104 replies to this topic

#21 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:08 AM

Yea, they refused to work with the Democrats that tried everything in their power to stop the investigation, that refused to turn over documents, that refused to testify... You can't be serious!  If a Republican had stood up in front of America and the world and KNOWINGLY blamed an innocent film maker for the attack when they knew it was coming for weeks, they would have been impeached within 6 months.  Obama and Hillary lied, repeatedly to the American people.  They should go to jail!

nobody ever blamed a filmmaker... the film in question did cause riots in the middle east during the same time period.

"when they knew it was coming for weeks"... where do get this stuff?

#22 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 05:17 AM

nobody ever blamed a filmmaker...

Really?

Just change history to fit the story.....

#23 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:18 AM

Lol. Both "sides" are full of it. It was most certainly blamed on a filmmaker; it's not been shown they knew it was coming for weeks.

Something about the word Benghazi makes partisans extra nutty.

#24 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:35 AM

Really?

Just change history to fit the story.....

LOL... i said it was blamed on a film not the filmmaker... how is that changing history?

#25 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 06:37 AM

the film was seen all over the middle east and there were riots the same time as benghazi... that is the fact.

please prove that these folks who did the massacre did not see the film. 

#26 woo

woo

Key Club

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,722 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:10 AM

Honestly, There is no need.

I believe most folks realized it was a BS cover story the moment the lie was told.

I have spent time in the middle east, these folks do not spend all day online looking at you-tube videos, they are more concerned with scratching out a living.

• Beading Lady likes this

#27 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 02 October 2015 - 07:32 AM

I was under the impression that certain factions of the Muslim faith get enraged by depictions of the Prophet Muhammad which are considered blasphemous or disrespectful. But hey, I've never been to the Middle East so what do I know? 

• snowman and Donna like this

#28 gettin-at-it

gettin-at-it

ACCOUNT CLOSED

• Account Closed
  • PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 06:56 PM

the film was seen all over the middle east and there were riots the same time as benghazi... that is the fact.

Kinda hard to do when they've never been nor will be caught. But Hillary said it best-"What difference does it make!". Exactly.

#29 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,455 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 07:13 PM

Were you this concerned when it happened on the GOP watch?  How many embassies were attacked then?  How many inquiries?

Sorry, folk, I've watched the Kevin McCarthy show. 

This is a witch hunt.

• snowman likes this

#30 averageguy

averageguy

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:38 PM

and the witch they are hunting is running for president...

• CityBoy likes this

#31 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:11 PM

and the witch they are hunting is running for president...

Ooh Donna, you walked right into that one!
  • Donna and woo like this

#32 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,455 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 06:24 PM

I did, didn't I?  Curses of cankles for all who chuckled!

#33 Persona Non Grata

Persona Non Grata

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 05:32 AM

I did, didn't I?  Curses of cankles for all who chuckled!

Always remember, no matter how cheap the shot, somebody will take it.

• Donna likes this

#34 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:58 AM

The Dems on the committee have sent a letter to Mr. Gowdy asking to disband the committee... good luck with that.

In the letter, Reps. Elijah Cumming (D-MD), Adam Smith (D-WA), Adam Schiff (D-CA), Linda Sanchez (D-CA), and Tammy Duckworth (D-IL), said that the way Republicans on the committee went about their work shows how political their investigation has been.

"Although some Republicans attempted to explain away Rep. McCarthy’s admission, it reflected exactly what has been going on within the Select Committee for the past year-and-a-half," the letter continues. "It has held no hearings of any kind since January, and it has completely abandoned its plans to hear public testimony from top defense and intelligence officials so Republicans can focus almost exclusively on Hillary Clinton."

The Democratic members of the panel then accused the Republican members of using "a series of selective leaks of inaccurate and incomplete information in an effort to attack Secretary Clinton with unsubstantiated or previously debunked allegations."

#35 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 07:30 AM

Honestly, There is no need.

I believe most folks realized it was a BS cover story the moment the lie was told.

I have spent time in the middle east, these folks do not spend all day online looking at you-tube videos, they are more concerned with scratching out a living.

a bs cover story???

http://www.aljazeera...0158465768.html

• Donna likes this

#36 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,111 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 11:48 PM

"Former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton said all of the government investigations into the terrorist attacks on U.S. diplomatic facilities in Benghazi concluded that “nobody did anything wrong.” That’s not exactly accurate.
An independent accountability board appointed by Clinton found “systemic failures and leadership and management deficiencies at senior levels.” On the day the report came out, four State Department employees were placed on administrative leave, and all four were later reassigned."

http://www.factcheck...nghazi-reports/

#37 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 12:01 AM

The only thing I get from this debacle is that the US had some secret operation going on

to try and influence the outcome of who is gonna control Libya.  Because THAT is secret

you can't get all the facts ...you know...the truth ...out.

Assuming I got that right, the rest of this crap is just beating up on the US officials trying

to get a good result because of the Benghazi raid.  It's completely stupid.  If you believe

that Hillary (I am not a fan btw) wanted these people to get killed and this disaster to

happen you are beyond reason.  

Sure, there is 'more to the story' but we can't tell it without making it far worse. 

That's all supposition on my part, but I must say , I seriously doubt that the US did nothing

after Ghaddafi was toppled.  

You really think Hillary wanted Chris Stevens dead?  Ridiculous. Can we move on? Or

must we keep  on with the same Republican smearhearings?

• snowman and Donna like this

#38 Quasar

Quasar

Dux Ducis

• Administrators
  • 6,636 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 05:56 AM

I've not heard or seen anyone claim that Clinton wanted Stevens dead... would take a genuine Richard to make that claim...

http://www.wsj.com/a...1OTA1OTQwNTk0Wj
  • kelley and CityBoy like this

#39 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 10 October 2015 - 07:03 AM

I've not heard or seen anyone claim that Clinton wanted Stevens dead... would take a genuine Richard to make that claim...

http://www.wsj.com/a...1OTA1OTQwNTk0Wj

OMG. the article is written as to glorify Trey Gowdy and his "investigation"...wow.

yes, they have interviewed people privately, only because they could then hide information, and leak selected statements, they have also neglected to interview some very major players...  but you know, this wall street journal article, which says absolutely nothing btw... "explains" it all.

#40 snowman

snowman

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,673 posts

Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:42 AM

http://mobile.nytime...quiry.html?_r=0

buried in this New York Times article...

Senior Republican officials, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were discussing confidential conversations, said that Mr. Boehner had long been suspicious of the administration’s handling of the attacks and that Mrs. Clinton’s emails gave him a way to keep the issue alive and to cause political problems for her campaign. But he thought that the task was too delicate to entrust to others and that it should remain with Mr. Gowdy, the former prosecutor.

matches up with the latest revelations of Bradley F. Podliska, who worked for the Republican staff of the Benghazi panel...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users