12 replies to this topic

#1 esulli01

esulli01

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 07:04 AM

Has anyone heard anything regarding a Methadone treatment clinic moving into the old Jay-C location?

#2 Donna

Donna

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,455 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 02:50 PM

Sorry, I haven't heard anything about that.  But welcome to Chatter, esulli01!

#3 masey

masey

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 26 August 2015 - 08:51 PM

I haven't heard that but New To You has closed and it was in the old Jay-C building. I wouldn't be happy for one to locate in town. The one on 62 is close enough.
  • ctownmom, Lady Phoenix and Donna like this

#4 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 01:58 PM

I heard today that the owner and Mayor are making plans,as far as the methadone clinic,I would not put anything passed Bob Hall . I have heard of a couple of other "Sweetheart Deals" that have been promised by Bob Hall if he is re-elected. The owner of the old Jay C and our Mayor have had dealings in the past that cost the tax payers of Charlestown hundreds of thousands of dollars! Remember the so called Regional Sewer that Bob Hall promised when he paid the land owner and now owner of the old Jay C monies that the court deemed the City of Charlestown did not owe  If re-elected I am sure Bob Hall will continue to fleece Charlestown at every turn! 

#5 Holy Cow

Holy Cow

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:58 AM

Heck, Old Pawpaw, you disappointed me. I thought we were going to hear how Bob Hall is to blame for the county's drug problems.

#6 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:27 PM

Holy Cow ,If you have some inside information about Bob Hall , let us in on it !

#7 TiffanyP

TiffanyP

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 September 2015 - 08:40 PM

Thank You

Edited by TiffanyP, 25 September 2015 - 09:23 PM.

#8 Holy Cow

Holy Cow

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 07:51 PM

No insider info here. It was an attempt at sarcasm that obviously missed the mark.

#9 Old Pawpaw

Old Pawpaw

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 10:51 AM

Holy Cow, I really did not think you had any inside info,my question to you may have been an attempt at sarcasm  as well. The only thing that I am trying to get across was the information that I have received from others,hence I stated "I heard".  I firmly believe that Bob Hall would do anything to get himself and his slate of candidates elected! He most certainly would and does not have any problems making political promises that he has no intention to keep. Also lying for political gain is something that Bob Hall is a master at.   I.E. Panera Bread and Ruby Tuesday's are prime examples neither of these company's would even consider coming to Charlestown because of our population, yet our Mayor lied in a recent brochure that was passed out all over Charlestown were he stated that Dan James,Ruth Ann Rawlings,and Jeff AAron  were the reason these company's choose not to come to Charlestown. That and the vast majority of Hall's political adds are bald-faced lies. If I where a member of Bob Hall's slate of candidates I would scrutinize the information contained in Bob Hall's political adds carefully before I would allow my name or picture to be associated with Bob Hall's pack of lies!

• Cheryl L Ross likes this

#10 Cheryl L Ross

Cheryl L Ross

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 11:52 AM

We do not need a Methadone Clinic here in Charlestown,the one on 62 is enough if not too much.Several times going to work in Jeff,there were cars pulling out when their light was red coming out of the clinic!!! Someday there will be an accident there.The comment about Dan,Ruth Ann and Jeff was pure bogus. These people are trying to bring business here not turn it away.It's time we the people of Charlestown realize what is going on in City Hall and behind closed doors with just a ''few people'' attending appointed by the Mayor.I'm not saying the Mayor hasn't beautified Charlestown,but lets take care of the brown water problem.WLKY showed a little segment of the problem speaking to a woman who said it's gotten better,hmmmm it has???? Not at our place or several others in our area.Election time is closing in and I for one hope do my best to see a change in our so called politics.Our Police Dept need a place that is safe and secure,we have many empty buildings here that could be refurbished for our Police Dept Buisnesses won't come here until we rectify our so called ''Brown Water'' problem.I'm sure Jeff Sheppard Sr will see that it's corrected without putting in dangerous chemicals,Mayor Hall at board meetings should be drinking the water not bottled water since he claims it's safe to drink,lol,funny.Dan,Ruth Ann and Jeff you have our vote and many more than you realize,Time for a change!!!!

#11 masey

masey

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 04:21 PM

I know a lot of the people that are running for this election. They are all good people with different opinions. I agree that Bob Hall and his truth brochure as he calls it, isn't telling the whole truth because he leaves out The fact that that three councilman voted the way the people wanted in the Pleasant ridge housing area. Some of the things in this brochure are so far-fetched and it made it look like we have lost a lot because of the three Councilman. If a person hasn't kept up with what's going on they would think all this was set in stone and we lost it -not true.
As far as the sidewalks on the north side of town they could have been put to better use going to the high school or Pleasant Ridge school unless they finish them out to the assisted living building. I can see why the three councilman didn't want it to go out that far. I personally like the new sidewalks and a lot of things that of been done in town but I feel lately it is what a certain group of people want no matter how many are for or against something.
Good things have happened under Bob Hall but the way he approached Pleasent Ridge Neighborhood was out of line. There are things the city could do without putting people out of their homes but Bob wants them gone.

#12 Boss Lady

Boss Lady

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 06:52 AM

I really hope people get their head out of bob halls donkey and realize what is going on. Do you think that you will find out every bit of information from the Charlestown web site like he says you will? No. Who is in charge of that web site? Do you not think that if bob hall gets re-elected that things are going to get real bad for Charlestown and the people that voted against him? He will destroy Charlestown and peoples home just for spite. And if you think he's not coming after Glendale you are so very wrong I have talked to people that got the papers from a meeting before the May election that Glendale will be next but can you find that on the Charlestown website? It has just disappeared....what happens when ihe gets re-elected and you figure out he lied and you were wrong about him. Elections are coming up and people really need to get out there and figure who really is best for Charlestown.
  • Cheryl L Ross likes this

#13 Boss Lady

Boss Lady

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 07:56 AM

Bob is scared. He will lie and say/do whatever to not let Jeff shepherd win. Jeff worked under bob for years as a police officer. If anybody is going to do any good for the CPD it's going to be Jeff shepherd. If Jeff gets voted as mayor it will take awhile to get the things fixed in Charlestown but it will get done. He is not going to focus on taking people's homes. I encourage everyone that has a question concern to send Jeff a message or come to his campaign kick off. Don't get blindsided by Bob....last time I checked he wasn't living in a fancy up to date home either so why should he take yours
  • Cheryl L Ross and Sleepy like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users