39 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Gray

Mr. Gray

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 07:19 AM

We all have read about how the Sheriff has been cleaning up from the last administration.  The jail and it's issues were addressed first.  Now, it has been learned that one of the deputies has resigned after being discovered as a convicted felon !  In the Sheriff's defense the deputy was hired under the last administration.  However, there is still one newly hired deputy with an interesting arrest record, maybe another cleaning is due ?

Good job Sheriff Noel in taking out the last corrupted administration's garbage !

Edited by Mr. Gray, 22 August 2015 - 07:20 AM.

• GrumpyGranny likes this

#2 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 07:57 AM

Glad to see he's at least keeping one of his promises.

#3 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 05:56 PM

Who you talkin' about, Willard?

#4 Russell Brooksbank

Russell Brooksbank

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,412 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 12:50 AM

Who you talkin' about, Willard?

I believe that cleaning up the jail was an issue that our good Sheriff ran on, am I correct?

#5 Mr. Gray

Mr. Gray

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 24 August 2015 - 06:26 AM

I believe that cleaning up the jail was an issue that our good Sheriff ran on, am I correct?

Now just one more criminal (he hired) to get off his department and he's good to go. 

Edited by Mr. Gray, 24 August 2015 - 06:35 AM.

#6 Mr. Gray

Mr. Gray

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 09:23 AM

And the cleanup continues. Where was her immediate supervisor, was he aware of these issues, and why isn't he on the hot seat as well for allowing this to occur for several years as alledged ?  

http://www.newsandtr...b459e5c0f0.html

Edited by Mr. Gray, 10 September 2015 - 09:25 AM.

#7 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:42 AM

I'd like to know if any of the evidence not turned in harmed a specific case. Given the types of cases mentioned, that's a big deal. Did someone walk because it was believed there was not sufficient evidence when the evidence just hadn't been turned in or processed? Or is this a concern with procedure that didn't actually cause harm?

Caught Steve on the news discussing this last night. Love his lack of filter, lol.

#8 Mr. Gray

Mr. Gray

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 10 September 2015 - 10:49 AM

I'd like to know if any of the evidence not turned in harmed a specific case. Given the types of cases mentioned, that's a big deal. Did someone walk because it was believed there was not sufficient evidence when the evidence just hadn't been turned in or processed? Or is this a concern with procedure that didn't actually cause harm?

Caught Steve on the news discussing this last night. Love his lack of filter, lol.

Good questions.  In the military higher ranking officers are held accountable for the guys under them, I can't help but wonder why this story or the one on WHAS didn't mention anything about who else knew this was occurring. Bad reporting or little political cover up because her supervisor(s) supported Noel in the election and she didn't ?  Just a little food for thought.

#9 WalkerStalker812

WalkerStalker812

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:32 AM

And the cleanup continues. Where was her immediate supervisor, was he aware of these issues, and why isn't he on the hot seat as well for allowing this to occur for several years as alledged ?  

http://www.newsandtr...b459e5c0f0.html

Doesn't he have something like two or three full time jobs? Of course the alleged issue went on for some time!  That's a lot to take care of at once! 

Edited by WalkerStalker812, 11 September 2015 - 05:38 AM.

#10 Stephen Voelker

Stephen Voelker

Resident

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:25 AM

It is inappropriate for me to comment yet.  Watch as the evidence unfolds.

• Mr. Gray likes this

#11 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:35 PM

I respect Det. Lee.  It sounds like the objects she 'held as evidence' were non-fungible items for which chain

of custody is not as critical.  Further,  I wonder what the policy was under the prior administration.  (ie the

ACTUAL policy ....not what was written in a rulebook somewhere.)  Good officer in my experience.

#12 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:07 PM

I respect Det. Lee. It sounds like the objects she 'held as evidence' were non-fungible items for which chain
of custody is not as critical. Further, I wonder what the policy was under the prior administration. (ie the
ACTUAL policy ....not what was written in a rulebook somewhere.) Good officer in my experience.

Then do you concur with Steve's assessment that this is about making room for someone else?

How does an ACTUAL policy differ from that written in a rule book?

#13 Pesty Version 2

Pesty Version 2

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,953 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:05 PM

I don't know the particulars of this case. I am just addressing what I do know about

evidence.  And, also, the fact that I think Rachel Lee is an honest and dedicated officer.

I took my daughter to meet her so that she could see that women were fully competent

to be police detectives if they wanted to and worked hard.  Det. Lee was very gracious

and provided a good example. I think she is a good person to have available for cases

where women or children are victims (or witnesses) and who may feel uncomfortable

speaking with a male.

As for policy,  I was only commenting on the practical facts of life.  This work is difficult

and there are 'rules and regulations' for things.  I am sure that if Sheriff is correct that

there may have been a policy on how to dispose of evidence. (ie, place into the evidence

room with a clear paper trail).  That is critical for fungible evidence like drugs or such. 

However, chain of custody is less rigid for non fungible items and in my experience it 

is not uncommon for investigators to keep some items of evidence in their possession.

I am NOT saying that's preferred practice, but I don't recall a non fungible item being 

kept out of evidence because the detective had kept it in his office.   

• Mr. Gray likes this

#14 Mr. Gray

Mr. Gray

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:57 AM

Then do you concur with Steve's assessment that this is about making room for someone else ?

My opinion says yes.  There is one other rank that they would love to get back and give it to another supporter also.  He was Rodden's replacement and then lost the election to Noel.

#15 kelley

kelley

Local Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,126 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:50 PM

This situation appears to have been resolved with a negotiated demotion.

http://m.newsandtrib...6.html?mode=jqm

#16 Sleepy

Sleepy

Commissioner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 08:07 AM

I do not Respect Det. Lee

Sorry Pesty.  Totally disagree with

your post regarding her being honest.

This is not factual in my world.

Edited by Sleepy, 16 September 2015 - 08:08 AM.

• grammy likes this

#17 Mr. Gray

Mr. Gray

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:23 AM

It is inappropriate for me to comment yet.  Watch as the evidence unfolds.

Care to comment now since a settlement was reached that will allow the political machine to continue to reward the supporters and punish the ones who didn't ?  I'm sure there was a small party last night with the chief of detectives smiling for never been held accountable, the deputy with a half dozen arrests (which she arrested him at least once) bragging about it, and the retired fed brought in to bring up dirt on anybody he can to help the machine.

All while the top dog says that this was not political, yeah right.  Another political administration has shown it's ugly head.  And this one is for you TomD,

BUSINESS AS USUAL IN CLARK COUNTY POLITICS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• SandS likes this

#18 Dustin33

Dustin33

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:50 PM

Why wasn't Major Boyer??(Bowyer) held accountable??  He's in charge of the department and if he's not capable of controlling his office, then he needs to go.  Quite confused as to how this agreement came about.  Something tells me that she was offered the demotion or termination.  Sounds like a defensive move for her to protect her retirement.  Who's next???

#19 Mr. Gray

Mr. Gray

Councilman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 701 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:49 PM

Why wasn't Major Boyer??(Bowyer) held accountable??  

You will never get an honest answer to that.  

• Dustin33 likes this

#20 Dustin33

Dustin33

Tourist

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:00 PM

I would prefer just an answer, honest or not. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users