkins

watkins

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 08:02 AM

I saw an ad for Brian Hester in the Leader last week. 

#12 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 30 October 2015 - 11:25 AM

Watkins, the republicans are starting to put ads in now, the reluctance to putting them in prior to now,  was in my opinion because Bob Hall had a hissy fit when he found Dan James and Jeff Shepherd beat him to the punch and have reserved the front page throughout the election. Bob Hall, when defeated by Mike Hall,  called Donna Coomer and suggested that she resign rather than work under any mayor other than himself. This is just another example of how infantile Bob Hall becomes when he does not get exactly what he wants, when he wants it.  Charleswtown needs to get rid of Black Water Baby Bob and elect a Mayor who will have an open mind and work with all of Charlestown to improve it.  Jeff Shepherd, if elected will bring civility and a open mind to the position of Mayor and eliminate Bob Hall's my way or the highway persona.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users