17 replies to this topic

#1 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:07 PM

I think the person who has been stealing my signs from the vacant lot on Veterans Pkwy is being very childish. I think it odd that they removed every sign except the Republican ones. What are you afraid of? I have permission from Mr. Ballew to put signs on his property. What you are doing is illegal. You will be caught. In the interest of maturity, please stop.
  • Donna likes this

#2 clarkcoconstituent

clarkcoconstituent

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 06:34 PM

That is a frustration every person running for office experiences. It could be an opponent, it could be a property owner, could be a neighbor who doesn't support a party, or just a dumb*** kid who thinks its funny. Lots of signs disappear on Halloween too! There are lots of immature people in this world, and there is no way to stop them. You need to account for that in your budget.
  • Russell Brooksbank likes this

#3 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:01 PM

I have. I just think it's childish.

#4 Dave

Dave

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 478 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:06 PM

It isn't childish, it is a criminal act.

BTW I saw a car pimped out in Russell Brooksbank posters in the parking lot of Rural King a couple of weeks back. Looking sharp. I was in a bit of a hurry or would have waited around to introduce myself. Good luck in the election*.

*I can't back that up with a vote - you won't be on my ballot

Edited by Dave, 21 September 2015 - 09:07 PM.

• kelley, Donna and Russell Brooksbank like this

#5 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 09:40 PM

I would have very much liked that. I've met some folks from the Chatter. All good people. We may argue, fuss and fight, but what family doesn't?
  • Dave, GrumpyGranny and jiyabird like this

#6 clarkcoconstituent

clarkcoconstituent

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 11:38 PM

It isn't childish, it is a criminal act.

BTW I saw a car pimped out in Russell Brooksbank posters in the parking lot of Rural King a couple of weeks back. Looking sharp. I was in a bit of a hurry or would have waited around to introduce myself. Good luck in the election*.

*I can't back that up with a vote - you won't be on my ballot

It's unfortunate no one enforces it because no one is ever caught, or...when they are, nothing happens.

Edited by clarkcoconstituent, 21 September 2015 - 11:40 PM.

• Russell Brooksbank likes this

#7 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:33 AM

I just got a call from the Clarksville Police Department. Kudos are in order. They arrested 3 people last night stealing political signs. Let's just hope that they aren't connected with any particular campaign.
  • IntegrityMatters, GrumpyGranny, kelley and 2 others like this

#8 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 10:35 AM

I think all parties are losing signs.

Hope the police  keeps up the good work.

Edited by Sleepy, 24 September 2015 - 10:35 AM.

• kelley, Donna and Russell Brooksbank like this

#9 TomD

TomD

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 07:03 AM

I just got a call from the Clarksville Police Department. Kudos are in order. They arrested 3 people last night stealing political signs. Let's just hope that they aren't connected with any particular campaign.

Have you found out any connections of candidates or political parties with the culprits?

#10 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 07:19 AM

From the NT article by Elizabeth Depompei, the three men said it was just a prank. The signs were of several candidates from different parties. The picture accompanying the article shows 7 signs; all look different so I assume from 7 different candidates. All three parties seem to be represented. Equal opportunity thieves...

http://www.newsandtr...eb829769e0.html

• Donna likes this

#11 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 10:10 AM

I'm not sure I'm buying the "prank" motive. This is no prank. I can't prove anything. So I will just say that as long as it stops I'm cool. Or maybe I'll sue them for violating my right to free speech.

Edited by Russell Brooksbank, 25 September 2015 - 10:20 AM.

#12 TomD

TomD

Commissioner

• Moderators
  • 1,076 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 07:02 AM

From the NT article by Elizabeth Depompei, the three men said it was just a prank. The signs were of several candidates from different parties. The picture accompanying the article shows 7 signs; all look different so I assume from 7 different candidates. All three parties seem to be represented. Equal opportunity thieves...

http://www.newsandtr...eb829769e0.html

Take a close look at the photo of the signs.  The Dale Popp sign is not current...it is at least a year old, since the race for township trustee was last year (2014).  So, throw that one out.

Of the current political signs in the photo that were stolen, only one is a democrat...the rest are Republican or Libertarian.

Now think.  Which of the 'new democrats' strongly dislikes any member of another party, and also dislikes Kelly Conn.

Do any of the sign thieves have a connection to that 'new democrat'?

It would be interesting to know the answer.

#13 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:42 AM

Take a close look at the photo of the signs.  The Dale Popp sign is not current...it is at least a year old, since the race for township trustee was last year (2014).  So, throw that one out.

Of the current political signs in the photo that were stolen, only one is a democrat...the rest are Republican or Libertarian.

Now think.  Which of the 'new democrats' strongly dislikes any member of another party, and also dislikes Kelly Conn.

Do any of the sign thieves have a connection to that 'new democrat'?

It would be interesting to know the answer.

hmmm..... a year old prank?

#14 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:18 AM

Russell have you been asked to remove your sign at the softball field

on town property??

#15 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:08 AM

I was under the impression that the town had already removed all signs not in compliance with our ordinances. This includes yard sale, baby shower, birthday party, help wanted, real estate, political or any sign from public property. If you spot one then please call the Building Department and they will dispatch someone to remove it ASAP. At least that's what I was told. I will drive by the softball fields and if the sign hasn't been taken down then I will do so. I need to put one on Mr. Ballew's property down the street anyway. Thanks.

Edited by Russell Brooksbank, 28 September 2015 - 10:22 AM.

#16 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 04:09 PM

I think it is so irresponsible to not remove yardsale signs if you love your city.
I know, of the few yardsales I have had, the first thing I do, either the same night it ends or the next morning, I go around and remove each and every one.
I am afraid that abuse will lead to a ban on all.

#17 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 03 October 2015 - 06:08 PM

Well, that's the legal stance of the Town of Clarksville at the moment. No signs, this includes yard sale signs, will be permitted on municipal property.

#18 themascot

themascot

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 35 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 09:15 AM

My hats off to all the candidates as they have refrained from polluting our town further by placing untold number of signs on the public places.  Thank you.

• kelley and Sleepy like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users