44 replies to this topic

#1 themascot

themascot

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:23 AM

In desperation and reflecting the tactics of the past Democratic Clique their successors from the farm system have resorted to spreading the lie that Republicans are going to privatize town services.  It leaves Republicans with little more than to fall back on the facts.

Street Department

With republican Paul Fetters blessing and working in conjunction with Brad Cummings dramatic cost reductions have been achieved while increasing training and services.  Take the trash pickup service.  Several routes have been taken away from a private company and are now performed by the Street Department resulting in savings of thousands.

Police Department

With Republican Tim Hauber working with Chief Mark Palmer our police force has become the standard of excellence not just in the county but it the area.  They have increased the number officers without increasing the cost via grants. In todays world more than ever they have received critical and much needed training, training they've never received before.

Summation

Obviously only a fools with mess with resounding success - - which reminds me of something.

Wastewater/Sewer Department

Right at 20 some years ago 6 Democrats including Charlie King voted to privatize this department and operation.  Interesting isn't it.  Perhaps they need to look in the mirror.  Wisely the council brought it back under the towns control.  Moreover, though not directly r3espsonbile as an individual, Paul Fetter urged a cost/benefit review of this operation in a work session for the council.

Back to Basics

Now can we focus on what's important starting with district/fair voting and a town manage of substance?

• GrumpyGranny likes this

#2 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 11:55 AM

C mon Mascot

I know you don't like DEMS but haaaaaaaa

All of the above GOOD things have been done with the DEMS in charge.

You can't do anything with 2 votes...

Who hired Palmer?   takes 4 votes???

MASCOT?????

6 voted 20 years ago Hmmmmmm  Do you Know who voted against? HAAAAA

Wisely the council brought it under control.   Again 4 votes  Thank the Democrats.

You should do the literature for the Dems.  You are making them sound great.  Wow

Edited by Sleepy, 05 October 2015 - 11:58 AM.

#3 themascot

themascot

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 08:22 AM

Thankfully I’ll be away and won’t have enlighten and to correct you.

You make an assumption I don’t like Democrats.  If you knew who I am you’d be surprised and know that isn’t true. 

I’m sure you don’t know the Democrats acquiesced to Fetter and Hauber naming Brad Cummings and Mark Palmer to their positions to allow the previous street department manager to retain his job and prevent a media hubbub.  Credit the Republicans for some progress.

Lastly are you into modern math?  6 Democrats of 7 councilmen, among them Charlie King, voted to PRIVATIZE the wastewater department.

Again let’s stop the lies going around about Republicans wanting to privatize town departments and place the spotlight on significant subjects providing positive impact such as having a town manager and district voting.

• GrumpyGranny likes this

#4 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 01:59 PM

A deal was cut by the 2 Repubs

Hmmmmmmm

So what was the vote 4-3????

I know election math..  4 votes rule the world.

Mascot > You are correct, I don't know the goings on of all past and present.Clarksville Politics

I just like to debate 

But I can sure check with a few council people both Dem and Rep and see if your story

holds water,  deal was made for 2 positions to demote 1 position.  I will check ya out.

Enjoy your day.

#5 themascot

themascot

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:12 AM

A deal was cut by the 2 Repubs

Hmmmmmmm

So what was the vote 4-3????

I know election math..  4 votes rule the world.

Mascot > You are correct, I don't know the goings on of all past and present.Clarksville Politics

I just like to debate 

But I can sure check with a few council people both Dem and Rep and see if your story

holds water,  deal was made for 2 positions to demote 1 position.  I will check ya out.

Enjoy your day.

By now you know what I said was true.  

You're also ignoring the topic as the recent publication of a Democratic newsletter again states Republicans want to privatize departments.  It's a lie and you know it.  Will you admit to it and ask the publisher to stop spreading lies or will you do anything to win.

Again read my first statement on this topic pointing out again, factually, that Democrats were the last ones to privatize a town department.

• Clarksville Voter likes this

#6 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 11:15 AM

I don't get newsletter what are you talking about.

#7 Clarksville Voter

Clarksville Voter

Resident

• Account Closed
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:45 PM

With my sadly inadiquit education I was able to to some research, like you are always talking about doing and gathered some facts, also like you like to request of others. I think he is talking about "The Clarksville Democrat" publication, Vol. 1 No.4, it is sent to residents of Clarksville who have a mailing address, maybe only to registered voters who have mailing addresses. The title of the story is "You can make a difference in this election". Paragraph 3(i think they are called paragraphs), the first sentence reads "There are people on opposing tickets  who have stated publicly that they want to privatize much of government". Now that I have done your research maybe you can figure it out and give Clarksville your take on this.

#8 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:49 PM

Not my research...

I do my own.

I do hope the research will make you a more informed voter.

#9 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:52 PM

With my sadly inadiquit education I was able to to some research, like you are always talking about doing and gathered some facts, also like you like to request of others. I think he is talking about "The Clarksville Democrat" publication, Vol. 1 No.4, it is sent to residents of Clarksville who have a mailing address, maybe only to registered voters who have mailing addresses. The title of the story is "You can make a difference in this election". Paragraph 3(i think they are called paragraphs), the first sentence reads "There are people on opposing tickets  who have stated publicly that they want to privatize much of government". Now that I have done your research maybe you can figure it out and give Clarksville your take on this.

The folks who put out "The Clarksville Democrat" must pick and choose who to send the newsletter to. My family and I live in Clarksville, have a Clarksville mailing address,  and there are several registered voters in our household but I can't remember ever receiving this newsletter.

#10 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:55 PM

Im sure they do.

Grumpy I believe you can read them on the Clarksville Democrat Website.

That is how I found them.

#11 Clarksville Voter

Clarksville Voter

Resident

• Account Closed
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 12:56 PM

It came in my mail last week. Their website hasn't loaded vol.4 yet. The first 3 are there

• Sleepy likes this

#12 Clarksville Voter

Clarksville Voter

Resident

• Account Closed
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 01:05 PM

Maybe they only send them to Democrats?

• Sleepy likes this

#13 TomD

TomD

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 03:17 PM

The title of the story is "You can make a difference in this election". Paragraph 3(i think they are called paragraphs), the first sentence reads "There are people on opposing tickets  who have stated publicly that they want to privatize much of government". 

The last privatization that was done was to privatize the operation of our sewer treatment plant...by the Democrats.  Since a couple of Republicans have been on the council, the sewer plant operation has been un-privatized (is that a word?), and much of our contracted garbage collection has been taken back by the town.

Unfortunately, the writer of the article in the mailer surely knows his statement is false but chose to print it anyway...that shows desperation, and a win-at-any-cost attitude.  Too bad.

• Clarksville Voter likes this

#14 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 04:36 PM

The sewer plant could not be un-privatized by 2 people.

Tom you are the one looking desperate.  It takes 4 votes to 

get something done or undone as you say.

Two people can not do anything, please stop selling us this

untruth that 2 republicans did this.

The council (4 or more) gets the praise or the blame.  

#15 Clarksville Voter

Clarksville Voter

Resident

• Account Closed
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 05:15 PM

The sewer plant was not un-privatized by only 2 people. It was by 2 people and the embarrassment 20 plus years of the gang not having any oversite of certain operations. Sleepy you may be new Clarksville and to the operations of the town boards in the past, but you need to learn about it and understand why there was such a big change 4 years ago. Starting 4 years ago town board action were finally brought out of the backroom and into public site. That is the reason for the need to be NEW DEMOCRATS, and the reason old ones didn't run again. If it weren't for the 2 votes you keep talking about, there would have been no changes. There weren't for 20 years before, so why now? There now were people standing by that weren't your partners in fleecing the town. 2 people are the force behind the great changes that have been made in the past 4 years. 

• GrumpyGranny and Tina like this

#16 Clarksville Voter

Clarksville Voter

Resident

• Account Closed
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 07:17 PM

Sleepy ask your guy what he would do at his work if 100's of thousands of dollars were stolen at his work under his watch? Would there be an internal investigation? Would somebody lose their job? Would he lose his job? Would he be responsible for the money not recovered? Would anyone? But at a town I guess its looked at like its not really your money, so lets just act like it didn't happen. The only action taken was by people from outside Clarksville and only on the major issues. Nothing was done to make sure it didn't happen again or to see who else was part of it. Something that big over so many years, one person? Really??? No one else knew or was involved? Ask around. See if your contacts can help. It good to know history to help prevent repeating it. This history changed the name Democrat in Clarksville. Will your guys make things even better or go back to the old days. Some  of the New Democrats were on watch during those years, will they know what to look for now? Did they then? The voters of Clarksville were finally mad enough for a change. Do they still remember?

#17 TomD

TomD

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:26 PM

The sewer plant could not be un-privatized by 2 people.

I never said that it could.  I only said it did not happen until 2 Repubs were on the council. 

Tom you are the one looking desperate.  It takes 4 votes to 

get something done or undone as you say.

Two people can not do anything, please stop selling us this

untruth that 2 republicans did this.

Go back and re-read what I posted verrry slooowly.  :laugh:   I did not say that 2 Republicans did it. I only said that it did not happen until 2 Repubs were elected to the council.  Please don't continue to intentionally distort what I post.  :dry:  

The council (4 or more) gets the praise or the blame.

Yes, of course.  Which 4?  

#18 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:45 AM

Clarksville Voter

I know the answer.

They had a situation at his work before, it was all 

over the news.  Maybe you remember.

Person was prosecuted and terminated.

Next question.

#19 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 07:48 AM

Tom

Using your logic I could say the following.

1. We never had a beautiful town Hall until democrats came in.

2. We never had a beautiful town pool until democrats came in.

3. We never had a beautiful little league until democrats came in.

4. We never had 6 million in the insurance account until democrats came in.

5. Beautiful parks and golf courses not until democrats came in.

6. Vetrans parkway not until democrats came in.

Need I say more.

The truth is the Truth Tom D.

Clarksville is a Great Place.

#20 Clarksville Voter

Clarksville Voter

Resident

• Account Closed
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:00 AM

All tax payers paid for those items.

0 user(s) are reading this topic