104 replies to this topic

#41 CityBoy

CityBoy

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 973 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 11:21 AM

Wow... James O'Keefe  New York Times.  That's some damaging info right there now.   :laugh:

#42 Savile Row

Savile Row

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,922 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 01:53 PM

Clinton aide Huma Abedin faces questions on Benghazi attacks
Associated Press
By MATTHEW DALY

WASHINGTON (AP) — A special Republican-led House panel questioned a longtime aide to Hillary Rodham Clinton about the deadly 2012 attacks in Benghazi, Libya, despite Democrats' insistence that Huma Abedin had little knowledge about details of the terror strikes.

Abedin is vice chairwoman of Clinton's campaign and was a top State Department aide when Clinton served as secretary of state. She also worked in Clinton's Senate office.

http://news.yahoo.co...-politics.html#

#43 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 02:08 PM

that questioning was today. and chairman gowdy did not attend. pretty peculiar... just trying to distance himself from a partisan witch hunt.

what better proof:

"She had no policy responsibilities, no operational responsibilities and was not with Secretary Clinton on the night of this phenomenal tragedy," Cummings told reporters after breaking away momentarily from the day's proceedings.

Edited by snowman, 16 October 2015 - 02:13 PM.

#44 Oldgoat

Oldgoat

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 10:50 PM

that questioning was today. and chairman gowdy did not attend. pretty peculiar... just trying to distance himself from a partisan witch hunt.

what better proof:

"She had no policy responsibilities, no operational responsibilities and was not with Secretary Clinton on the night of this phenomenal tragedy," Cummings told reporters after breaking away momentarily from the day's proceedings.

Ha!  You lefties are so funny!  I guess Watergate, Iran-Contra, the Dan Rather Lie-gate, and the Scooter LIbby deal were all just efforts by the Democrazi Party to do their civic duty?  Give it a break!  Hillary has lied at every turn, violated numerous US laws involving Benghazi and the leaking of classified info through her e-mails and just about any other unethical thing you can think of.  If she was a Republican she would be wearing stripes right now.  Of course it's political!  Just like every other "scandal".  Are you trying to insult our intelligence?   You've been hanging around liberals too long!

• kelley likes this

#45 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 12:11 AM

Ha!  You lefties are so funny!  I guess Watergate, Iran-Contra, the Dan Rather Lie-gate, and the Scooter LIbby deal were all just efforts by the Democrazi Party to do their civic duty?  Give it a break!  Hillary has lied at every turn, violated numerous US laws involving Benghazi and the leaking of classified info through her e-mails and just about any other unethical thing you can think of.  If she was a Republican she would be wearing stripes right now.  Of course it's political!  Just like every other "scandal".  Are you trying to insult our intelligence?   You've been hanging around liberals too long!

Watergate: Burglars, hired by Nixon's campaign break in to DNC HQ.  Nixon raises money pay off the burglars so they won't talk.

Nixon goes to extensive lengths to cover up.   That wasn't a dem conspiracy theory.  George Bush, goes to Nixon and asks him to

resign for 'the good of the party"  I don't think you can blame that on Dems.

Iran-Contra:  Reagan's administration trades guns to Iran (as pay back for releasing hostages) the money is used to fund the Contras who are 'fighting communism' but for whom such financial aid has been explicity forbidden by US law.  Reagan denies knowledge of this for months. Then makes the most stunning political excuse in years when it becomes crystal clear he did know.

"I told you (the American Public) I didn't know about this. My heart tells me this is true. But, the evidence shows it is not."  He says this with a straight face is  forgiven by the Right.  He is a hero. In any case,  this was not a Dem 'conspiracy'. 

Scooter Libby:  The preponderance of opinion in the intelligence community is that aluminum tubes that Iraq has are NOT for atomic weapons.  Bush claims they are.  A document is sold to Brit intelligence that appears to show 500 tons of yellowcake is sold to Iraq by Niger.   Joe Wilson, former Ambassador to Iraq who faced down Saddam when he threatened Americans,  and who has major connections in Niger is sent to Niger to investigate the Yellowcake 'deal'.  He determines no such transfer occurred.  Meanwhile, the document claiming a transfer is clearly determined to be a forgery.  Still,  to sell the war, Bush bases his claim that WMD is in Iraq on the two discredited 'claims' in his 2003 State of the Union speech.   Joe Wilson, later, writes an article stating he had found no Yellowcake deal. It's published in the NY Times.  As it happens, his wife is a CIA agent tasked with fighting the proliferation of WMD

throughout the world.  Even though it is a Federal Crime (and a great betrayal of American Intelligence) to 'out' an agent,  Scooter Libby and Karl Rove do this to 'revenge' against Joe Wilson.  Bush's Atty. General appoints Patrick Fitzgerald, the tough no nonsense prosecutor who took on the first WTC terrorists to investigate.  Scooter is indicted and convicted.  Dick Cheney bitterly lobbies George Bush to pardon his 'right hand man' in the closing days of Bush's term.     This was not a Dem Conspiracy. 

FYI,  it appears to me that  the US was running a secret op to establish its 'chosen'  groups to establish a decent government

in Libya after the fall and death of Gaddafi.   Of course, in such an enterprise, there is a  lot that is 'classified' and cannot be

referred to honestly by public officials.   This obliqueness is being used as a lever by the Right to claim all sorts of outrageous

crap because the true answers are not allowed to be provided.   Repubs KNOW this and are exploiting the situation anyway.

That's why I cannot respect it.   Now we have two Repub congressmen and one committee investigator (with military rank

and credentials BTW)  going public or stating that it is intended as a 5 million dollar exercise in destroying Clinton. 

Republicans said this.  Not Dems.  

Draw your own conclusions.

• RiverFox, snowman and Donna like this

#46 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 07:18 AM

I second what Pesty said above.  And for those who are gulping the GOP koolaid on this...  be careful, that stuff is toxic.

• Donna likes this

#47 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 08:03 AM

Let's not forget that the GOP decreased funding for embassy security starting in 2010.

• Jules, snowman and Pesty Version 2 like this

#48 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:38 AM

Trey Gowdy: "SHUT UP"  to his fellow R congressmen exposing this investigation for what it really is... a politically motivated hit on Hillary Clinton.

• Donna likes this

#49 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 05:32 AM

In his letter back to Cummings, Gowdy confesses... he altered documents by adding redactions.   And all the while using that evidence of redaction to bolster his claim that Hillary had received classified material.  The CIA has confirmed the information WAS NOT CLASSIFIED...

What a frickin piece of work that man is. Wow.

• Donna likes this

#50 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 11:35 AM

How's that Benghazi hearing going?

#51 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 08:27 PM

Thank you Republicans on the Benghazi committee... Did Hillary an awesome favor by hiliting her intelligence, grace, strength... showing the everyone just how awesome she is.  She couldn't have bought coverage like this at any price.  And some Bernie supporters are seeing the light.

And this, i mean can you imagine, harping on the Blumenthal connection for so many hours... and then having the non-balls to not release his testimony?  I mean, come on.  Someone said they're not concerned with what he said in his answers so much as they are with showing people the questions they asked him. After listening to this today, I believe that.

• Jules and Pesty Version 2 like this

#52 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,465 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 10:12 PM

I'm not sure how anyone, marginally in the know, could support this "investigation."  A political machine, without a shred of evidence, except that which they doctored, can be believed. 

• Jules and Pesty Version 2 like this

#53 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:18 AM

I'm still waiting for an explanation of why Clinton, Obama and others lied to the American people about attack... YouTube video... protest turned bad... smh...
  • Beading Lady likes this

#54 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:41 AM

I'm still waiting for an explanation of why Clinton, Obama and others lied to the American people about attack... YouTube video... protest turned bad... smh...

Do you have a theory?

#55 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:46 AM

Do you have a theory?

Sure... same old theory...

Clinton / Obama lied in order to protect Obama during the election... after yesterday, it's pretty much a fact...

http://www.wsj.com/a...1MzI1MzgyODMyWj
  • Beading Lady and CityBoy like this

#56 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:59 AM

Sure... same old theory...

Clinton / Obama lied in order to protect Obama during the election...

And how does that work? How did the "lie" "protect Obama"? In other words, why would the voters find the cartoon story that much more palatable than the truth?

#57 Jules

Jules

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 09:20 AM

At the end of the day HRC handed them their a$$ on a plate.

As well as showcasing that the Republican party ( at least that faction of it ) is utterly inept and incapable of running an effective Congressional hearing.

It was both a pleasure and an embarrassment to watch.

• Pesty Version 2, Donna and Persona Non Grata like this

#58 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 09:25 AM

At the end of the day HRC handed them their a$$ on a plate.

As well as showcasing that the Republican party ( at least that faction of it ) is utterly inept and incapable of running an effective Congressional hearing.

It was both a pleasure and an embarrassment to watch.

Jules do you have a theory about why Clinton lied to us for a couple of weeks about this deal?

#59 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:28 AM

So, Obama won by 3,000,000+ popular votes. And we're supposed to believe that a different version of the Benghazi story would have thrown them all to Romney?

#60 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 10:58 AM

So, Obama won by 3,000,000+ popular votes. And we're supposed to believe that a different version of the Benghazi story would have thrown them all to Romney?

I have no idea...

However the conspiracy to lie to America is obvious... what other reason is there other than Obama's concern of the election?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users