39 replies to this topic

#21 Mr. Gray

Mr. Gray

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:30 PM

I would prefer just an answer, honest or not. 

Call the sheriff and ask him !  

#22 Dustin33

Dustin33

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:18 AM

LOL...I'll try and do that but not sure where to get him at!  Sheriff's office, republican headquarters or his business office??

• Not Super But Honest Mike likes this

#23 Mr. Gray

Mr. Gray

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:12 AM

Total waste of time.  Once again Clark County politics has shown that it rules.  The deputy in question was in the wrong and made some mistakes, but did nothing different than other detectives were doing. But taking it to the extreme was only a tactic to promote others, and yes before the ink was dry that night a deputy was informed he was being promoted.  

This new Sheriff administration is no different than any other including the last one.  Give it time and see what else happens. But as usual, they know the public will sit idle and let politicians do what they want because deep down nobody cares.  The Sheriff might as well find one of those special ladies and hand out a shirt and badge to go along with all the promotions,special deputy badges, and new trucks and SUV's given to civilian employees he has already rewarded to his faithful flock.

And yes I was fooled at election time and did my part by voting and helping him get in.  I guarantee that won't happen next time.  I have removed the wool from my eyes and can see yet another crooked politician in office only for personal gain.

Edited by Mr. Gray, 19 September 2015 - 10:13 AM.

#24 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:31 AM

Total waste of time. Once again Clark County politics has shown that it rules. The deputy in question was in the wrong and made some mistakes, but did nothing different than other detectives were doing. But taking it to the extreme was only a tactic to promote others, and yes before the ink was dry that night a deputy was informed he was being promoted.
This new Sheriff administration is no different than any other including the last one. Give it time and see what else happens. But as usual, they know the public will sit idle and let politicians do what they want because deep down nobody cares. The Sheriff might as well find one of those special ladies and hand out a shirt and badge to go along with all the promotions,special deputy badges, and new trucks and SUV's given to civilian employees he has already rewarded to his faithful flock.
And yes I was fooled at election time and did my part by voting and helping him get in. I guarantee that won't happen next time. I have removed the wool from my eyes and can see yet another crooked politician in office only for personal gain.

The public has little choice but to sit idle when they don't know or understand what is going on. Details from those with the 411 would help. We can't do much with vague assertions from anonymous posters.

Who was promoted into her spot?

#25 Mr. Gray

Mr. Gray

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:47 AM

The public has little choice but to sit idle when they don't know or understand what is going on. Details from those with the 411 would help. We can't do much with vague assertions from anonymous posters.

Who was promoted into her spot?

Vague assertions ?  I listed facts above, the number of special deputies or reserves hired is astounding. Brand new trucks and suv's have been purchased and given to some of them, and yes it was announced the night she was demoted who would be getting promoted, CHECK FOR YOURSELF.  As far as the public sitting idle well that's just the lazy way out and an excuse for not caring...................

#26 TheEzeeNavigator

TheEzeeNavigator

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 02:18 PM

With all the reported problems highlighted by the media regarding the Clark County Sheriffs Office these past few years; only the surface has been "scratched' so far.

#27 Dustin33

Dustin33

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 03:49 PM

I'm curious to know if Tom Lowe knew he was lying when he said that the rank will not be filled as they are "top" heavy or did the sheriff break one off in him and made him look like a fool.

#28 Mr. Gray

Mr. Gray

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 07:41 AM

I'm curious to know if Tom Lowe knew he was lying when he said that the rank will not be filled ?

An attorney or politician lie, come on now they always tell the truth !   :no:

#29 hillbilly highway

hillbilly highway

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:24 AM

Wasn't that Scottie Maples that was promoted to captain?

#30 Mr. Gray

Mr. Gray

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 10:48 AM

Wasn't that Scottie Maples that was promoted to captain?

Forgot about him, there were two captains promoted then to go along with another Colonel.  Somebody say something about being top heavy BEFORE the lynching of Deputy Lee ?

#31 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 01:08 PM

Forgot about him, there were two captains promoted then to go along with another Colonel.  Somebody say something about being top heavy BEFORE the lynching of Deputy Lee ?

Don't you just love it when opponents slam and attack.
It makes the blog soooo worth while.

#32 Mr. Gray

Mr. Gray

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 02:30 PM

Don't you just love it when opponents slam and attack.
It makes the blog soooo worth while.

Wasn't an opponent until the Sheriff and his merry men showed their true colors. 

#33 Oldgoat

Oldgoat

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 04:18 PM

Vague assertions ?  I listed facts above, the number of special deputies or reserves hired is astounding. Brand new trucks and suv's have been purchased and given to some of them, and yes it was announced the night she was demoted who would be getting promoted, CHECK FOR YOURSELF.  As far as the public sitting idle well that's just the lazy way out and an excuse for not caring...................

Mr. Gray, Just FYI, reserves are not "hired".  They are citizens that agree to donate their time and resources to make their community a safer place.  They have mandatory training, mandatory hours each month they must work and buy a large portion of their equipment out of their own pockets.  Please explain why this is NOT a good thing!  Would you prefer to hire more paid officers that the county cannot afford?

#34 Mr. Gray

Mr. Gray

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 04:31 PM

Mr. Gray, Just FYI, reserves are not "hired".  They are citizens that agree to donate their time and resources to make their community a safer place.  They have mandatory training, mandatory hours each month they must work and buy a large portion of their equipment out of their own pockets.  Please explain why this is NOT a good thing!  Would you prefer to hire more paid officers that the county cannot afford?

Nothing wrong with a good reserve program until it is used to hand out badges as a political payback.  In this case I was referring to the specials or reserves that have been "appointed" and given brand new vehicles and other perks as payment when some regular deputies are still driving old worn out vehicles and have to worry about their status because they didn't support the man. Same old song and dance from another Sheriff that many thought was going to be better than the last one.  Politics has corrupted another good man.

Edited by Mr. Gray, 22 September 2015 - 04:39 PM.

#35 Big Bopper

Big Bopper

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 04:50 PM

Nothing wrong with a good reserve program until it is used to hand out badges as a political payback.  In this case I was referring to the specials or reserves that have been "appointed" and given brand new vehicles and other perks as payment when some regular deputies are still driving old worn out vehicles and have to worry about their status because they didn't support the man. Same old song and dance from another Sheriff that many thought was going to be better than the last one.  Politics has corrupted another good man.

Instead of doing the Texas Two Step on the issue, name names

#36 Mr. Gray

Mr. Gray

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 22 September 2015 - 05:47 PM

Instead of doing the Texas Two Step on the issue, name names

Nah, besides you and I both know who they are, but I've came to the conclusion people don't really care anyway.  Funny you mention Texas, got a little layover their soon before I go get some sun and sand.  May give the two step a try !  Thanks and take care...................

• Donna likes this

#37 Dustin33

Dustin33

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:19 PM

How the hell did we go from a Capt. being demote.d to a Lt. but we have 2 new Capt and a new LtCol????  I'm laughing at Lowe's statement

#38 Not Super But Honest Mike

Not Super But Honest Mike

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,711 posts

Posted 30 September 2015 - 09:44 AM

[quote name="Mr. Gray" post="164400" timestamp="1442957498"]Nothing wrong with a good reserve program until it is used to hand out badges as a political payback. In this case I was referring to the specials or reserves that have been "appointed" and given brand new vehicles and other perks as payment when some regular deputies are still driving old worn out vehicles and have to worry about their status because they didn't support the man. Same old song and dance from another Sheriff that many thought was going to be better than the last one. Politics has corrupted another good

In my opinion, it is wrong to give a new vehicle to a reserve officer. Also it is wrong to give a new vehicle to someone that has a desk job. I'm a firm believer that the officer on the road, the one WORKING, is the person that needs the best equipment the department has to offer. The reserve officers, office staff, and the sheriff himself should be the ones driving the oldest vehicles. Being a democrat or republican, or campaign worker, should have nothing to do with it.

Edit to add.....In my opinion, it is also wrong to give new vehicles to newly hired officers that have not passed the police academy.

Edited by Not Super But Honest Mike, 30 September 2015 - 09:52 AM.

#39 jiyabird

jiyabird

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,043 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:33 PM

Is there a website where you can see pictures of all of the Clark County Sheriff's officers and staff? Same thing for the Jeffersonville PD.
If there isn't, there should be.

#40 GrumpyGranny

GrumpyGranny

Local Legend

• Administrators
  • 5,169 posts

Posted 01 October 2015 - 04:52 PM

Is there a website where you can see pictures of all of the Clark County Sheriff's officers and staff? Same thing for the Jeffersonville PD.
If there isn't, there should be.

Jiya...

Clark County Sheriff's office photos   http://www.clarkcosh...reaprimaryid=10

I didn't find any photos of the JPD officers or staff. I might not have looked in the right place.

• jiyabird likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users